PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown

gwennie81
16-06-2010, 04:14 AM
I'll say it again, folks. R&C is my fave restaurant at Epcot.

I was there on Friday and walked straight up to the rez desk and asked if they could squeeze in one. The kid handed me a pager and said it would be 5 minutes. I got a Strongbow at the beer kiosk outside and not 3 sips later, my pager went off.

Originally I was told that my table would be inside (which due to the warm weather, I was looking forward to). Instead I was seated outside around back by the water.

Lo and behold, I got the same little waitress girl my parents and I had gotten back in January! Her name's Rebecca, in case any of you go in the next few months. Total sweetie.

Anyway, I got the chicken & mushroom pot pie again. It was a little warm outside for hot food but I hadn't eaten all day, the alcohol was starting to take its toll so, I just dabbed my forehead with my napkin and enjoyed my meal.

A table near me ordered the fruit and cheese appetizer. I was thinking it would be this little dinky plate of 3 grapes and a couple slices of Kraft american but...NO! I think they got 3 different types (generous portions) of cheese to sample and other accoutrements. I'd totally order it if I was just wanting a snack at the bar.

Anyway, R&C ROCKS!!!! You can't convince me otherwise.

Tink
16-06-2010, 07:36 AM
I am SO with you! We've always had good food there, always. We've ordered the cheese plate and it is quite nice!

The servers are usually all very friendly and a touch homesick. We like to talk with them and hear their stories of home.

I used to LOVE their bangers and mash. :sigh: Back in the days of carbs, ya' know? :lol:

There used to be a delicious lemon posset on their dessert menu, but I don't know if it's still there or not.

Your reports always make me SOOOO hungry Gwennie, with or without photos! (Although the photos are always nice too). :D :D

Thank you for your reviews!

Beccaberry
16-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Ahhhhh Rose & Crown.........I do love that place. Though I'm not certain if I've ever eaten a proper meal there!

uscwest
16-06-2010, 12:03 PM
We've done the R&C a few times and have enjoyed it. We did it once for the dinner package for the Candlelight Processional. Our package included both an appetizer and a dessert. I'm not much on sweet desserts so I asked if I could have the cheese platter for my dessert and they were happy to oblige.

Slowhand
16-06-2010, 03:26 PM
We've done the R&C a few times and have enjoyed it. We did it once for the dinner package for the Candlelight Processional.
That`s the only time we`ve dined there too. Must try it again sometime.

Tinkfan
16-06-2010, 05:53 PM
We really like this one too, the severs are so friendly!

Johnie
16-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Ahhhhh Rose & Crown.........I do love that place. Though I'm not certain if I've ever eaten a proper meal there!

:tongue: we did once....I don't think we were so impressed with the food inside. I know I tend to enjoy the pub so much more :yes: