View Full Version : what kind of camera lens for disneyworld?

16-06-2010, 12:46 PM
so I have a small camera but it doesnt zoom in very well. I asked at the shop but they were saying you cant have it both ways so you can see a lot and then zoom in really tight.

So for general disney world photographs what would be a good camera and lens or do I need to buy one of the big cameras and a couple of lenses?

16-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't by a DSLR *just* for a holiday, because you need to learn to use it a little bit before hand, however, if you take pictures regularly (Even just of the family) then I'd get one :yes:

Different lenses aren't cheap but the results are stunning :yes:

What camera do you have at the minute?

16-06-2010, 12:53 PM
hmmm, a very very difficult question, depends on how serious about photography you are, what sort of pics you want and how much you want to spend

up until now I have just wanted atmospheric shots of the kids and a general memory

for those I was more than happy with a good point and click digictal camera witha nice big memory card

zoom sounds great but you have to ask yourself what do you really want it for - you need the subject in context and that usualy means less zoom

16-06-2010, 01:48 PM
you could get a DSLR and use it on auto if your holiday is pretty close, if not then you will have time to practice. you can just get a good canon camera and the newer ones i think have a pretty good kit lens and then get one with a better zoom

it really depends on how much of a budget you have