PDA

View Full Version : Do you make good use of Disney's photopass?

Isafari
12-06-2010, 10:45 PM
I've seen us have a photo taken at every photographer up Main Street with the castle behind us - just so we have a good choice of which photo we get developed when we return home.

Does anyone have any of the special effect photos they want to share with us. You know the type I mean....Tinker Bell in the palm of your hand/holding Mickey balloons/Stitch appearing out of the ground etc.

Have there been any special effect photos you'd love but haven't managed to get yet?

Tink
13-06-2010, 11:46 AM
No, we've never used photopass but once. Didn't like the photos on them at all, and you know I'm not the world's greatest photographer! :lol: (But my photos were better).

So, we don't bother with it now.

keith
13-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm with Tink on this one. We tried it the first few times but never ever bought anything

I'm not a huge fan of the photopass photos at all which is strange because I've spoken to some photopass photographers and we've messed around taking photos etc and the ones I spoke to knew their stuff! they weren't just, or didnt seem to be, random cms given a camera.

Some of the ones doing the resort photo sessions are really really good

Britchick
13-06-2010, 12:58 PM
we did it last time and I'm glad we did but don't know about next time. It felt like a chore having your photo taken and most of the photos were over exposed, maybe I just got unlucky. There's no excuse really with cameras these days and a tripod.

uscwest
13-06-2010, 11:31 PM
We purchase the photopass almost every time. Get all the photos that we can find and then we can print them at home if we want a special one.

lisaw
14-06-2010, 07:23 AM
We always get the CD and end up with loads of photos - I agree a lot of them aren't great but we got some lovely ones done in the lobbys of the Poly, WL and AKL - they were worth the price of the CD alone :yes:

Britchick
14-06-2010, 11:22 AM
You know I'll end up doing it! The lobby ones sound good

Skywatcher
14-06-2010, 01:12 PM
SOme are great the ones with the imposed characters are fun - we saw one with stitch comig out of drain someone had and that was great but for basic shots around the parks its all a bit 'meh' people are always happy to take your camera and take a shout for you so we'd rather do that than apy what seems to be be way too much

simonwebb74
14-06-2010, 01:32 PM
We had a lot of photos taken last year and would definately use the photopass next time we go.

We actively tried to get the character photos; kids holding Mickey balloons, Tinkerbell in the palm of your hand etc. as this all adds to the overall effect of the photos you receive. We also ordered the photobook which we all think is amazing and a great way to display a selection of your photos.

Tinker
14-06-2010, 11:40 PM
I have to admit , I don't and have never used the phtopass for the packages/CD . I still go and look at them online and the ones I like, I buy before it expires .

Johnie
14-06-2010, 11:46 PM
We've bought the photopass several times and it's been a good value.

Quite frankly, it's cheaper to buy the CD than to purchase a couple of pictures.