PDA

View Full Version : do any of you go to the gym?

littleangel
15-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm a bit ashamed, I went to the doctors today and she told me to lose weight well yeah duh and better diet duh again :lol: and then said everyone goes to the gym these days.

I thought no way, who has time? asked around some friends and they all have been or so they say :(

do you all go to the gym then? in the morning or evening and how do you find the time :(

depressed.

arkvilla
15-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I drive past the gym every day - does that count :unsure: :happybounce:

Sandra

Britchick
15-06-2010, 07:46 PM
every couple of years i have an urge to join a gym, go for 2 hours a day for 2 weeks, half kill myself continue paying but not attending for the next 6 months then slink in there and give them notice. :unsure:

foreverducky
15-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't really care for gyms...I have a germ thing, that goes crazy in a gym. Nasty.

But I do own a treadmill. Sold the elliptical to go back to the trusty treadmill. I try to work out in the morning. I finally have it in front of the television. So it's been me and the seasons of Criminal Minds for a while now.

Kate
15-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Nope! Never really have time! I used to go every single morning when i was working as id ordered my wedding dress a size smaller than i actually was! Then dd came along and everything has gone out the window!

littleangel
15-06-2010, 07:52 PM
wonderful I shouldve asked you lot first before I stressed all day :hug2::wiggle:

foreverducky
15-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I think a gym takes a huge commitment and time, but that's just me. I know that I can just crawl out of bed and be on my treadmill in 2 minutes. If I was to go to the gym I would have to change clothes, get in the car, drive the car, get of the car and go into the gym....then I would have to repeat to get home. To me, that's a lot of extra time.

Johnie
15-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Here is the ironic thing......

I actually like to work out....

Yet I don't. If I can't do it first thing in the morning then it isn't going to get done. And I can barely get out of bed and to work on time.

foreverducky
15-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm a morning person too with it. The chance of me doing it as the day goes on dwindles. I'm a morning person. The last I want to do at 6pm is workout.

Johnie
15-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I am not a morning person at all! But, if I want to exercise that is when it has to be done. I have yet to get myself motivated to do it.

Tinker
15-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't go to the gym , but I have stopped drinking soda and been walking every night
( besides rainy days) for the past two months . Went to the doctors today and I am 148 1/2 . I asked what I weighed two months ago and I was 154 . :mental:

Isafari
15-06-2010, 08:37 PM
The only gym I've ever been in was back when I was at school....so, a couple years now :wink:

I do have a cross trainer here at home in the computer room which I hang a sweater on for cold evenings!!! (for me not the machine)

Claire
15-06-2010, 08:38 PM
I joined Fitness First about two and a half years ago. I actually enjoyed going for about a year then found it lonely if that makes sense. I felt I would have liked a gym buddy to chat to whilst using the treadmill or cross trainer. Now I find I enjoy cycling or walking with a friend much better and a lot cheaper!

Tink
15-06-2010, 11:35 PM
We were both members of a gym for a year or so and went regularly each morning, including Saturdays. It was a poorly managed gym though, and not very clean so we ended up withdrawing.

I travel too much to have a membership, but Herself does at a newer, cleaner, better managed gym. She tends to go after work (where we used to go in the early morning).

josh.p.
15-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I HATE gyms :yes: I always feel as though people are watching me and the idea of germs just makes me sick.

I've been wanting to lose weight for a while now so I've gone on a very strict diet for the past week (upto now, I'm still on it) I've become vegan, I started last Monday and I weighed myself this morning and I'd lost 8lbs!

I know this will slow down a lot next week but I was still pretty pleased with that :yes:

Tink
16-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Once you start to get some of the weight off, you'll feel an increase in energy, and then you'll begin to move more. That will help too.

MarkE
16-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I go to the gym quite a bit - usually three times a week. I'm by no means ripped but I'm pretty healthy. The gym we use is attached to a holiday inn, and kept very clean (I think its over staffed, but its subsidised by the hotel, I guess it's part of their attraction).

We never eat badly - half term when Lou was in Belgium was the first time I'd had pizza in forever!!

Once you get in the routine of things, its pretty easy to keep going!

uscwest
16-06-2010, 12:26 PM
We have a gym here in the building where I work. They give us 3 hours/week to work out. I used it 3 times/week until I hurt my knee 2 1/2 years ago and haven't been back since. If the physical therapist ever gets me moving properly again without pain maybe I'll get back to it.

Beccaberry
16-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I actually enjoy the gym...I try to get there each morning before work, as I find that when I do I manage stress better, have more energy and generally just a better attitude. It doesn't always happen, but I do try to make it a habit.

ukwdwnut
16-06-2010, 04:12 PM
never set foot in a gym ever....i cant excercise now anyway apart from walk

Britchick
16-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Jon and I want to do the help for heroes cycle ride in France next year. Need to get practicing Lol

Deafjeff
17-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I am currently member of mifit gym which is a fab gym but it is a wee bit of drive up the mountain and through rush hour traffic sigh....

Got offer from a local gym with a deal of 3.99 per week for full membership so might go down and have a look today if possible......