PDA

View Full Version : What's the longest....

Isafari
12-06-2010, 10:48 PM
you've ever waited in line for an attraction at WDW and what was it?

Is there any attraction you simply wouldn't go on/watch unless it was a walk on?

Britchick
12-06-2010, 10:50 PM
About an hour and Dumbo!

foreverducky
12-06-2010, 10:57 PM
I waited in July for what suppose to be 40 minutes for Peter Pan. It was brutal. I felt like cattle and it was not 40 minutes. I will not wait for longer than 30 minutes for anything. I can always go back.

ukwdwnut
13-06-2010, 01:15 AM
90 mins for test track

Tink
13-06-2010, 03:36 AM
I don't honestly remember how long it was, but that very first (not so great) visit to MK, it seemed like every queue was a long wait.

Now, I pretty much won't wait more than 15 minutes for anything. Too easy to just go back another day. :yes:

Skywatcher
13-06-2010, 07:24 AM
90 minutes or more for splash mountain first time we ever rode it in 1996

lisaw
13-06-2010, 08:49 AM
2 hours for Shrek! Think that was why I was so disappointed and have never been back to Universal since!

mumof2
13-06-2010, 11:35 AM
blimey i can't remember exactly, but i do know that Peter Pan and Indy Speedway have been very long wait times.

Tinkfan
13-06-2010, 12:27 PM
2 hours for Soaring

Claire
13-06-2010, 01:18 PM
As far as I can remember the longest we've waited for anything was when we went in 1996 with just Poppy and we queued for about 30 minutes to meet Ariel. Since then we've always managed to get by with either a fastpass, the GAC or luck.

Isafari
13-06-2010, 02:29 PM
2 hours for Soaring

Same here.
It was NYE and the park was crowded to say the least. Would never wait that long for a ride again though. Normally, if it says 20 minutes or under we wait.

Kate
13-06-2010, 02:35 PM
2 hours for test track and i will never ever in my life queue for that long again!! Our problem is that we dont buy passes for disney, tickets on the day so if we dont get it done that day we might not get to do it - but i can live with that now!

BUTTERHEAD1
13-06-2010, 02:57 PM
We waited 2 hours on line for Fantasmic one year, we couldnt get a reservation for a Fantasmic/Dinner package and we wanted to se it so we waited in the hot and humid August weather 2 hours. Last wear we waited 90 minutes for Toy Story Mania and Soarin. Another year in April(Easter Break) we went to Magic Kingdom and were told that the park is filled to capacity and that we could not get in.

gwennie81
16-06-2010, 03:53 AM
I think I waited over an hour for Soarin' once. And I think it was the first time I rode. I would NEVER wait that long again. Fast Pass is where it's at!
I was FORCED to wait over an hour to ride Peter Pan once. I will NEVER ride that ride again. SO not worth it (unless you're under 7 yrs old)

Skywatcher
16-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Ah yeah in recent times, Peter Pan was by far the longest queue as it was always on the kids 'must do's ' Dumbo is a very frustrating queue to be in

I am very interested in this thread as I always thought that the summer queues would be awful but the length of time people wait I have seen in January - I am wondering if they are longer or people aren't prepared to wait though

Beccaberry
16-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Ah yeah in recent times, Peter Pan was by far the longest queue as it was always on the kids 'must do's ' Dumbo is a very frustrating queue to be in

I am very interested in this thread as I always thought that the summer queues would be awful but the length of time people wait I have seen in January - I am wondering if they are longer or people aren't prepared to wait though

I think when people go in the summer the "expect" the lengthy lines so they are more likely to get the fastpass then in, say, January (or another "offpeak" time) when they think "oh, it's probably not *that* long...." and then are wrong. It's all about conditioning. The first time we went in August, I was honestly mentally prepared to be MISERABLE. I was pleasantly surprised. The lines were manageable (again, we automatically fastpassed EVERYTHING) and the weather was quite nice. Now, whether or not that was because I was expecting the worst and it wasn't or whether it was just truly a lovely trip...I can't say.

Beccaberry
16-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh...and to answer the question....about an hour for Dumbo and Peter Pan. That PP line is VERY deceptive...

I've now found that the best time to ride PP AND Snow White is in the last hour of EMH in MK...typically walk on.

As for the last half of the question (a ride that you'll ONLY ride if there's no line)...It's a Small World. In fact, to be honest, I'm not sure I've ever said, "Let's ride It's a Small World" unless it was IMMEDIATELY accompanied by the phrase, "...there's no line."