PDA

View Full Version : mission space

robertcraig
20-06-2010, 09:23 PM
does anyone else feel sick after been on mission space

lozzy
20-06-2010, 09:31 PM
It all depends which one I go on, if I go on the spinning one then yes I feel very sick but if I go on the non-spinning one then I am o.k

Tink
20-06-2010, 09:31 PM
No, as long as I only go on it once in a row. I did it twice in one day (within hours) and that was not a good idea.

I like the ride though. It's fun, and it's particularly fun with little ones who really believe they are being sent into space.

We took a then six year old relative on it a few years back and he asked with extreme seriousness, "Are we still in Florida?" :D

keith
20-06-2010, 09:32 PM

Im such a chicken I've yet to go on it! isn't there a less wild version or is that no good either?

Skywatcher
21-06-2010, 06:44 AM
I have never ever had the sensation of spinning , lets face it its a flight simulator and the space shuttle isn't shot up spinning. The ONLY sensation I have ever had is the intense feeling of gforce being forced onto my chest area, it is a phenominal experience and I think technically one of the very best rides at epcot for that reason.

Thomas did it when he was 6 and said it was the best thing he'd ever done

The trick is to keep you eyes on the screen at all times

if you do that you will be fine, I find it sad that they have had to turn one whole 1/2 of the attraction into something less than it was designed for, mainly due to hype

Britchick
21-06-2010, 06:49 AM
You'd have to sedate me to get me onto that! Dark, enclosed space :unsure:

Skywatcher
21-06-2010, 06:50 AM
well if it was open and light it wouldn't really represent the inside of a spaceship unless we are talknig Enterprise here :lol:

Deafjeff
21-06-2010, 07:22 AM
I would suggest to go to the green zone ( which is non spinning) and focus on the screen.

The warnings can be quite off putting! I pulled out at the last minute but did went back two Years later going on the non spinning ride.

I loved it so went to the orange zone ride and loved it. It is amazing to feel all the g-force!

If you havent been on this ride go to the non spinning, maybe go on this couple of time to get a better sense of the ride itself.

Skywatcher
21-06-2010, 07:56 AM
See the issue I have is they keep saying 'spinning' but at no point do you feel lik eyou are spinning - that would scare me too :yes:

ukwdwnut
21-06-2010, 09:37 AM
the trick is to keep looking at the screen then you dont get the spinning sensation, they say. i love this ride did it 3 in a row last trip. gonna really miss riding it :(

Skywatcher
21-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Could you do the 'green side' Mick its actually not a bad experience

ukwdwnut
21-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Could you do the 'green side' Mick its actually not a bad experience

dont know what it entails chris tbh

Skywatcher
21-06-2010, 10:27 AM
YOu sit in teh capsule as before and the capsule bobs up and down but there is no spinning and no g force, so the 'ride' ios the same but you are just tilted back and fort - like a mini star tours

ukwdwnut
21-06-2010, 10:30 AM
YOu sit in teh capsule as before and the capsule bobs up and down but there is no spinning and no g force, so the 'ride' ios the same but you are just tilted back and fort - like a mini star tours

hmmmm not sure about that. i think its a strain on the heart they were worried about, i was norty last trip i went o BTM :lol: would have been better if i went on the hulk so much smoother

Skywatcher
21-06-2010, 10:37 AM
iots much less intense than BTM

ukwdwnut
21-06-2010, 11:01 AM
iots much less intense than BTM

i think any ride would be apart from dueling dragons, the mummy & the kraken. they wasnt best pleased when i told them

will see how i am when i take the new drug, see if im feeling any better...but thx for letting me know chris :D

uscwest
21-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Mick,

Not sure exactly what your heart problems are mate, but I have an ICD and I ride the Orange side.

ukwdwnut
21-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Mick,

Not sure exactly what your heart problems are mate, but I have an ICD and I ride the Orange side.

john

i have a serious lung condition that puts a strain on my heart, the right side was twice its size at one stage because it couldnt pump the blood thru the vessels at the normal speed