PDA

View Full Version : favourite park rides

robertcraig
24-06-2010, 09:10 AM
what are your favourite park rides mine are tower of terror test track and at universal was back to the future:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Skywatcher
24-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Splash mountain - for many many reasons, to me its the complete ride

Expedition Everest - silky smooth and beautifully themed from the queue to the exit, a real 'experience'

Toy Story Mania - cracking fun

Soarin - nothing beats that music and the flight over the waves - will be better when they clean the rubbish off the projectors

Mission Space - as close as it gets to my absolute dream

and

The TTA - simple yet so many truely happy family memoriesjust pootling about on the blue train having a relax

tb2830
24-06-2010, 10:06 AM
one fish two fish at universal islands of adventure

kalli river rapids (infact any water rides)

cinderellas carousel

hulk

Crazycatlady
24-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Tower of terror:eek:
Splash mountain
Soarin

If we could list rides we don't like it would have to be Primeivel whirl:shocked:

Claire
24-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Big Thunder Mountain
It's A Small World
Soarin'

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 11:19 AM
all of the coasters

not done soarin, expedition everest, and never will be able to :(

Claire
24-06-2010, 11:28 AM
all of the coasters

not done soarin, expedition everest, and never will be able to :(

Are you going to Florida this year Nut?

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Are you going to Florida this year Nut?

no sadly claire, hopefully next year, thats the plan anyway. any reason why you ask? :)

Claire
24-06-2010, 11:51 AM
no sadly claire, hopefully next year, thats the plan anyway. any reason why you ask? :)

Although you may not be able to do all the rides, at least you're going. :thumbsup:

Tinkfan
24-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, the safari at AK,TTA, and the Haunted Mansion!!

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Although you may not be able to do all the rides, at least you're going. :thumbsup:

oh yeah, thank god for that, i couldnt do them in 08 although i snuck on BTM would have been better going on the hulk really :lol:

for the first time i really took notice of a lot of what was there instead of looking which ride to go on next, took nigh on 2000 pix and people watched, which was lots of fun :D

Skywatcher
24-06-2010, 12:59 PM
cannot see any reason why you couldn't do soarin Mick at all - there is virtually no movement it is safer than the plane flight over or the bus ride to the park - seriously

tb2830
24-06-2010, 01:01 PM
well just as nice as doing the coasters is lying on a sunbed all day drinking cocktails

so theres a option

Rosie0610
24-06-2010, 01:11 PM
TOT-hands down!!

Skywatcher
24-06-2010, 01:55 PM
nah hands up on TOT - everytime :D

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 02:08 PM
cannot see any reason why you couldn't do soarin Mick at all - there is virtually no movement it is safer than the plane flight over or the bus ride to the park - seriously

thats the trouble chris with rides that were not there when i was well bu were when i was not, i cant tell which would be ok, i'll watch a video on youtube and see

i really dont know why they have said i cant ride them maybe strain on the heart so i dont have an HA or just the fact that they are covering themselves

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 02:10 PM
well just as nice as doing the coasters is lying on a sunbed all day drinking cocktails

so theres a option

tbh trace i really enjoyed the last trip without doing the rides, apart from BTM

i love the WP' so we go there a lot like you do....oh and cocktails are out i havent had any alcohol in nearly 5 yrs, not allowed :( :lol:

Skywatcher
24-06-2010, 02:10 PM
no strain on the heart at all with soarin - a 90 year old could do it it is not in any way a thrill ride, I promise faithfully it will be fine , and yuo will love it - if anything it lowers the blood pressure not raising it

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 02:12 PM
no strain on the heart at all with soarin - a 90 year old could do it it is not in any way a thrill ride, I promise faithfully it will be fine , and yuo will love it - if anything it lowers the blood pressure not raising it

cool!!! thanks a lot for that chris i will ride it next time i go then :D

Tinkfan
24-06-2010, 02:13 PM

I was thinking the same thing!! If you go on BTM!! :yes:

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing!! If you go on BTM!! :yes:

im not allowed to ride it trish i just did for the hell of it, i know i shouldnt have tho, forgot how much it threw you about :lol:

before i was diagnosed and feeling at my worst we went to alton towers with dizneyblonde, thorpe park with her and lisaw and i rode everything little did i know i could have killed myself :(

Tinkfan
24-06-2010, 02:26 PM
:hug2: I can't do the coasters either( not that I would, I'm chicken ****!) But I can do Soarin, it's gentle but the motion makes me close my eyes!(simulated motion) i did Splash in April fot the first time because my son kept begging me!!:yes: :surrender:

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 02:30 PM
:hug2: I can't do the coasters either( not that I would, I'm chicken ****!) But I can do Soarin, it's gentle but the motion makes me close my eyes!(simulated motion) i did Splash in April fot the first time because my son kept begging me!!:yes: :surrender:

:lol: have you ever rode the coasters?

Tinkfan
24-06-2010, 02:50 PM
:anxious: I did them when I was dating my husband! He's a coaster junkie and i wanted to impress him with my nerves of steel LOL! Little did he know I was terrified! When I had my first heart attack in 2002 they said no more.

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 02:59 PM
oh ok, well thats different to being a chicken. sorry to hear that trish :hug2:

Tinkfan
24-06-2010, 03:36 PM
:wave: It's ok Mick, I just feel lucky to have survived a stroke ,2 heart attacks, and a bad car accident. I get to be there with the ones I love and who love me back. :yes: I have to go to the Doctors today, wish me luck.

Isafari
24-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Kilimanjaro Safari
Haunted Mansion
Toy Story

in that order :)

ukwdwnut
24-06-2010, 05:33 PM
:wave: It's ok Mick, I just feel lucky to have survived a stroke ,2 heart attacks, and a bad car accident. I get to be there with the ones I love and who love me back. :yes: I have to go to the Doctors today, wish me luck.

jeez you have been thru the wringer hun

hope all went well at the doctors :hug2:

Kate
24-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Kraken
Sheikra
Hulk
Montu
Kumba
The Simpsons
Tower of Terror

:D

phantombailey
24-06-2010, 08:27 PM
In no particular order: Haunted Mansion, all of the Mountains, Tower of Terror, and Toy Story Midway Mania.

Tinkfan
25-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, the safari at AK,TTA, and the Haunted Mansion!!

:slap: I can't believe I left out Buzz and ToyStory mania!!!!! Ty would kill me.:yes:

josh.p.
25-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Splash mountain is one of my favourites, as is the Haunted mansion :yes:

I also love tower of terror and Rock 'n' roller coaster :yes:

Tower of terror has special memories for me as it's the first Disney ride I went on.

In universal/islands of adventure my favourites are Spiderman and Pluto's bilge rat barges :yes: As much as I love the hulk ride because it's a thrill ride, it's hard to theme it, and the theming is, for me, what makes American theme parks so great in comparison to English ones :yes:

ukwdwnut
25-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Splash mountain is one of my favourites, as is the Haunted mansion :yes:

I also love tower of terror and Rock 'n' roller coaster :yes:

Tower of terror has special memories for me as it's the first Disney ride I went on.

In universal/islands of adventure my favourites are Spiderman and Pluto's bilge rat barges :yes: As much as I love the hulk ride because it's a thrill ride, it's hard to theme it, and the theming is, for me, what makes American theme parks so great in comparison to English ones :yes:

that might even be Bluto's bilge rat barges from popeye :wink:

love the spiderman ride same with ToT & RnR :)

josh.p.
25-06-2010, 08:26 AM
that might even be Bluto's bilge rat barges from popeye :wink:

love the spiderman ride same with ToT & RnR :)
Woops! Must have been thinking of Mickey Mouse's dog. :rotfl:

ukwdwnut
25-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Woops! Must have been thinking of Mickey Mouse's dog. :rotfl:

:lol: funny seeing as its at IOA and not disney :lol:

good ride no matter what its called.

oh another ride ive not done is atlantis at sea world. whats that like, anyone rode it?

josh.p.
25-06-2010, 08:55 AM
:lol: funny seeing as its at IOA and not disney :lol:

good ride no matter what its called.

oh another ride ive not done is atlantis at sea world. whats that like, anyone rode it?
I love Atlantis :yes: It's fantastic.

Another ride that not many people have done/like is 'Poseidon's fury' in IOA. I think it's fantastic and the special effects are just something else :yes:

ukwdwnut
25-06-2010, 09:16 AM
I love Atlantis :yes: It's fantastic.

Another ride that not many people have done/like is 'Poseidon's fury' in IOA. I think it's fantastic and the special effects are just something else :yes:

cool :)

wonder if it would be ok for me to ride :unsure:

dr chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis where are you?????????

josh.p.
25-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Atlantis has some drops in it. Not as bad as Ripsaw falls or splash mountain.

Posiedon's fury is a walk-through type thing so should be fine :yes:

Tinkfan
25-06-2010, 12:54 PM
A walk through? We'll be ther to see Harry in November and I was wondering if there was anything I could ride there?

ukwdwnut
25-06-2010, 01:10 PM
A walk through? We'll be ther to see Harry in November and I was wondering if there was anything I could ride there?

skywatcher says soarin is ok for me so maybe you too trish :D

Kate
25-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Atlantis is 1 big drop (id say like jurassic park if youve done that) and then it goes a bit fast at the end on a coaster track.

The first time we did Posiden we liked it, didnt rate it at all last time though, they took out our favourite bit which was disappointing. Id still say do it though!