PDA

View Full Version : Opening Ceremonies

Isafari
12-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Anyone seen any of the opening ceremonies at the WDW parks? What did you think of them?

I'm ashamed to say that I've only seen the AK one from such a distance that I may as well not have bothered.:unsure:

I am so going to catch the MK opening ceremony this summer though....would love to see it :yes:

foreverducky
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM
You know, I'm an early bird...up by 5am everyday. Even at disney I'm up early, but I can never seem to make it to one of these. Someday I will.

Tink
13-06-2010, 10:38 AM
We've done the one at AK and MK. :yes:

keith
13-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Nope, more of a late night person than an early morning ;)

BUTTERHEAD1
13-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I am another one who is more of a night person and have never been to any of the parks prior to opening.

lisaw
13-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Definitely see the MK one Diane - it makes me blub!

Kate
13-06-2010, 03:35 PM
No i havent seen any of them :(

Isafari
13-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Definitely see the MK one Diane - it makes me blub!

It's on my 'must do' list for August :thumbsup:

Deb
14-06-2010, 01:07 PM
I caught the EPCOT one in 2003, and it was fun. This time I caught all of the others...AK was cute, HS was kinda corny and silly, but MK was lovely and made me cry my eyes out! It was our first morning at the parks, and I hadn't been for 7 years, and it just restarted the magic for me!!:thumbsup:

Skywatcher
14-06-2010, 01:21 PM
MK loads of times as its always our 1st port of call and as such we are up by 4 am on our first day there - never yet been picked for the parade though :lol:

AK we have seen a couple of times and EPCOT in the dim and distant past used to involve the old london bus full of characters if I remember

However the best one was the Studios opening in the last trip where the chap was directing us like a whole cast of extras to WALK to the toy story ride :lol: he was brilliant

uscwest
14-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I was just getting ready to say that I never caught the one at EPCOT when Chris comes along and mentions the bus and I had this memory flashback. I miss that. Animal Kingdom's opening is pretty cool when the characters come out to open the park and sometimes the CMs are there with small caged animals to view.

We've been so many times that getting to a park right at opening is not necessarily a must do for us unless it is DHS and we want to do TSM.

Tinker
14-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Saw AK from a distance and as usc stated , saw the characters again from a distance, but then once we got in , saw the CM's with the small reptiles & tarantulas . :exit:
Also when my dear girlfriend and I went to DHS for Super Soap Weekend , we saw opening ceremonies . It was the actors & actresses doing skits . Like the street performers ?!?!
I really, really, want to see MK , but I'm a night owl and usually don't make it .

gwennie81
16-06-2010, 03:46 AM
I was at Epcot early enough one time. Basically they hold everyone just on the Futureworld side of Spaceship Earth and do a countdown and then play music. It's pretty uneventful.

I was at Hollywood Studios ALMOST in time to see the opening ceremony on Friday morning. It was a Star Wars weekend so I could HEAR them doing some sort of Star Wars play. By the time I made it up to the line to go through the turnstiles, there were just two Stormtroopers standing on the overhead canopy and Boba Fett would walk over once in a while and they would make fun of the "humans" down below.