PDA

View Full Version : depressed at not going to disney for ages

DisneyAddict
30-06-2010, 08:40 AM
What do you do to cheer yourself up when it feels like you wont be going to disney for ages :(

sometimes I try and read the posts here but it makes me sad to read when I know I havent got anything for so long :sorry:

josh.p.
30-06-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm the exact same but I love reading the posts here!! Try reading some of the Disney news on our maing page, that usually gets me cheered up :yes:

Skywatcher
30-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Yep me too, sometimes it helps and sometimes it makes it worse - on another boards I used to stay away for about 2 months after I got back as I was soooo depressed

so we all totally understand

:hug2:

best thing to do is pick an imaginary date in the far future when you may be able to go and start heading towards that

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 10:42 AM
im here all the time, so that helps. i also watch the video's a lot that ive taken of the kids whilst there and the planning dvd's :D

MarkE
30-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I go somewhere else!! Haven't been to Florida since 2007, but have Been to NYC a few times, Devon, and Egypt!!

It is starting to depress me that we won't be back for another two years though!

catrancher
30-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I've got a whole collection of the Disney Planning DVD's. Both Disney World and Disney Cruise Lines. Whenever I'm depressed, I get one of them out and enjoy them all over again.

If that doesn't work, I delve into my pictures on my computer and make another slide show with titles, transitions, and music then burn it to dvd. That always makes me feel much better. Besides, it's fun! :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... lights, camera, action!)

Tink
30-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I can relate to your sense of sadness when I think of returning to Ireland. I had planned to be back far before now, and things keep getting in the way. :(

There are so many wonderful members at this site, that having friendships with them, and discussing things other than Disney is a positive thing. :yes:

When others are able to go (again, for me to Ireland) I live vicariously through their experiences and enjoy so very much, what they choose to share of their visit. :yes:

I think planning a holiday, regardless of date is helpful to a certain extent too. Some things need to wait until there is a specific time, but much research and learning about a place can happen while you are waiting to go.

When all else fails simply post that you are so wishing you could go and we'll all rush in and hug you back to happiness! :D :grouphug:

Tinkfan
30-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I live vicariously through Maireads photos!!! pretty soon!!!:yes:

tb2830
30-06-2010, 01:37 PM
whenever i land back i pretty much book another one straight away :yes:

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 01:38 PM
whenever i land back i pretty much book another one straight away :yes:

i did that after the 1st 2 trips, even tho there was a 2yr gap between each trip, dont stop the planning tho eh!! :D

tb2830
30-06-2010, 01:43 PM
i did that after the 1st 2 trips, even tho there was a 2yr gap between each trip, dont stop the planning tho eh!! :D

exactly i love planning

would be nice thou to with someone who loves it as much as me

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 01:45 PM
exactly i love planning

would be nice thou to with someone who loves it as much as me

me too

i know the feeling trace same here

tb2830
30-06-2010, 01:46 PM
me and the kids thou always have a ball

ukwdwnut
30-06-2010, 01:50 PM
me and the kids thou always have a ball

i do too, ive never come home disappointed even tho others have not had so much fun as me, i think lauren was the only one who went nuts like me. im like a kid with a new toy out there :lol:

Johnie
30-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I had to wait about 7 years between my first and second trip and it was so hard :thumbsdown: I like to read about new things that are going on at Disney and I like reading trip reports. Being around others who love Disney is a great way to get through it too.