PDA

View Full Version : ideas for my friend

mumof2
27-06-2010, 09:51 AM
okey dokey, have a friend going in 4 weeks time, 2 adults with 15yr old and 12 yr old girls who aren't fussed about doing the Disney parks.

They are in the area for one week between stays elsewhere, they don't want to be rushing around and have no idea what parks or other places they want to visit apart from Seaworld......any ideas?

i'm thinking

Typhoon Lagoon for a relaxing first day

Seaworld

Shopping day folloowed by mini golf or something

Universal (Studios or IoA) - I'd go for the Studios

Aquatica or Wet 'n' Wild

Shopping Day followed by Downtown Disney maybe with dinner at Planet Hollywood

Not sure if they're there for the full 7 days or not, will check that out!

Any suggestions?

Tink
27-06-2010, 11:11 AM
So they don't want to do a Disney park?

How about suggesting they visit the Boardwalk for a couple of hours one evening? They could plan to eat there (ESPN isn't too crazy priced, or they could try out Beaches and Cream) and watch a bit of the fireworks from Illuminations. Give them a feel for what Disney can be like?

I'm not a huge Universal fan so can't help you much there. Do enjoy Sea World every couple of years so that's a nice idea.

foreverducky
27-06-2010, 11:37 AM
No disney parks? :unsure: What's wrong with them? :D

josh.p.
27-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Harry potter :yes:

mumof2
27-06-2010, 11:48 AM
yes they want to do the harry potter ride, i said they might not be able to....they are very tall! even the girls are, the eldest is 5ft 8" and the youngest 5ft 5"....taller than me!

Kate
27-06-2010, 11:56 AM
They would need to go to IOA for that one Mairead, so might have to suggest a day there instead of US.
It might be better for them to get a flexticket each if those are the parks they will do (i know its just a suggestion though!), and do wet n wild or aquatica rather than a disney water park?

mumof2
27-06-2010, 12:00 PM
oh ok thanks kate, i don't think they mind which water park so that would be good :thumbsup:

Tinkfan
27-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Busch Gardens? What do they like to do Mairead? Are they couch potatoes or athletic?

mumof2
27-06-2010, 01:37 PM
no well they're going to see his sister, then orlando, then the gulf coast but may have to change sides because of the oil.....is it worth them going over there? just want a fairly relaxing time i think.

oh i just remembered they might do a 3 day cruise to the bahamas as well.

Kate
27-06-2010, 01:53 PM
If they do choose to do BG then thats on the flexticket aswell :yes: Theres also another ticket which ive bought for our trip which is called the combo ticket, its the same as the flex ticket its just cheaper!

I like BG, lots of animals and lots of coasters there - just depends on what they like to do!

Tink
28-06-2010, 10:51 AM
no well they're going to see his sister, then orlando, then the gulf coast but may have to change sides because of the oil.....is it worth them going over there? just want a fairly relaxing time i think.

oh i just remembered they might do a 3 day cruise to the bahamas as well.

The oil is insidious and is creeping further south along the gulf coastline. :(

It's made it to Panama Beach now, and still moving. The bad weather of the coast of the Honduras is expected to worsen the situation with the oil in the gulf.

The cleanup will have to stop, and the change in current will carry the oil g-d knows where. :(