View Full Version : Breakfasts on the disney dining plan

17-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi all,

I am just wondering how breakfasts work with the dining plan? I am visiting the world as solo traveller who isn't fussy when it comes to food and wonít have to worry about others tastes! Iím not sure which resort I will be staying at yet but I will be visiting each of the 4 parks during my visit.

Can you use a quick service or table service credit for breakfast? Would you recommend having a bigger breakfast and then a snack for lunch or are lunches better value than breakfasts on the plan? Where are good places to eat breakfast either in parks or resorts?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has used the Disney dining plan and what they did for breakfasts.

Many thanks in advance for your responses,

17-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Amy,

I'm not a big breakfast eater so have tended to use my dining credits for lunch/dinner.

Here is the 2010 dining brochure

You can use a TS credit and go to a sit down breakfast. 2TS credits if you want to do Cinderella's Royal Table.

With the CS credit, you get entree, and 2 drinks. I don't think that's a very good use of the credit personally.

17-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Thank you very much for the pdf link Johnie. I hadn't yet stumbled across that - super!

17-06-2010, 07:28 PM
:wave: We do the same. We use our QS credit for lunch and pay out of pocet for breakfast. Where are you staying and when are you going?

17-06-2010, 07:33 PM
I am looking to travel to the world on the 22nd Jan 2011 and stay for 7 nights. Not sure on resort yet - still doing some calculations! I would ideally like to be close to Epcot though as I expect to spend 2 days there during my stay and they have so many dining options.

Where do you eat breakfast when you pay out of pocket? Your resort? I guess this is the most obvious option. Which resorts have good breakfast options?

17-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I think all the CS resort locations typically have the same breakfast offerings.

MK- the Main Street Bakery has a wonderful ham and cheese croissant

18-06-2010, 02:52 AM
We generally do eat breakfast at the resort but once or twice during the trip we may splurge and eat at a different resort like Kona's at the Polynesian for breakfast or do a buffet at the Crystal palace or Chef mickeys at the Contemporary. Wilderness Lodge has a breakfast at WCC as well.

18-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Cape May has a wonderful breakfast buffet. :yes: Many people like Boma for breakfast (another buffet option) too. :yes:

18-06-2010, 03:36 AM
We did the Tusker House breakfast at AK this past trip. It's a character meal and very similar to Boma's breakfast. I enjoyed it a lot.

You can also get the Tonga Toast from Kona down in the counter service place at the Poly.

18-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Ohanas has a TS character breakfast with Lilo, Stitch and Mickey . I love the ham & chesse croissant at the Main St MK bakery . Boardwalk resort bakery is also good .
Amy, Johnie is our resident TA . There is no fee for using her agency . She can help you get the best deal for your money . Once a special is released she can call & apply it to your reservation .