PDA

View Full Version : mt dora

robertcraig
28-06-2010, 11:05 PM
a trip to mt dora is a nice day out especialy if you are interested in crafts and antiques

keith
28-06-2010, 11:11 PM
a trip to mt dora is a nice day out especialy if you are interested in crafts and antiques

ooo I think we have info on that on our main website :/ but is there enough there for a full day? how far from disney is it?

Tink
28-06-2010, 11:13 PM
You know? We used to send everyone to Mt. Dora, but the last time we sent friends they came back quite disappointed. It seems the economy has taken it's toll on the little town and many places were closed. :(

Haven't been ourselves in some time so can't really speak to it, but no reason for them to say otherwise, eh? :sigh:

robertcraig
28-06-2010, 11:26 PM
sorry to hear that it is not so good about 3 years since i was there it was a lovely small town

keith
28-06-2010, 11:34 PM
This is the one thing I think is missing for me in Florida. After all these years of going, I'm still yet to experience a nice little town or "normal non-tourist" florida. know what I mean?

Really would love to go somewhere a bit more genuine

robertcraig
28-06-2010, 11:42 PM
i think it is very diffcult to find a place that is non touristy

ukwdwnut
28-06-2010, 11:47 PM
This is the one thing I think is missing for me in Florida. After all these years of going, I'm still yet to experience a nice little town or "normal non-tourist" florida. know what I mean?

Really would love to go somewhere a bit more genuine

you really need to hire a car for a few days and go see some sights, beaches etc

never been to mount dora have heard its noce to go visit tho.

i also want to go visit celebration too :D

keith
28-06-2010, 11:50 PM
i think it is very diffcult to find a place that is non touristy

yeah :/ mind you I did go to a camera shop in what felt like a fairly nontouristy dodgy place :lol:

Celebration is nice but it's very much an onstage touristy place :)

robertcraig
28-06-2010, 11:53 PM
celebration is worth a visit

ukwdwnut
29-06-2010, 12:04 AM
celebration is worth a visit

i hear that in winter they spray snow out of the lamposts which is pretty cool :D

robertcraig
29-06-2010, 12:11 AM
last year i went to dunedin it was ok alsoheard tarpon springs is worth a visit

ukwdwnut
29-06-2010, 12:18 AM
last year i went to dunedin it was ok alsoheard tarpon springs is worth a visit

ive heard that about tarpon springs too. hopefully next year will go visit friends down in cape coral, they designed there own villa and had an infinity pool installed it looks totally awesome, best villa ive ever seen :D

Tink
29-06-2010, 03:16 AM
You want Florida? REAL Florida? Arcadia. :yes: It doesn't get any more real (and not a tourist in sight) than that!

It's a small town (can't really call it a village) and boy is it old school Florida. Can't imagine getting there without your own car though.

Tarpon Springs is nice, heavy Greek influence, but it's still touristy...

Johnie
29-06-2010, 03:25 AM
I can't say that I get around Florida much but I have visited St. Augustine. Absolutely beautiful. I know it can be touristy but there really aren't many places that aren't.

arkvilla
29-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Mount Dora is nice. We visited last August on a Sunday. had lunch in a nice cafe and lots of Harley cycles came and parked up and had a brief meeting and then went off again.

We love Celebration. It's a bit twee but in a nice way.

I've heard St Augustine is beautiful and I believe it's the oldest town in Florida? Our villa is a St Augutine model :yes:

Sandra

robertcraig
29-06-2010, 07:57 AM
st augustine is definately worth a visit some florida history

ukwdwnut
29-06-2010, 08:09 AM
doesnt st augustine have a fort, where the spanish first settled in florida? it was on a house in florida series and looked really nice. when we are doing the visiting thing away from the orlando area, which we dont do much at the moment will defo go to st augustine

Slowhand
29-06-2010, 10:04 AM
i hear that in winter they spray snow out of the lamposts which is pretty cool :D
They also blow out paper leaves in Market Street during the Fall Mick.

Like others have said, we used to love visiting Mt. Dora, taking in dinner at a lovely lakeside restaurant called Pisces Rising.
We returned a couple of years ago and we were really saddened at how the economy has taken its toll on many of the local businesses.

ukwdwnut
29-06-2010, 10:32 AM
They also blow out paper leaves in Market Street during the Fall Mick.

Like others have said, we used to love visiting Mt. Dora, taking in dinner at a lovely lakeside restaurant called Pisces Rising.
We returned a couple of years ago and we were really saddened at how the economy has taken its toll on many of the local businesses.

how cool is that....what a shame about the local business

Tinkfan
29-06-2010, 12:32 PM
doesnt st augustine have a fort, where the spanish first settled in florida? it was on a house in florida series and looked really nice. when we are doing the visiting thing away from the orlando area, which we dont do much at the moment will defo go to st augustine

If you haven't been go, it's a lovely spot, one of our favorite places to visit as a matter of fact.There's another fort on the Tampa side, Arrgh, brain freeze, can't think of the name, beautiful beach and I think it's a state park. Tink?

ukwdwnut
29-06-2010, 01:05 PM
If you haven't been go, it's a lovely spot, one of our favorite places to visit as a matter of fact.There's another fort on the Tampa side, Arrgh, brain freeze, can't think of the name, beautiful beach and I think it's a state park. Tink?

ive wanted to go for a while but when kids are with us the disney parks dictate trish lol. i still dont know who is going on thhis next trip, just the two of us or another family :( all i want to do is book it lol