View Full Version : Friday thread...

MystikPiglit
18-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Ummm...it is Friday, isn't it? :D

Why does low cloud cover give me a headache? :unsure:

Beccaberry
18-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Barometric pressure?

Honestly I have no idea, I just made that up :)

Hope it feels better soon though :hug2:

Any plans for the weekend?

MystikPiglit
18-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Barometric pressure?

Honestly I have no idea, I just made that up :)

:lol:

We're at home this weekend. I'm hoping DH is going to help me finish rounding up things to sell on Ebay. We've done quite well so far. :thumbsup:

Skywatcher
18-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Cool , we must do that more often

We will be watching the footie tonight then having a chinese if there are any left open after the match :D

Beccaberry
18-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Excellent!! Keep saving up those dollars, right?

We have a busy weekend planned but are hoping to find a bit of time to finish tidying the house...weather here is supposed to be consistently beautiful, so I'm looking forward to a bit of sunshine and a trip to the beach on Sunday!

MystikPiglit
18-06-2010, 02:04 PM
We will be watching the footie tonight then having a chinese if there are any left open after the match :D

Is there an important game on tonight then? :whistle:

.weather here is supposed to be consistently beautiful, so I'm looking forward to a bit of sunshine and a trip to the beach on Sunday!

Lovely. :yes:

Skywatcher
18-06-2010, 02:41 PM
:D

Claire
18-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm doing my usual drive to Bristol Airport tonight followed by another drive to Bristol Airport on Sunday. We will celebrate Fathers Day on Saturday.

MystikPiglit
18-06-2010, 02:57 PM
We will celebrate Fathers Day on Saturday.

Hope you all have a good day. :thumbsup:

mumof2
18-06-2010, 05:19 PM
i have a headache too :unsure:

saw the cops...well just the one, lazy pizza for tea, loads of washing to do, mountains of 'stuff' to find a home for....preferably someone else's.

housework, more housework....oh i'm bored even writing it so maybe not.

fathers day on sunday, don't know what we'll do.

do i sound bored and grumpy?

Britchick
18-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Gardening, stuff round the house, finishing off the layout for the scrapbook page :thumbsup:

ukwdwnut
18-06-2010, 05:29 PM
got to hang a BIGGGGGGG mirror on the lounge chimney breast and thats about it really for me :)

Dawn
18-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Having a rest. Had really manky tonsils and felt rubbish all week. Went home from school on Monday and had Tuesday off but so bored went back in for rest of week. Still feel not right.

Having Sky HD installed tomorrow. Phoned Virgin Media and cancelled everything after the tortuous weekend we had with them last week. :evil:

Car boot sale Sunday to buy more plastic things with bits missing and then hopefully the pick-your-own farm. :thumbsup:

arkvilla
18-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Watching the match tonight and having an Indian takeaway.

No plans for Fathers Day - Arun has a baseball game so depending on the weather, we may go and watch him

Sandra

Deafjeff
18-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Having friends around for Italian night tonight then got my assessor hat on tomorrow at Bristol.

Got first day induction at the local gym on Sunday morning...... (what am I doing?!)

Have fab weekend guys!

daveann
18-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Been at work today :( got weekend with Dave we are going out to dinner tomorrow with his parents :) best of all walking in the new for set with Lucy :)

Deafjeff
18-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Having a rest. Had really manky tonsils and felt rubbish all week. Went home from school on Monday and had Tuesday off but so bored went back in for rest of week. Still feel not right.

Having Sky HD installed tomorrow. Phoned Virgin Media and cancelled everything after the tortuous weekend we had with them last week. :evil:

Car boot sale Sunday to buy more plastic things with bits missing and then hopefully the pick-your-own farm. :thumbsup:

Hope you will feel better soon and you will love Sky HD!

tb2830
18-06-2010, 05:47 PM
well i have work tomorrow the on the evening were at my best friends as its her birthday

sunday im at the hospital

tonight im just going to have a long bath and watch the football

MystikPiglit
18-06-2010, 05:55 PM
do i sound bored and grumpy?

:hug2:

sunday im at the hospital

:comfort:

Dorothy
18-06-2010, 06:17 PM
We have the grandson this weekend and so we'll be going to the park and out for ice cream later :D I have a good book that is just calling to me and I'm sure there will a baseball game of a golf match on TV for Bob to start watching and then miss the end of because he fell asleep :lol:

josh.p.
18-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Taking Niamh to Chester Zoo on Sunday :) Really do need to get a membership for it sometime soon as I am constantly there :rotfl:

It's day 3 of having the eggs... Is it bad that I'm already impatient?

kazzaqld
18-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Pick your own farm sounds fun Dawn - can I come! :yes:

Visiting my Mum in hospital today - she had a hip replacement on Wednesday. Chatted to her on Thursday, they have had her up and walking already!! :unsure:

She sounds really good though, quite her usual self, so that is good!

We hired an industrial bin to fill up with all the renovation rubbish so will be filling that tomorrow - that shouldn't take long - there's lots of rubbish and not much bin!!

And I will tell you the other exciting news in another thread!

Tinkfan
18-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Hockey (what else is new) a retirement dinner(boring) and even worse a reuion for my husband(even more tedious) It's supposed to thunder and lightning tomorrow and a family dinner on Sunday for Father's day. ( i not only sound grumpy, I am grumpy!) On the bright side, recieved a card from an old student, she graduated a week ago and is now a MD!! She will be interning in Vermont, close to our daughter. :yes:

Tink
19-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Wow! Everyone has so much going on!

Our boys are here. I am home. Whew. Good to be here.

Not sure how the weekend will play out. I get to be in a class all next week, and I'm actually looking forward to that.

Have to help organize some of the "stuff" the boys brought with them. House is smaller than we thought. :lol:

Shellyamc
19-06-2010, 03:58 AM
Well there is only 10 minutes left of Friday, but here I am anyway :D

Dh has to work tomorrow until about noon, so that is the down side :thumbsdown: It is pretty much going to be a week day for me until he gets home.

Then at 2 Katie has a birthday party at the zoo ( going to be almost 90 out :unsure: ) for one of her little friends from dance class :thumbsup: I'm happy for her that she is getting into this stage of life. It will be hard, but I'm excited to see her get life started :yes: (geesh I'm always sappy)

Sunday looks like it might rain, so not sure what the plans for Father's day are. Hopefully the weather holds out and we can head up to Lake George for the day.

Tinkfan
19-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Well there is only 10 minutes left of Friday, but here I am anyway :D

Dh has to work tomorrow until about noon, so that is the down side :thumbsdown: It is pretty much going to be a week day for me until he gets home.

Then at 2 Katie has a birthday party at the zoo ( going to be almost 90 out :unsure: ) for one of her little friends from dance class :thumbsup: I'm happy for her that she is getting into this stage of life. It will be hard, but I'm excited to see her get life started :yes: (geesh I'm always sappy)

Sunday looks like it might rain, so not sure what the plans for Father's day are. Hopefully the weather holds out and we can head up to Lake George for the day.

How far are you from Lake George Shelly? We'll be there in Feb. to ski!:yes:

Shellyamc
19-06-2010, 06:10 AM
How far are you from Lake George Shelly? We'll be there in Feb. to ski!:yes:

It takes us about an hour and a half to get there from here. We love it up there and are pretty much up there every time of year :lol:

That is if it stops raining for a day or so :surrender:

Tink
19-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Sure hope the weather cooperates Shellyamc! :yes: Lake George is a beautiful area. Do they still have the steamboat on the lake? We had so much fun on that one year! :yes:

Katie off to a birthday party. :sigh: Utica Zoo, or Syracuse?

I am completely amazed that the Utica Zoo has keep inching along all these years! Talk about a tiny place!

Shellyamc
19-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Sure hope the weather cooperates Shellyamc! :yes: Lake George is a beautiful area. Do they still have the steamboat on the lake? We had so much fun on that one year! :yes:

Katie off to a birthday party. :sigh: Utica Zoo, or Syracuse?

I am completely amazed that the Utica Zoo has keep inching along all these years! Talk about a tiny place!

Yes! They have 3 steamboats still running on the lake. The 2 smaller tour boats are the Minnie-Ha-Ha and the Mohican (which replaced the Ticonderoga) and then they have the Lac du Saint Sacrement which is larger and does the lunch/dinner cruises :yes:

Yes, I know :sorry: My Katie is getting to be a big girl. The party is at the Utica Zoo, but I much prefer the one is Syracuse :yes: Actually now that we have found the Adirondack Animal Land we usually go there. None of us believe that the zoo has stayed open. They do a lot of events during the year now like Brew at the Zoo and a wine tasting event, so I'm sure the helps.

Tink
19-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Is Catskill Game Farm still open?

I think we were on the Minnie-ha-ha.

Shellyamc
19-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Is Catskill Game Farm still open?

I think we were on the Minnie-ha-ha.

Sadly, no, it isn't open anymore :( They just couldn't keep up with all the rules and regulations and still make money. That is one of the places I'm sad that I can never take my kids. We do still have the Fort Rickey game farm which has been around awhile.:yes:

Tink
20-06-2010, 12:42 AM
I remember going there as a kid and seeing all the animals. Looking back on it, it was shabby then!

One of my parents honeymoon stories is about my Mom being in the area where all the deer were allowed to roam free. She was feeding them, and they all started to crowd her. She got scared and held the food over her head thinking that would make them all go away... she's 4'8! Needless to say, she had to be rescued by my Dad! :lol:

Tinkfan
20-06-2010, 03:17 AM
I remember going there as a kid and seeing all the animals. Looking back on it, it was shabby then!

One of my parents honeymoon stories is about my Mom being in the area where all the deer were allowed to roam free. She was feeding them, and they all started to crowd her. She got scared and held the food over her head thinking that would make them all go away... she's 4'8! Needless to say, she had to be rescued by my Dad! :lol:

:ROFL1: !!

Johnie
20-06-2010, 03:41 AM
The weekend is practically over.

Yesterday was my flex so I was gloriously lazy :yes:

Today I had to take my car in for a state inspection. I got a call that it had been rejected due to the nickel size crack that IS NOT IN MY LINE OF VISION. I manage to get a mobile glass place to go out there and fix it and get my inspection. I pick up the car and the crack is still there. Not sure how they "fixed" it and why that made it ok for the inspection :unsure:

Ended up going shopping with my parents and that took way longer than expected. Mom did something to her foot and we just got home from the walk in clinic. She sprained it.

Tomorrow we are having a cookout for dad. Hopefully me and the kiddo will go see Toy Story 3.

Dawn
20-06-2010, 07:23 AM
yesterday we had our new Sky + HD installed. Very impressed. Friendly installer, didn't mind one bit when Willow kept barking at him. :lol: I left him with Adrian to talk geek and took Steven and Willow to my parents. Left them there and took nanny to the garden centre where I found some bargain plants. :thumbsup:

Spent yesterday evening pleading with Steven to stop rewinding the football - seen that tackle enough times now mate. :lol:

Steven is about to make Daddy his Father's Day breakfast then we're off to the boot sale and pick your own farm. :thumbsup:

I still have one massive tonsil though. :sigh:

Shellyamc
20-06-2010, 03:46 PM

Ha!! I laugh because we have the same stories. I don't know who in their right mind would give a little kid an ice cream cone filled with food and put them in a pen filled with hungry deer!! I think I had bad dreams for a long time after a visit there :unsure:

josh.p.
20-06-2010, 06:32 PM
yesterday we had our new Sky + HD installed. Very impressed. Friendly installer, didn't mind one bit when Willow kept barking at him. :lol: I left him with Adrian to talk geek and took Steven and Willow to my parents. Left them there and took nanny to the garden centre where I found some bargain plants. :thumbsup:

Spent yesterday evening pleading with Steven to stop rewinding the football - seen that tackle enough times now mate. :lol:

Steven is about to make Daddy his Father's Day breakfast then we're off to the boot sale and pick your own farm. :thumbsup:

I still have one massive tonsil though. :sigh:
Bargain plants will make your day when you are a tortoise owner :yes: Good news about the Sky HD. Is it worth the money?