PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!

mumof2
11-06-2010, 06:32 AM
the sky is grey and it's raining but hey, it's Friday!

Taking Jamie out to Woodies (http://www.woodiesdiner.com/) Diner tonight to celebrate ending school, weather permitting we're off to the South of England (http://www.seas.org.uk/shows.asp?ID=2) show tomorrow and Sunday - no plans yet, probably the skate park again with Matthew, he LOVES it there!

daveann
11-06-2010, 06:58 AM
off to work today for me but got the weekend off :mental:

arkvilla
11-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Out tonight at one of the school mums - we occasionally have a little get together - there's much frivolity http://yoursmiles.org/csmile/wink/c0527.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/c-wink.php?page=2)

Going to pick up my new(ish) car tomorrow and very excited - Mini Cooper

Kyle comes back from his school trip and I can't wait for my baby to come home- he will be smothered with hugs and kisses. http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/heart/t4526.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-heart.php?page=1)

No other plans

Sandra

Dawn
11-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Shoreham farmer's market for us tomorrow and Sunday I'm headed into Brighton with my mum for a bit of retail therapy.

ukwdwnut
11-06-2010, 07:55 AM
watching the first game of the world cup when i get home this afternoon. no plans for the weekend, apart from watching footy and F1 :D

tb2830
11-06-2010, 08:08 AM
sandra you will love your mini :yes:

ive actually got tomorrow off woo hoo so nice to get a weekend off

work today :thumbsdown:

lisaw
11-06-2010, 08:15 AM
the sky is grey and it's raining but hey, it's Friday!

Taking Jamie out to Woodies (http://www.woodiesdiner.com/) Diner tonight to celebrate ending school, weather permitting we're off to the South of England (http://www.seas.org.uk/shows.asp?ID=2) show tomorrow and Sunday - no plans yet, probably the skate park again with Matthew, he LOVES it there!

Woodies diner looks great! Think I will make a trip down for breakfast one day and then shop then back for dinner! :lol:

Daniel away at Baseball tomorrow and Caitlin at Stagecoach in the morning - 3 hours of peace - yay!! :lol:
A local school fete on Sunday where Caitlin is performing - :fingers: it doesn't rain!

Oh and I might just sneak in watching a little football match tomorrow night.

Tink
11-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Whew. Friday. Nice to be facing the weekend, eh? Our's is supposed to be a crazy hot weekend with temps as high as 104 degrees. :eek:

lozzy
11-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Friday is great news for the kids but I am still working as it is my weekend to work,
Tomorrow is karate morning for Reece 11-12, then not sure what we will do, depends on the weather.
Normal we would do stuff in the garden but it has got to the point now where we haven't got anything to do, just waiting for the grass to grow and after the rain we have had it will need a week to dry out.

Hope everyone has a nive weekend and the weather is good for you all.

MarkE
11-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm sure I'm doing something this weekend...

oh yeah - DOWNLOAD!!

AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Billy Idol, Slash, Motorhead, Aerosmith... to name the one's you're likely to know!!

See you monday - and if I'm not severely hung over, I've failed terribly!!

Tink
11-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Speaking of which... we'll need to work in mowing the lawn sometime over the weekend. It's the fast growing season here. Can't keep up with it. :sigh:

lozzy
11-06-2010, 09:11 AM

oh yeah - DOWNLOAD!!

AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Billy Idol, Slash, Motorhead, Aerosmith... to name the one's you're likely to know!!

See you monday - and if I'm not severely hung over, I've failed terribly!!

Glad I read your reply as it reminded me my son whats me to download some music for him, I did the complete collection of AC/DC last weekend along with Green Day, I wouldn't mind but I thenhave to spend the rest of the day arranging them for him on ITunes, Kids who needs them.

Deb
11-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Although it's still cool here today is the first day since Sunday that we haven't had torrential rain, and it's supposed to be dry tomorrow too, so we'll be taking advantage of actually being outside in the garden. We need to clean out the chickens and move their electric fence around, mow the garden and paddocks, and plant a few more flowers, so a busy domesticated weekend.We will also be keeping an eye on our new fledglings in the garden - woodpeckers and blackbirds at the moment - and watching out to see if our wrens fledge. And we'll unfortunately be waiting to see if Mr Darcy Cat comes home, he's been missing since last Saturday and we all miss him :sigh:

And of course watching some football matches :D And some Formula 1!

Tink
11-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Awww, maybe Mr. Darcy is just off visiting some friends? :hug2:

I have a tiny patch and I do mean tiny, where I think I'd like to plant a few flowers. :yes: Maybe I'll try my hand at seed...

Deb
11-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Awww, maybe Mr. Darcy is just off visiting some friends? :hug2:

I have a tiny patch and I do mean tiny, where I think I'd like to plant a few flowers. :yes: Maybe I'll try my hand at seed...

Thank you Tink :hug2: I know I'm a bit emotional when it comes to my animals, but they are family.

It's very windy here, and so we do lose quite a lot of plants sometimes, and so I often feel it's a waste to put all the work into growing things from seeds. However, we have a brilliant garden nursery a couple of miles away who grow the plants to supply the big garden centres and DIY stores, and they are very cheap, and so we can afford to experient. They also sell plants that have had the hard work already done by them in terms of nurturing the seeds, but that aren't quite fully grown, so you can still plant them young and see them grow.

MystikPiglit
11-06-2010, 02:23 PM

oh yeah - DOWNLOAD!!

And Cinderella! :thumbsup:

:wave: Have a great time!

Kate
11-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Naughty Mr Darcy!! He will be home sure i bet, he's just off on his summer holidays! :yes:

I didnt realise Aerosmith were in the UK - how jealous am i that you will be seeing them!

Dont know whats going on this weekend, id like to go out but im not a fan of the heat so i might just be holed up in the house - unless i can convince dh to go to the coast!

Claire
11-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Hope Mr Darcy comes home soon Deb.

We're are in for an exciting weekend. Only one thing planned so far. We're going to the tip! Can it get any more exciting than that I ask?

Actually two things planned. Saturday night we have friends round for pizza, potato wedges, dough balls, coleslaw and football!

Shellyamc
11-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Today is beautiful out! We are finally having some sun and warm :yes:

This weekend is a very very special one!! Today is Katie's rehearsal for her very first dance recital tomorrow :mental: We are so excited!! The camera and camcorder are charging and Mommy has tissues in her purse!

Of course there will be pictures :D I think someone is going to come take my camera in the night so you don't have to see anymore from me :lol:

daveann
11-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Didn't mr darcy go on holidays this time last year naughty boy :(

Deafjeff
11-06-2010, 05:19 PM
It was my DH birthday on Tuesday so we having birthday weekend. Going into town for coffee at John Lewis (got free vouchers!)

Friends coming over for Indian takeaway then chilling out on Sunday with a session at the gym.

Must start assessing tons of evidences

Isafari
11-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Not seen DH at all this past week so we are going out either saturday or sunday for a meal and I want to spend my birthday money :D

Come home Mr. Darcy.

Deb
11-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Didn't mr darcy go on holidays this time last year naughty boy :(

He went for 10 days last August Ann, well remembered. It's the only time he's been gone for more than 22 hours...we're hoping he's just done the same thing again and gone for some cat hunting time :( Poor Basil Puppy (who is no longer really a puppy but still behaves like one so will probably always be called that) misses him terribly...today he has sat at the window looking out on the drive that Mr D usually walks down to come home, and cried for hours :(

Tink
11-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh! Poor Basil. :( Mr. Darcy is just out there doing whatever male cats do... :unsure:

mumof2
11-06-2010, 07:16 PM
awww Deb :hug2::hug2:

mumof2
11-06-2010, 07:19 PM
we just got back from the diner, it's pretty cool in there! not as big as i thought it would be but they had Grease showing on the big tv so i'm happy!

burgers in large buns, chips, onion rings, thick milkshake, cloudy lemonade, pepsi, ice creams and banoffee pie.....yummidy yummidy yum! :yes:

uscwest
11-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Beautiful day here today, not too hot. Had a couple of medical appointments so recorded WC Game 1 Mexico-RSA Watching it now. Already know the score but so what. :yes:

Tinkfan
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I hope he's home soon, poor Basil he misses his buddy! Quiet week-end for a change, no big family parties! Just hockey and soccer. It's supposed to rain for most of the week-end so no yard work :sorry: