PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up an H1...

MarkE
11-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Don't know if I told you, but we were broken into in February and they took my Sony H5!! Bar Stewards. Anyway, I neevr replaced it, but saw a H1 in a local shop the other day for 60, so had to pick it up. This weekend at Download festival will be my first time using it.

Anyone got one, or experience of using one? I was only just getting to grips with the H5, but these seem very similar - googling it, thre doesn't seem to be too much of a difference between them, so I should be ok.

If you have any hints or tips, let me know!!

Thank you!!

ukwdwnut
11-06-2010, 09:32 AM
sorry mark never seen or used one. just wanted to say dont forget to post some pix when you have some :wink: :)

have a great time at the fest

keith
11-06-2010, 09:43 AM
I have an H5 in the box never used :( how pathetically awful is that. Me and cameras, I seem to collect them, be better if I USED one now and again eh?

I havent used an H1 sorry but like you say, they cant be too different. Perhaps I should yah know, actually try the H5 sometime!!

MarkE
11-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Keith, I really liked the H5 - the pre-set options were good enough for me, I was only just starting to do manual stuff. Play with it at the weekend, and I'll post my pics as soon as I can!!

MarkE
14-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Well, I'm back - amazing festival. The H1 and H5 are very very similar, I have only noticed one difference so far - with the H5, you could zoom in and out whilst filming something, with the H1, it appears that you have to focus first, then start filming, and pray whatever it is doesnt move too much!! Unless it was just user error, I was a bit tipsy!!

My other tip to anyone with any sort of camera - the poundland style 12 in a pack for a seemingly cheap amount are cheap for a reason!! I took a pack as back up as it was 3 days and about 400-500 photo's off a set of not fully charged rechargeables. I was literally getting five shots per pair of batteries, then they just didn't want to know!!

Tinker
15-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Great Deal, Mark . So sorry to hear of the break in . I had an H5 , but sold it on ebay as it was just to much camera for me . My little pink Sony cybershot is well, shot . No pun intended . Whenever I push the view button, it goes back to shooting an image and goes through all the different functions . It still takes nice pictures, but I need to buy a new one .

Beccaberry
15-06-2010, 01:52 AM
First off Mark, so sorry to hear about the break in :hug2: glad to hear everyONE is safe...things can, as I'm sure you've learned, be replaced.

Second off, after reading the title of your thread, I was quite expecting to come in to find you caught half of the swine flu (H1N1). Glad to hear that's not the case either.

Camera sounds lovely, with the exception of the filming bit...did you ever get that sorted, or find a way around it?

bento
16-07-2010, 04:50 AM
what's the quality like in low-light conditions? I'm really curious i'm considering getting one

MarkE
23-07-2010, 10:07 AM
The only pictures I've taken in the dark so far have been outdoor concerts (Pink and at Aerosmith). But they've come out quite well, when I have patience with the subject's positioning!!

When I get time (probably next week) I'll post some pictures of various pics I've took so far - got a night at home to myself tonight so I might walk around the park etc and take some experimental shots.