PDA

View Full Version : Why are the park entrances so far from the bus stops?

disneymom
15-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know why say at epcot they make you walk all the way to the far left of the entrance to go through bag scanning and then all the way back to get in?

same in the magic kingdom, you have to go down the path instead of just cutting across

is it just to manage crowds because its really annoying :lol:

Dawn
15-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I'd guess it's to manage crowds because people aren't just arriving by bus. Depending on what park it is you could have people arriving by car, bus, cab, tram, boat, or monorail but to have all those right outside the turnstiles would be chaos.

Skywatcher
15-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Its certainly to manage the crowds to get trhough baggage checks - prior to 9/11 it wasn't an issue as people came from lots of different directions, now they have to bag check they have to funnel people coming from monorail, cars and buses all through one point

not sure if/when they will relax this

Tinker
15-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I sadly don't think it will change anytime soon as some act of terror is continuing . On yesterdays news , a vehicle tried to get unauthorized clearance into an Air Force base in FL . Officials were called and when the vehicle was checked , it was filled with weapons of all sorts . Imagine just how many guests could be taken out in one park alone . I'd rather wait and be safe , IMHO .

Skywatcher
15-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh of course Tinker , not reported here so wouldn't know of course

Tinker
15-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Of course I know you all want to be safe . I just used that as an example of what is still going on here in the US . Did you hear about the car that was unattended in NYC , a few weeks back , upon checking the car, the NYPD discovered a bomb . Every where we turn in which ever country, not just the US , these terrorists are trying to cause us harm . Sorry, if it sounded worse than what I was posting . :hug2:

Tink
15-06-2010, 11:01 PM
The couple stopped at McDill were unable to show ID so that resulted in their vehicle being searched. A number of rifles and other long guns were found. :sigh:

The searches at WDW are somewhat useless from what I can see. You can have a handgun or knife in your pocket and if the outline isn't visible, no one is going to call you on it. They don't have you go through a metal detector nor do they ask you to empty your pockets.

Sometimes I'll stuff my pockets so I don't have to go through the bag line. Never been stopped for that yet. :sorry:

I think safety and security is a sensible thing, but the security has to be believable.

The circuitous routes are to keep you moving and thinking that you are making progress! :lol:

Johnie
15-06-2010, 11:09 PM
The "security" checks at Disney are ridiculous. Most of the security officers barely even glance in a bag. They may touch the bottom of the bag but really do they expect to get stabbed with a knife or feel the outline of a gun?

I carry stuff in my pockets and they never ask to check that. Who knows what I could be smuggling in that way.

Tinker
15-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Sadly, I have to agree with you both . But it just may send terrorists in the other diection, at just the sught of security . I can hope so anyway ! :yes:

Johnie
16-06-2010, 01:34 AM
Sadly, I don't think someone who truly wants to harm and inflict damage is going to stop so easily.

The Statue of Liberty has security. I haven't felt safe anywhere since we went into the base of it.

Slowhand
16-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Fortunately, from a safety point of view, the security at MCO is top notch.:thumbsup:
On our return trip, just before passing through the x-ray arch the lady security guard asked me what I was carrying in my pocket.
All I had was a small diary that didn`t even form a bulge in my pocket! Maybe she had x-ray vision! :lol: