View Full Version : Drying Laundry in hotels

10-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Was thinking earlier today about what sort of things i need to take for my DD who will be 4 when we go (not til November - yes i know, its far away!!), anyway, even though we are going for 2wks i only want to take 1wks worth of clothes each and i will do some washing while we are there (want to bring lots back!). Last time, my dh did the washing and tumble drying - when we got home i had to throw quite a few things away due to shrinkage, not just around the waist either before anyone makes a comment!:taunt:

So, Isabelle has quite alot of disney tops and other pretty little girly tops, none of which can be dried in the tumble dryer! Do hotels keep anything like airers which you can borrow and keep in the rooms?

10-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Not that I know of. However many hotels will have a string line that you can pull across the tub/shower to use to hang things from (meant for wet swim suits and the like).

You'd not have enough room for a whole load, but you could surely dry some things that way.

Also, you could half dry the clothes in the tumble dryer and use the room to dry the rest.

If you really wanted to, you could buy a cheap clothes rack at Target and use that. They collapse down to nothing so if you wanted you could bring it home, or if cheap enough, leave it behind.

10-06-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't ever dry any of my shirts in a dryer. They always shrink so I hang my shirts up. I haven't noticed a problem with pants/shorts though.

11-06-2010, 09:31 AM
The only thing I don't put in the dryer is jeans. On the other hand, I rarely wear them so it's not a huge factor.

When I used to wear sweaters, they didn't go in the dryer either.

One thing to remember though, in Florida it can be hard to get clothes dry without a tumble dryer as the humidity is so high.

11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
I wont be taking any jeans Tink - i usually wear linen trousers on holiday, and i dont know what dh did to them in the dryer but next time i put them on they were waaaay above my ankles!

I dont think i can get to a target, we never have a car when we are in Florida, i'll keep an eye out for something cheap and cheerful when we are out and about though - thank you!

11-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Ah! :eek: Never dry linen in the dryer! :eek: I wear linen trousers too and yepper, they'll shrink up right proper in a tumble dryer.

11-06-2010, 09:14 PM
I have a dryer at home but very rarely use it - most things get put on an airer or hung outside on the washing line! DH tried to blame them not fitting me on my holiday eating - told him that my eating wouldnt affect the length of the trousers! Pffffft, men!!!

22-06-2011, 12:11 PM
I always hang shirts to dry them. Try using hangers in the room. If you have the AC on it should cut the humidity and the shirts will dry. (You might want to have a back-up not in the laundry to wear while the others dry). You might also be able to have a drying rack shipped to you in the hotel if you order online (Target, Walmart etc). I have been told Disney is awesome at holding packages for guests if you contact them to let them know you’re expecting something.