tb2830
17-06-2010, 10:59 PM
cant sleep :thumbsdown:

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 11:03 PM
ive not even tried to yet

keith
17-06-2010, 11:04 PM
too hot to sleep here and too much on my mind :thumbsdown: sucks.

tb2830
17-06-2010, 11:06 PM
too hot to sleep here and too much on my mind :thumbsdown: sucks.

same here my mind wont shut down and truly heartbroken

keith
17-06-2010, 11:07 PM
same here my mind wont shut down and truly heartbroken

:hug2: we're here if you need to chat you know that :yes:

tb2830
17-06-2010, 11:08 PM
:hug2: we're here if you need to chat you know that :yes:

:hug2: thank you

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 11:09 PM
why are you heartbroken trace?

edit: its ok ive just seen the news on your other thread. thinking of you :hug2::hug2:

tb2830
17-06-2010, 11:15 PM
because today i had the call that i didnt ever want to hear

my grandad is dying from cancer

he is in hospital at the moment but there is nothing they can do its too late so he's coming home the macmillian nurses will come each day till he has gone

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 11:19 PM
because today i had the call that i didnt ever want to hear

my grandad is dying from cancer

he is in hospital at the moment but there is nothing they can do its too late so he's coming home the macmillian nurses will come each day till he has gone

i know, i just saw your other thread trace, im so sorry to hear that, thinking of you :hug2::hug2:##

i know what your going thru my dad was the same in 2000, its very hard to comprehend i know

tb2830
17-06-2010, 11:21 PM
27th june will now be a really emotional day as im doing race for life

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 11:30 PM
27th june will now be a really emotional day as im doing race for life

it will be too....glad your going to see him on sunday, as tink said your not going to say goodbye just going to see him and show that you love him and show your support

tb2830
17-06-2010, 11:34 PM
it will be too....glad your going to see him on sunday, as tink said your not going to say goodbye just going to see him and show that you love him and show your support

i havent managed to speak to my mum or nan yet .....the words just wont come out.......thou i will ring tomorrow morning

at the moment im back to being 10 sat in his garden popping the pea's out the pods that he grew

ukwdwnut
17-06-2010, 11:38 PM
i havent managed to speak to my mum or nan yet .....the words just wont come out.......thou i will ring tomorrow morning

at the moment im back to being 10 sat in his garden popping the pea's out the pods that he grew

thats understandable trace, the news has totally knocked you for six, it affects everyone different, and its like youve gone back to the happy times you spent with him. its a very hard time when you first get the news

i used to drive down to the home my dad was in every night in clacton just to sit with him, i just couldnt let him see i was breaking my heart inside

Tink
18-06-2010, 12:54 AM

OMG, Tracy. :hug2: This has struck me harder than you'd ever imagine. My beloved Grandfather grew peas (among other vegetables and flowers) and he used to let me go in the garden and pick the peas and eat them fresh right there.

My Grandfather's birthday was yesterday. Many years gone :cry2: but still in my heart, strong as ever.

I am so very sorry that he has cancer. You know if wishes could change things...

You'll be there for him, and shower him with your love. That's the gift from you to him and he to you now, the everlasting love. :hug2:

If you ever need me, just let me know. :hug2:

Tinker
18-06-2010, 01:50 AM
we are all here for you Tracey . :hug2:

Tinkfan
18-06-2010, 03:02 AM
How old is he Trace, you sound blessed to have him as your grandfather. I lost mine when I was 11 and never knew my other grandfather. he died before i was born. I still have happy memories of my grand-dad. I wish I had the time to know him as an adult. Prayers for your family to get you through the hard days ahead. :hug2:

Johnie
18-06-2010, 05:01 AM
:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:

daveann
18-06-2010, 06:01 AM
:hug2:

tb2830
18-06-2010, 08:35 AM
well ive managed to phone both mum and nan ....

nan said we'll know today how advanced it is and i suppose some sort of time limit

she also said he has asked her to take apple crumble and custard in for him today

now i know where i get my love of cakes and puddings from :yes:

going to the hospital on sunday even if i only nip in for 5 minutes

Tink
18-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Bring him a sweet! :yes: Anything he can manage to eat at this time is good. :yes: Getting the calories in, rather than being concerned where the calories come from is the focus.

You are a beautiful, strong woman Tracy. :hug2: You will walk this road with your Grandfather, and be there with your love for him each step of the way. It's your permanent gift to him, and what a beautiful one it is. Many a Grandfather doesn't have the love of a granddaughter, eh? :hug2:

tb2830
18-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Bring him a sweet! :yes: Anything he can manage to eat at this time is good. :yes: Getting the calories in, rather than being concerned where the calories come from is the focus.

You are a beautiful, strong woman Tracy. :hug2: You will walk this road with your Grandfather, and be there with your love for him each step of the way. It's your permanent gift to him, and what a beautiful one it is. Many a Grandfather doesn't have the love of a granddaughter, eh? :hug2:

thanks tink:hug2:

yeh will take him some mingles he loves mint chocolate...... i can only hope that he doesnt suffer in pain

and hope the pea pod comment didnt upset you too much :hug2:

Tink
18-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh no! It didn't upset me, just struck me strongly. Actually, made me feel a stronger connection to you, if that makes sense?

Palliative care is all about comfort. :hug2:

tb2830
18-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh no! It didn't upset me, just struck me strongly. Actually, made me feel a stronger connection to you, if that makes sense?

Palliative care is all about comfort. :hug2:

yes that makes sense as that is how i felt when i realised you had the same memory :hug2:

uscwest
18-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Tracy, I haven't seen your other thread yet but I am so sorry to hear about your granddad sweetie. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug2::hug2::hug2:

Beccaberry
18-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Just sending you a few more extra :hug2: hun xoxoxo

Grandparents are a special breed, eh? Nothing quite like them.

Johnie
19-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Yes, they are. I wish everyone could have a special relationship with their grandparents. Nothing like it.