PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone on here met up?

MonorailMick
15-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Just wondered if there were ever any meets or anything? Have you met someone else from here and if so where :D

Tinker
15-06-2010, 04:28 PM
As you can see by the pictures , I have met mainecoon lover . She came to NYC , I live in NJ . We have also had mini meets at WDW , when others are planned to go at the same time .
Also, I recently got to see some friends that I had met several times before at a Lobsterfest in VA .

MonorailMick
15-06-2010, 04:31 PM
ive always wanted to go to one of these meets, are they announced somewhere on here?

Are they awkward when you meet people for the first time or is the common disney theme enough to make it easy?

ukwdwnut
15-06-2010, 04:56 PM
ive been on meets, well camping and caravanning holidays really, and a BBQ locally with members on here before secrets was here apart from arkvilla who i met at the BBQ

ive met

lisaw & family
britchick, & family
dizneyblonde, & family
tb2830 & craig
claire & family
arkvilla
dawn, adrian & steven
maincoone lover& beth
chris, lisa & family
tinkerbell & family

all really nice people, a few have even visited at others houses

depending on where you want to meet mick

you can add your wdw dates to our planner in the itineries forum, or even better its here :D

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/itineraries/2281-planner-who-goes-when.html#post31140

then arrange a meet with whoever is going the same time as you.

i have asked about a meet in this country, quite a few are up for it but its when and where and affordability too as people are always jetting off to see the mouse :)

arkvilla
15-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I've met Mick but not through this forum but another.

I'm happy to meet with anyone whem I'm in Florida and am planning to meet Isafari if she has the time :-)

I've never found it awkward but I am a chatterbox http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/talk/t1103.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-talk.php?page=)

Sandra

arkvilla
15-06-2010, 05:01 PM
ive been on meets, well camping and caravanning holidays really, with members on here before secrets was here

ive met

lisaw
britchick
dizneyblonde
tb2830
claire

you can add your wdw dates to our planner in the itineries forum, or even better its here :D

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/itineraries/2281-planner-who-goes-when.html#post31140

i have asked about a meet in this country, quite a few are up for it but its when and where and affordability too as people are always jetting off to see the mouse :)

Oiiii - you forgot me http://yoursmiles.org/csmile/question/c0312.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/c-question.php?page=)

Sandra

ukwdwnut
15-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Oiiii - you forgot me http://yoursmiles.org/csmile/question/c0312.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/c-question.php?page=)

Sandra

lol look again missy :)

arkvilla
15-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Ok - better late than never ;-)

Sandra

Beccaberry
15-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I have met any NUMBER of lovely people from our boards here...and I always enjoy putting a name with a person :)

I am NOT going to try to list them all because I'd inevitably leave someone out and feel awful. :)

But I've never met someone I didn't have a blast with!

catrancher
15-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Oddly enough I met Slowhand and his DW on a Disney Cruise before I became a member here. In fact, he's the one that invited me to join this august group.

So it's all his fault. Blame him! :taunt:

Tom (:macwave:... I didn't do it. Honest!)

keith
15-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm a bit on the shy side :unsure: so although I keep really wanting to meet up, I haven't met very many people in real life at all. I love reading about the meets and seeing the photos though :)

keith
15-06-2010, 05:16 PM
ive been on meets, well camping and caravanning holidays really, and a BBQ locally with members on here before secrets was here apart from arkvilla who i met at the BBQ

ooo was that the BBQ I was watching on the webcam?

Britchick
15-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I've met a few people but don't want to name them in case I forget someone lol! In fact I've made some very good friends, can't believe that vie been talking to some of them for 7/8 years now.

josh.p.
15-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I've met Keith before very briefly as I knew he was shy and also because we had a very hungry Niamh crying because she wanted her bottle (she was only young at the time) :rotfl:

keith
15-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I've met Keith before very briefly as I knew he was shy and also because we had a very hungry Niamh crying because she wanted her bottle (she was only young at the time) :rotfl:

in fairness, you were very gentle with me Josh :lol: and I enjoyed meeting you, your sister and Niamh very much

lisaw
15-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I've met a few people but don't want to name them in case I forget someone lol! In fact I've made some very good friends, can't believe that vie been talking to some of them for 7/8 years now.

Me too :yes: In fact some of them I talk to online more often than I talk to the people that live in my own house :lol:

Dawn
15-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Quite a few, including Mick who appears to have forgotten. :lol:

ukwdwnut
15-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Quite a few, including Mick who appears to have forgotten. :lol:

omg yeah and you dawn im sorry hun :hug2: :lol:

Dawn
15-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Obviously made a huge impression on you. :D

ukwdwnut
15-06-2010, 05:43 PM
ooo was that the BBQ I was watching on the webcam?

it sure was :yes: :D

ukwdwnut
15-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Obviously made a huge impression on you. :D

your one of my mates hun dont worry, you should know my memory is shot :lol:

ukwdwnut
15-06-2010, 05:47 PM
its about time we all met up again somewhere for sure :yes:

uscwest
15-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Donna and I have met several wonderful people through the magic of Disney.

Johnie
15-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I've met a lot of people on here. I joke that I am the Secrets Welcome Wagon Lady :tongue:

tb2830
15-06-2010, 06:40 PM
I've met a lot of people on here. I joke that I am the Secrets Welcome Wagon Lady :tongue:

you didnt meet me :thumbsdown: :donald:

Johnie
15-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I know and I still feel bad :sorry:

tb2830
15-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I know and I still feel bad :sorry:

there will be plenty of other times :hug2:

Britchick
15-06-2010, 07:10 PM
its about time we all met up again somewhere for sure :yes:

well organise something then Mick:taunt:

Isafari
15-06-2010, 07:17 PM

You kid not :lol:

Tinker
15-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Not awkward at all meeting others from the forum as we are like family already and all love Disney .
Keith ... I will be gentle, I promise . Ask Tink !

mainecoon lover
15-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Oi what about me :slap:

ive met

lisaw & family
britchick, & family
dizneyblonde, & family
tb2830 & craig
claire & family
arkvilla
dawn, adrian & steven

all really nice people, a few have even visited at others houses

littleangel
15-06-2010, 09:04 PM

:lol: who have you met mainecoon lover? is the mainecoon in your name cats? I love mainecoons with a passion

Tinker
15-06-2010, 09:27 PM
How about that horrid homeless guy with the cat, Michelle , speaking of cats .

Tinker
15-06-2010, 09:28 PM
and you have to excuse Nut , he suffers from CRS ! :taunt: He forgot many members, not just you sweetie . :hug2:

littleangel
15-06-2010, 09:40 PM
it would be easier to ask you who you havent met Tinker youve met everyone! :wiggle:

ukwdwnut
15-06-2010, 11:01 PM

i knew i would forget a few sorry michelle :hug2:

josh.p.
15-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm always weary of saying who i've met incase I forget people. Luckily (or unluckily I suppose would be the right word) I've only met 1 from these forums :sigh: Hopefully in the future if a visit to Disney ever overlaps with a member then we can meet up :yes:

Johnie
15-06-2010, 11:03 PM
see? that's why I didn't list everyone....I knew I'd leave someone out by accident.

Well I've never met a stranger so it's not awkward for me to meet people. However, I could probably be too much for some so I try and tone it down a bit :unsure:

josh.p.
15-06-2010, 11:52 PM
I still get embarrassed sometimes, because I've met a few people through the tortoise groups, and many of them turned out to be not very nice :unsure:

For some reason, I really don't think it'd be a problem here, I think of each and every one of you as my closest friends :yes:

Tink
16-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I still get embarrassed sometimes, because I've met a few people through the tortoise groups, and many of them turned out to be not very nice :unsure:

For some reason, I really don't think it'd be a problem here, I think of each and every one of you as my closest friends :yes:

I've had that very problem too, Josh. Met some people through another site and it ended up pretty horrible. Nasty in fact. :(

So... I'm along with our Keith, over there tucked up behind the curtain peering at all you lovely, brave folks. :yes: :D

Slowhand
16-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Met some people through another site and it ended up pretty horrible. Nasty in fact. :(

Hopefully you didn`t feel that way about everyone you met on that occasion Tink. :lol:

As others have said, I too have met several folks from Secrets [no names, no pack drill] and I love putting faces to their names when we meet for the first time. I somehow get a mental picture in my head of what some of the members look like and 9 times out of 10 I am totally wrong!

I feel as though all of the members I have met are among my true friends by now. :hug2:

simonwebb74
16-06-2010, 09:57 AM
I've met lisaw, But that was a long time before this forum http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

ukwdwnut
16-06-2010, 10:01 AM
well organise something then Mick:taunt:

i tried to last year nothing came of it tho did it...its hard trying to nail everyone down when most people go to wdw every year and cant do a meet...but im up for it

Lisa1976
16-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I've met Keith and his lovely wife - they came to our wedding at the Pavilion in December 2004. :yes:

I haven't met Mick, but I have had the pleasure of working with his lovely daugther Lauren and her then boyfriend (is he still around Mick?)

Mostly recently I have met Nicki Rick, I haven't a clue what her name is on here though, sorry!! We get on really well :hug2:

arkvilla
16-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I'd really like a meet up so count me in if it can sorted either here or when I'm in Florida ( See my countdown.... IT'S SOON :thumbsup:)

Sandra

disney1sttimer
16-06-2010, 12:37 PM
I'd really like a meet up so count me in if it can sorted either here or when I'm in Florida ( See my countdown.... IT'S SOON :thumbsup:)

Sandra

ooo me too I'd love to meet you all :hug2: sounds like a bbq at Micks place :D

Skywatcher
16-06-2010, 12:40 PM

ive met

lisaw & family
britchick, & family
dizneyblonde, & family
tb2830 & craig
claire & family
arkvilla
dawn, adrian & steven
maincoone lover& beth

:dozey: clearly meeting my family sticks in the mind then mate :lol:

Skywatcher
16-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Well reading through I think the basic theme is Mick met most of us and then forgot

Back to the OP , a lot of us have known each other for 6-7 years and met up a few times in the past - its weird but as we all know eachother so well on here it never felt that weird in real life , we always have Disney to talk about if nothing else and if anything it brings us all closer together

I count Dawn and family amongst our closest buddies and others on here I haven't met I would dearly love to

We are a very friendly and open happy group and if we ever get the chance MM it would be a pleasure to meet up :yes:; it can seem intimidating at first , and sometimes it can seema bit cliquey, especially as we know eachother of old

Must arrange a mega meet at some point though

ukwdwnut
16-06-2010, 12:57 PM
:dozey: clearly meeting my family sticks in the mind then mate :lol:

im so sorry chris, ive added you...you know i even saw the photos of the kids and lisa a few days ago on the railway thingy when we met up

Skywatcher
16-06-2010, 01:00 PM
:laugh:

So Monorail Mick - tip1 - no point meeting our Mick as he won't remember, he's like the secrets pet goldfish :D

That was a cracking day out at Paultons though, lovely bunch of people - including Tash who I haven't seen around for years, Would be scary to do the same photo of teh kids we took then compared to now

ukwdwnut
16-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I've met Keith and his lovely wife - they came to our wedding at the Pavilion in December 2004. :yes:

I haven't met Mick, but I have had the pleasure of working with his lovely daugther Lauren and her then boyfriend (is he still around Mick?)

Mostly recently I have met Nicki Rick, I haven't a clue what her name is on here though, sorry!! We get on really well :hug2:

is she even on here? i know theres a nicki is that her? is nicki rick the one who lives in devon/cornwall?

no lauren split up with him quite a few years ago now lisa when she came back home

ukwdwnut
16-06-2010, 01:10 PM
ooo me too I'd love to meet you all :hug2: sounds like a bbq at Micks place :D

if i had a decent garden i would its way too small and too far for people to come i think :(

MystikPiglit
16-06-2010, 01:48 PM

That would be our friend Tinkerbell. :)

Skywatcher
16-06-2010, 01:50 PM
:mental:
I WANT to meet Mystikpiglet and give her the cuddle I promised 7 years ago :yes:

MystikPiglit
16-06-2010, 02:00 PM
:mental:
I WANT to meet Mystikpiglet and give her the cuddle I promised 7 years ago :yes:

Awww..... Gonna have to be a BIG hug to make up for waiting this long. :hug2:

ukwdwnut
16-06-2010, 02:02 PM
That would be our friend Tinkerbell. :)

ah i thought it might of been and ive been yakking away to her without knowing it was her, ive even been round her lovely house too :lol:

Skywatcher
16-06-2010, 02:16 PM
THAT he remembers :rolleyes: :lol:

ukwdwnut
16-06-2010, 02:50 PM
THAT he remembers :rolleyes: :lol:

:lol: who me?

can i post one of lisa and one of the boys he was tiny back then chris, not sure which one it is

Britchick
16-06-2010, 05:58 PM
At least I'm skinnier now than I was in that last photo lol!

Would love to do something again but would need notice to get time off etc

mainecoon lover
16-06-2010, 06:34 PM
i knew i would forget a few sorry michelle :hug2:

I forgive you :hug2:

mainecoon lover
16-06-2010, 06:35 PM
:lol: who have you met mainecoon lover? is the mainecoon in your name cats? I love mainecoons with a passion

Mick, dizneyblonde and Tinker

Yes it is, I have 10 fur babies

mainecoon lover
16-06-2010, 06:43 PM
How about that horrid homeless guy with the cat, Michelle , speaking of cats .

Yes, he was horrid and that poor cat. I am still puzzled how he sat so well on the busy sidewalk. Nigel and I still debate if it was real or drugged. Don't forget the lift in Red Lobster. The trip was quite eventful to say the least. The night after there was some official people leaving the hotel, these blacked out cars appeared from no were and 2 police cars and they blocked the road. Then they guy appeared pointing a riffle, this guy was not taking any notice and kept walking. The gun guy pointed at him and ordered him to stop. 3 guys were usured out and they all disappeared.

wishesandpixiedust
16-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Then they guy appeared pointing a riffle, this guy was not taking any notice and kept walking. The gun guy pointed at him and ordered him to stop. 3 guys were usured out and they all disappeared.

OMG where was that ???? love the fur baby in your photo

Tinkerbell
17-06-2010, 07:04 AM

Tinkerbell! :tink::pdust:

I haven't met many people from here, but I feel like I know most of you so well. I would love to meet you all :hug2:

Dawn
17-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I want to meet Nicki Rick's little girl. The one who bit the woman at Gatwick. :thumbsup:

PssstI've met the elusive Tink and Herself and they are wonderful.

Lisa1976
17-06-2010, 07:35 AM
I want to meet Nicki Rick's little girl. The one who bit the woman at Gatwick.

Nicki, are you setting your little girl on the unsupecting folk at Gatwick??

I think we need to arrange a BIG get together for all of us here. We could have a UK one and a Orlando one - would be nice to put a face to all of you that i've spoken to over the years on here and various other places :hug2:

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 07:36 AM
I want to meet Nicki Rick's little girl. The one who bit the woman at Gatwick. :thumbsup:

PssstI've met the elusive Tink and Herself and they are wonderful.

i bet she isnt little anymore, from when we met she must of been 13/4

really youve met tink, id love to meet tink but it wont ever happen sadly :(

Tinkerbell
17-06-2010, 07:38 AM

:devillaugh: Well she was only 2 at the time and the woman pushed in front at the airport and trod on Lizzie's foot, and guess which part of the anatomy is 2 year old height???

She's 9 now :eek3:

Skywatcher
17-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Yeah probably wouldn't be so cute at 9 :lol:

we need to sort some sort of big meet up somewhere for sure :D

mainecoon lover
17-06-2010, 07:59 AM
OMG where was that ???? love the fur baby in your photo

The Intercontinental Barclay hotel.

Thanks.

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 08:07 AM

I think we need to arrange a BIG get together for all of us here. We could have a UK one and a Orlando one - would be nice to put a face to all of you that i've spoken to over the years on here and various other places :hug2:

sounds good to me....thing is where and when?

uscwest
17-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Donna and I feel like we have "known" Tink for years, yet we have never had the opportunity to meet this wonderful person. And Keith, one of these days........

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 01:17 PM
:devillaugh: Well she was only 2 at the time and the woman pushed in front at the airport and trod on Lizzie's foot, and guess which part of the anatomy is 2 year old height???

She's 9 now :eek3:

seems like your not the one i met with teresa a few years back then :unsure:

Britchick
17-06-2010, 05:06 PM
seems like your not the one i met with teresa a few years back then :unsure:

Could we have a cognitive assessment please!!

lozzy
17-06-2010, 06:35 PM
I have never been to met but would love to attend one, It would be great to meet all the lovely people from this great forum.

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Could we have a cognitive assessment please!!

and that means in english please :lol:

catrancher
17-06-2010, 11:10 PM
and that means in english please :lol:

She's wondering if you're dain bramaged, Mick! :taunt:

Tom (:macwave:... who's not even sure about himself!)

tb2830
17-06-2010, 11:11 PM

:donald:

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 11:16 PM

and why would she think that tom :lol:

malcolm
18-06-2010, 06:50 AM
I met a fellow WDSF member a few weeks back, scrawney little fellow, bandy legs, nobbly knees, waddles like a penguine...oh and grey hair...

:point:Wots yer bad points again Mick ???:unsure:

Britchick
18-06-2010, 06:59 AM
I met a fellow WDSF member a few weeks back, scrawney little fellow, bandy legs, nobbly knees, waddles like a penguine...oh and grey hair...

Pmsl! The thought of you two together...........

ukwdwnut
18-06-2010, 11:10 AM

im surprised youve not noticed the smell in the villa by now, we put some rotting fish and other crud in the hollow curtain rails :laugh:

malcolm
18-06-2010, 06:00 PM
im surprised youve not noticed the smell in the villa by now, we put some rotting fish and other crud in the hollow curtain rails :laugh:

:point:There goes a nerve