PDA

View Full Version : do you like coffee? and how much do you drink

chipndale
29-06-2010, 01:53 PM
I've just had a strange conversation, we were talking about coffee and how we seem to drink about 20 cups a day in the office yet a couple of us said we dont really like it, it's just hot and wet and something to do :lol:

So do you really like or dislike coffee? how much do you drink in a day

we've just decided to try tea and Ive realised I dont like that either really :point:

Slowhand
29-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I think that one of the worst decisions we made at work was to install a [free] drinks vending machine for our staff.
When we all had to boil a kettle and make a drink ourselves it seemed like quite a chore, but when we only had to press a couple of buttons on the machine, everyones daily caffeine intake went through the roof! :lol:

keith
29-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Interesting question :yes:

I'm a tea drinker for sure and I don't really like or appreciate coffee EXCEPT after a very nice meal :D when I sometimes fancy the taste but only a really good coffee (by my standards which probably aren't high given I've admitted I dont drink it much :lol: )

Victoria and Albert in the grand floridian use this amazing coffee machine and I love the taste there.

They do make coffee in the office but I generally don't have any.

I did though work in the citizens advice bureau for awhile and the coffee they went through there needed to be seen to be believed!!

Beccaberry
29-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I actually really *do* love coffee. Unlike most, it has a very calming effect on me. Especially at work. When I'm stressed or busy, it's the first thing I reach for. I love to have a cup after the kids are down for the night and I'm going over emails or such in the evening...

Love flavored coffee's as well...raspberry, blueberry, hazelnut, the like...

I was laughing this morning because I was standing in the Dunkin' Donuts line (popular coffee/donut place in the USA) and the man in front of me ordered a medium coffee, light (meaning w/ cream) with EIGHT Splenda. EIGHT!!! :shocked: I said to Jon, "Wow...perhaps he should just accept the fact that he REALLY just doesn't like coffee." Jon said, "Yeah, or maybe he just really DOES like Splenda."

tb2830
29-06-2010, 02:02 PM
i dont like coffe but absolutely love tea i must drink between 15-20 cups a day

Isafari
29-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Don't ever drink tea or coffee

arkvilla
29-06-2010, 02:14 PM
I like both tea and coffe but drink much more tea than coffee.

I have only 1 cup of coffee a week and I only like proper coffee not instant ( alhhough the new Starbucks Via is very good)

I tend to have coffee when we're out rather than at home.

Sandra

keith
29-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Actually the relaxing coffee bit is interesting because when I drink coffee it makes me really sleepy :/ I'm sure that shouldn't happen should it??

Beccaberry
29-06-2010, 02:17 PM
HAHAHA!! I wouldn't think so, but it does the same to me!

When I'm stressed or irritable, it's typically the first thing I reach for! I ADORE iced coffee as well...

Slowhand
29-06-2010, 02:18 PM
This thread has got me a bit worried now.
Some friends from LA will be staying at our house for a couple of days before we all head off for our upcoming cruise.
Any coffee we drink at home tends to be of the instant variety which I assume is not as popular in the States.
Anyone know how to do an audio impression of a percolator for when they are out of vision and we are making them a drink? :lol:

Beccaberry
29-06-2010, 02:21 PM
LMAO!!! INSTANT COFFEE!!??!?!?!?!!? HEATHEN!!!!!!

:wink:

Unless it's Starbucks Via....now THAT is delicious (also good for baking!)

mumof2
29-06-2010, 02:23 PM
oooh interesting...

i was always a tea drinker then changed to coffee as it was quicker to make in the morning when babies came along!!

i have 2 coffees in the morning and that's usually it unless i'm visiting someone. i'll sometimes have tea if i feel like something more refreshing.

Beccaberry
29-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Do you do instant coffee Mum, or brewed?

Slowhand
29-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Unless it's Starbucks Via....now THAT is delicious (also good for baking!)
By the time I were to dash out to our nearest Starbucks and brought it home it would be stone cold....definitely not an option! :lol:

mumof2
29-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Do you do instant coffee Mum, or brewed?

instant usually, Nescafe or Douwe Egberts.

Beccaberry
29-06-2010, 02:27 PM
No, no...it's not brewed there...they come in little sleeves...just mix with hot water...actually passable for instant coffee...and you can carry it anywhere...

http://arunrafi.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/starvia.jpg

Slowhand
29-06-2010, 02:31 PM
No, no...it's not brewed there...they come in little sleeves...just mix with hot water...actually passable for instant coffee...and you can carry it anywhere...

Thanks Becca...it`s a lot easier to open a bottle of wine instead though! :lol:

arkvilla
29-06-2010, 02:32 PM
They just started selling in the UK too, 1.95 for 3 sachets

Sandra

Beccaberry
29-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks Becca...it`s a lot easier to open a bottle of wine instead though! :lol:

Yeah....as if *I'M* gonna argue with THAT!!!! HAHAHAHA!!

Or...you could always just add a little Bailey's or Sambuca to that instant coffee of yours and they won't care WHAT'S in their cuppa!

Isafari
29-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Sandra -just so you know, mine's a very cold diet coke! :lol: :exit:

Slowhand
29-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Or...you could always just add a little Bailey's or Sambuca to that instant coffee of yours and they won't care WHAT'S in their cuppa!
That`s oh so very true. :laugh:

ukwdwnut
29-06-2010, 02:46 PM
i dont mind coffee now and then but if i drink too much it leave a nasty smelly type of taste in my mouth

i used to drink tea until it came out of my ears, but having a beauty therapist in the house that has studied about how bad they both are for you i drink a lot of squash now, so lots of water to get rid of all the toxins in my body seeing as i need as much help with my condition as i can get. my fave drink is ice cold milk tho, wish i had a cow in the garden :lol:

arkvilla
29-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Never liked milk Mick but a nice cold glass of champagne goes down well http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/drink/t0379.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-drink.php?page=2)

Sandra

ukwdwnut
29-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Never liked milk Mick but a nice cold glass of champagne goes down well http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/drink/t0379.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-drink.php?page=2)

Sandra

jeex i could dring atleast 4 pints a day, we get thru so much of it :lol:

oh your a champers woman are ya....why do you post things like that you know i cant drink alcohol :wink: :lol:

arkvilla
29-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Sorry Mick :sorry: must be hard in social situations but your health must come first :yes:

Sandra

ukwdwnut
29-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry Mick :sorry: must be hard in social situations but your health must come first :yes:

Sandra

thats ok sandra was only kidding...im used to it now. i just drink anything wet now lol

robertcraig
29-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I love coffee epecialy the aroma of freshly ground

josh.p.
29-06-2010, 08:45 PM
I used to before I was a vegan but now I don't like it with soy milk :shrug: I can't stand instant coffee though. Cold drink wise, I do drink a lot of diet coke :sigh:

I actually have a borderline phobia of milk :unsure: I don't mind it in things, or even on cereal, but if someone drinks a glass of milk in front of me I feel like I'm going to be physically sick, I can't stand it, it makes my skin crawl :yes:

Tinkfan
29-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I actually really *do* love coffee. Unlike most, it has a very calming effect on me. Especially at work. When I'm stressed or busy, it's the first thing I reach for. I love to have a cup after the kids are down for the night and I'm going over emails or such in the evening...

Love flavored coffee's as well...raspberry, blueberry, hazelnut, the like...

I was laughing this morning because I was standing in the Dunkin' Donuts line (popular coffee/donut place in the USA) and the man in front of me ordered a medium coffee, light (meaning w/ cream) with EIGHT Splenda. EIGHT!!! :shocked: I said to Jon, "Wow...perhaps he should just accept the fact that he REALLY just doesn't like coffee." Jon said, "Yeah, or maybe he just really DOES like Splenda."

:ill: i love coffee too, ( though with 1-2 Splenda not 8!) have you tried Green Mountains Perfectly Peach? Yummy!

Tinkfan
29-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Why is instant coffee so popular in the UK? It's terrible stuff, no wonder you all drink tea instead!! :yes:Instant is almost sacrilegious!!! :yes:

Britchick
30-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Instant over here is of a much higher standard if you buy the premium brands. I try to limit myself or I get all jittery lol

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 08:26 AM
I used to before I was a vegan but now I don't like it with soy milk :shrug: I can't stand instant coffee though. Cold drink wise, I do drink a lot of diet coke :sigh:

I actually have a borderline phobia of milk :unsure: I don't mind it in things, or even on cereal, but if someone drinks a glass of milk in front of me I feel like I'm going to be physically sick, I can't stand it, it makes my skin crawl :yes:

coke or pepsi are one of the worst drinks you can have diet or otherwise...just love a glass or two of milk best cold drink ever for me

josh.p.
30-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Even diet coke is full of rubbish :sigh: Milk is a no-go for me as I don't do dairy or anything that comes from an animal.

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Even diet coke is full of rubbish :sigh: Milk is a no-go for me as I don't do dairy or anything that comes from an animal.

yep loads of it, dont get me wrong i do like diet coke but i wont drink much of it, i wont buy it regular just every now and then.

lauren went veggie a few years back, she was so ill, she had to go back to eating meat, when she first went back even a burger made her sick

MarkE
30-06-2010, 08:34 AM
How long have you been a vegan for josh, and what made you change?

josh.p.
30-06-2010, 08:36 AM
How long have you been a vegan for josh, and what made you change?
I was a veggie for 3 years but this summer decided to go vegan for the health benefits as well as environmental reasons :yes:

josh.p.
30-06-2010, 08:40 AM
yep loads of it, dont get me wrong i do like diet coke but i wont drink much of it, i wont buy it regular just every now and then.

lauren went veggie a few years back, she was so ill, she had to go back to eating meat, when she first went back even a burger made her sick

What did she do wrong? I've not eaten meat in 3 years and Ive suffered no side effects from it. It's all about eating balanced, nutritiously dense foods :yes:

Just remembered my face hot drink!! Green tea :yes: It's lovely.

MarkE
30-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I completeley understand the enviromental / ethics side, but I've never quite understood the health beneifits - especially afterwatching shows like the biggest loser, which seem to insist that protein and calcium from meat and milk are the biggest helpers when trying to lose weight / be healthy - although I suppose it does cut out a lot of bad stuff like chocolate!! Do you take any supplements to boost your system, or have you just adjusted to it now?

josh.p.
30-06-2010, 08:55 AM
The alternatives to meat and milk are full of protein with little to none fat content :yes: the amount of nutritional veg I eat is phenomenal and it shows in my skin now :yes: I don't take any supplements but it does take careful dietary management. :yes:

I've been vegan for 3 weeks and I've lost 1 stone 3lbs (vie been doing cardio vascular excercises too) a lot of that is proper water but when you compare that to my sister who is doing t he same exercise routine except she is non-vegan and has lost 5lbs in the same time period, it does make me wonder who decided meat and milk where important for weight loss.

MarkE
30-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Thats great dude, well done!! I may have to try that as I want to lose a stone before New York. Something tells me that cutting down on the flapjacks, sweets, cake and Old Speckled Hen would help more though!!

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 09:08 AM
What did she do wrong? I've not eaten meat in 3 years and Ive suffered no side effects from it. It's all about eating balanced, nutritiously dense foods :yes:

Just remembered my face hot drink!! Green tea :yes: It's lovely.

i just dont think she was eating well, not sure she really thought it through and found out all the food beforehand she could eat. she tried it, didnt work for her but shes fine now :)

josh.p.
30-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Some people find it harder than others but good on her for trying :yes:

josh.p.
30-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Thats great dude, well done!! I may have to try that as I want to lose a stone before New York. Something tells me that cutting down on the flapjacks, sweets, cake and Old Speckled Hen would help more though!!

Sweets, cakes and possibly that beer will all be gone if your vegan :yes: that is probably where my weight loss has come from :rotfl:

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Some people find it harder than others but good on her for trying :yes:

she doesnt eat that much meat still but does dairy

catrancher
30-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Coffee... coffee... I must have coffee!

Preferably Dunkin' Donuts! 100% Arabica. :yes:

I'll take a gallon right now please!

Hey Beccca, do you take yours "regular"? :laugh:

Tom (:macwave:... America runs on Dunkin')

Tink
30-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Coffee...

I used to be a tea only person. Then I was hospitalized for some time, and ordered tea with my food for each meal. EVERY TIME they'd bring black coffee and a tea bag. :sigh:

So, I got used to it with tons of milk and sugar...

Now, I've learned to drink it black, but it must be very smooth, very hot and not bitter at all. I don't like flavored coffees.

I love Dunkin Donuts, but only in the northeast is it consistently good. I don't like Starbucks at all.

My Aunt used to drink her coffee with 12 teaspoons of sugar! She didn't stir though and it left a whole bunch of undissolved sugar in the bottom of her cup. Odd, isn't it?

I still prefer tea believe it or not, but that's something I only have at home. Asking for a decent cup of tea here is useless. :sigh:

Instant coffee? NOPE!!! :nono: I do keep a tiny jar of expresso granules for a particular recipe I have, but drinking it? Nuh uh.

Slowhand, skip the coffee and offer Mimosas or the like for breakfast! :D

robertcraig
30-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I quite like the american instant usualy bring back 2 jars

Tink
30-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Any brand, or is there a particular brand you like Robertcraig?

robertcraig
30-06-2010, 12:24 PM
usualy bring folgers

Tink
30-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Ah. Yes. Folgers is a very popular brand of coffee here. :yes:

robertcraig
30-06-2010, 12:33 PM
also enjoy a cool glass of chocolate milk

Tinkfan
30-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Instant over here is of a much higher standard if you buy the premium brands. I try to limit myself or I get all jittery lol

Thank goodness, our instant is terrible( think Disney coffee) Yech!!! What brand of tea is popular there? Our food store carries a section with food and tea from the UK, my DH is addicted to the chocolate covered biscuits and he doesn't even like chocolate! They even sell a canned sponge!!

josh.p.
30-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Tetleys tea is popular, and PG tips too :yes:

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Tetleys tea is popular, and PG tips too :yes:

i quite like asda home brand cant drink it strong, more on the milky side

Beccaberry
30-06-2010, 01:49 PM
:ill: i love coffee too, ( though with 1-2 Splenda not 8!) have you tried Green Mountains Perfectly Peach? Yummy!

LOOOOOOVE Green Mountain ANYTHING!!! Though I've not tried the Perfectly PEACH!!! OMG, that sounds delicious...I'll have to give it a try! We're off to Vermont in a few weeks and we always pop into the store :)

foreverducky
30-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I can't stand the smell or taste of coffee. The smell can make me feel ill.

I love tea, but only cold, ice tea. With lots of the fake sugar.

I gave up diet coke a while back and now drink flavored sparkling water all the time. I thought I would save money due to quitting the coke habit, but it's all going to the water now.

Beccaberry
30-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Coffee... coffee... I must have coffee!

Preferably Dunkin' Donuts! 100% Arabica. :yes:

I'll take a gallon right now please!

Hey Beccca, do you take yours "regular"? :laugh:

Tom (:macwave:... America runs on Dunkin')

If it's DD, I'll pretty much take it any way I can get it!

MarkE
30-06-2010, 03:10 PM
The Heinz canned sponge cakes are awesome!!

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 03:11 PM

jam and treacle mmmmmm

Johnie
30-06-2010, 05:33 PM
A few weeks ago, I would say I don't typically drink coffee. I don't particularly care for hot beverages.

However, I have managed to get myself addicted to McDonald's iced coffee with caramel. YUM!

I also had 2 cups of hot coffee on Sun. Very strange for me. I don't drink it black. I like to have cream and sugar in it.

Tea, I also like to have milk in it.

robertcraig
30-06-2010, 05:43 PM
i will try some tomorrow

Tinkfan
01-07-2010, 02:09 AM
LOOOOOOVE Green Mountain ANYTHING!!! Though I've not tried the Perfectly PEACH!!! OMG, that sounds delicious...I'll have to give it a try! We're off to Vermont in a few weeks and we always pop into the store :)

Our daughter lives in Waterbury and her husband works for Green Mountain( marketing division) They bought us a Keurig a few years ago and I have GM mail the coffee to me! The store is great isn't it. :yes:

Tinkfan
01-07-2010, 02:11 AM

Really? I was afraid to try it, it's $5.00 for an itty bitty can!

Tinkfan
01-07-2010, 02:12 AM
jam and treacle mmmmmm

jam and treacle? What is treacle ( brown sugar?)