PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4

Deafjeff
17-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi,

Which network are you going for and which tariff?

I'm planning to go with 02 possible 2 years contract at 35 per month with option to add 500mb per month.....

keith
17-06-2010, 09:50 PM
buying it sim free from Apple and using with Work Orange contract :yes:

As an aside, I think all the orange/o2 tariffs are a bit of a rip off at the moment! 24 months and very expensive

Skywatcher
17-06-2010, 10:02 PM
..... Still waiting on handset price. Yes I love the additional features but I love my 3G and the iPad is now a part of me. Not sure I want to sell my soul for 2 years just at the moment for a 4 if it was all about the HD video well I know where you can get a decent camera for 49 quid

Let's face it . The google phones ( and I got to play with one at the weekend) just don't come close to the iPhone.

I never evert thought I. Would be such a convert in a year . Seriously I grew up with Microsoft . Autoexec. Bat and config sys were second nature to me. It was part of who I was. Yet in one year I can't see me buying anotheer product. Truly inspirational. I am genuinely stunned

Want them to start making cameras and telescopes now lol

keith
17-06-2010, 10:03 PM
handset prices are out now mate! at least o2 and orange

Skywatcher
17-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Oooo must go and look weren't out earlier today

keith
17-06-2010, 10:06 PM
O2 | iPhone 4 | Tariffs for iPhone (http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html)

we were all pretty shocked at the pricing in work!

Skywatcher
17-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Ok I'll probably fo for 35 quid a month 16 gb

keith
17-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Ok I'll probably fo for 35 quid a month 16 gb

yep agreed, thats the sane point but the handset should be free IMHO at that level.

Skywatcher
17-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Totally, only justification is I can unlock my 3G for free and Lisa can have it

keith
17-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Totally, only justification is I can unlock my 3G for free and Lisa can have it

plus carpe diem, life truly is too short. It's there, we want it, who knows what the future, including the awful budget next week, will bring. Let's enjoy our gadgets unapologetically :D

Skywatcher
17-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Totally and then when 20 % vat kicks in we will regret not buying sooner

keith
17-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Totally and then when 20 % vat kicks in we will regret not buying sooner

yup!!

Britchick
18-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Jons going to get the 4, his contract is up I august. He's been going on about getting the htc desire for a while but has been seduced by the iPad I think.

I can upgrade in september, do u reckon they'll (o2) be able to do any sort of deal for me to sign up for another 18 months

Skywatcher
18-06-2010, 06:58 AM
I expect all the deals will be better in september once the hysteria has calmed down

Skywatcher
18-06-2010, 01:12 PM
More I think the more I'm going to go for it - but there is , as far as I can see, no way to preorder I have registered my interest with o2 and I am getting daily emails from someone who is trying to be an apple blue shirt

Lisa is now excited about having and iphone as well

the apple virus spreads :evil:

keith
18-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Im getting more excited about it as time goes on :D It's got double the memory of everything else including the ipad (not details steve is keen to tell us) and ios4 is turning out to be a serious upgrade not just visibly but behind the scenes for developers who are all getting excited about it.

It's shaping up to be a great upgrade

Skywatcher
18-06-2010, 01:24 PM
sad as I am , I amvery excited about the folders thing - with all the fancy multitasking , video and imovie THAT is the thing I want.

I like things neat :lol:

keith
18-06-2010, 01:25 PM
sad as I am , I amvery excited about the folders thing - with all the fancy multitasking , video and imovie THAT is the thing I want.

I like things neat :lol:

I cant imagine imovie on the phone but I'm willing to give it a shot :lol:

Guy at work now has EVERYTHING in a folder, his whole phone is so ordered that I feel untidy just looking at it :lol:

josh.p.
18-06-2010, 01:45 PM
They've truly 100% got the phone spot-on now :yes: Hoping the price comes down by September, though. :yes:

MystikPiglit
18-06-2010, 01:45 PM
plus carpe diem, life truly is too short. It's there, we want it, who knows what the future, including the awful budget next week, will bring. Let's enjoy our gadgets unapologetically :D

I'll second that! :applaudit: :D

keith
18-06-2010, 02:19 PM
They've truly 100% got the phone spot-on now :yes: Hoping the price comes down by September, though. :yes:

That's my feeling :yes: the hardware is everything a truly modern phone needs, finally no one can say this/that missing although some are still wanting a keyboard. The software likewise, ios4 seems spot on

josh.p.
18-06-2010, 04:40 PM
That's my feeling :yes: the hardware is everything a truly modern phone needs, finally no one can say this/that missing although some are still wanting a keyboard. The software likewise, ios4 seems spot on
It makes me laugh when 'anti-apple' people say "Oh it's not perfect, it's missing this, it's missing that" yet companies such as Nokia *still* haven't got it right and they have been in the mobile phone business for god knows how long. Apple create their first mobile device, it causes a revolution and within 4 'new' versions they have it perfect :yes:

Skywatcher
18-06-2010, 04:49 PM
ok just spoken to o2 - you will ONLY be able to pick up in store, they expect stocks to be ' very small' and will not be reservable and only avaliable on a first come first served basis

looks like some long waits guys

Britchick
18-06-2010, 05:09 PM
What's the international traveller option on the o2 contract?

Skywatcher
18-06-2010, 05:27 PM
No idea i. Think it means your minutes are included abroad. Surely they wouldn't stop you using it in this day and age

Deafjeff
18-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Jons going to get the 4, his contract is up I august. He's been going on about getting the htc desire for a while but has been seduced by the iPad I think.

I can upgrade in september, do u reckon they'll (o2) be able to do any sort of deal for me to sign up for another 18 months

Not sure if this will be any help....

O2 | iPhone 4 Early Upgrade Offer | Upgrade early to iPhone 4 for existing O2 customers (http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/earlyupgradeoffer.html)

Deafjeff
18-06-2010, 05:33 PM
This might be useful....

O2 | iPhone 4 | Store opening times (http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/storeopeningtimes.html)

I'm going there 6am in the morning and see if I can get the phone then.......

keith
18-06-2010, 06:07 PM
What's the international traveller option on the o2 contract?

It discounts calls and received calls etc when you're abroad. Can add up to a tidy saving but not enough to make you want to actually use it abroad still ;-) (or that was the case when I had o2)

keith
18-06-2010, 06:10 PM
ok just spoken to o2 - you will ONLY be able to pick up in store, they expect stocks to be ' very small' and will not be reservable and only avaliable on a first come first served basis

looks like some long waits guys

Just a note, O2 said exactly the same to me last time and I got to work to find everyone had reserved one at the local o2 shop. I phoned and they said "yeah you can reserve but we've got a long list now, you shouldve called earlier" GRRRRRRRRRRR!

So it's worth phoning or better, visiting, your local o2 shop and fluttering your eyelashes :D and asking them to put one away for you. They can only say no but they might just say yes!