PDA

View Full Version : holiday reading

robertcraig
04-07-2010, 06:32 PM
what do you read on holiday i have my three books kathy reichs -quinton jardine and danny wallaces book awkward situations for men.:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggl e::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle: :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::w iggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wig gle: 52 days to go

Johnie
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
I read all sorts of stuff. My new favorite "fun" author is Jen Lancaster. She is hilariously funny!

foreverducky
04-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I like to read magazines on vacation. All those ones I don't normally read, like People.

Kate
04-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I usually take a couple of chick lit books, got one already for our trip in november - really like Sophie Kinsella (she did all the shopaholic books). I need stories that are easily followed when im on holiday, im usually sooo sleepy at the end of the day that i need something simple or i get lost! :lol:

Isafari
04-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Never have time to read on holiday. By the time we get back to the villa in the evening, within two minutes I'm fast asleep after a day full of activities and fresh air.

DH has just put The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series of audio books on my ipod for me though.

robertcraig
04-07-2010, 10:26 PM
I like to spend some time at the pool thats when i read

Tink
04-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Just about anything I can get my hands on. I love to read and will read any type of book except for romances or westerns. Other than that, I'm reading! :D

foreverducky
05-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Just about anything I can get my hands on. I love to read and will read any type of book except for romances or westerns. Other than that, I'm reading! :D

:jawdrop: No romances?

Breathe, in...out....in....out....she doesn't like romances????

:hug2:

Johnie
05-07-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't care for Harlequin type romances.....

Tink
05-07-2010, 12:10 AM
:sorry: No... I find them unbearably stupid and totally boring... :sorry:

Tinker
05-07-2010, 12:59 AM
The only romance books I like are Danielle Steele . Right now I'm finally finishing The Life Of Walt Disney . I'm then passing it onto Keith and then whomever wants to read it can . It's a very good book .
I'm then going to read my nieces second book . Her first one was how she overcame a rape as a young teen , overcame a drug addiction, went to Penn State and became a social worker for the witness protection program . I'm telling you I was so upset, I didn't sleep for days . It's called Blackout Girl . Her new book is a Day In The Light . How she has finally found love . Her partner is a beautiful young woman and she writes about how she has helped others overcome addictions not only drugs, but abusive relationships .
When i go to WDW in August, I want to buy one of the Kingdom Keeper books .

foreverducky
05-07-2010, 01:24 AM
I love a good romance....key word there is good. :D Now I don't read harlequin either, their books are just not that great.

Skywatcher
05-07-2010, 07:05 AM
For holidays Stephen King are my fall back books, readable and chunky enough to keep me going. The last trip when we got stuck theonly book I had taken was Stephen Hawkings Brief Hstory of Time - that was ot a great poolside book and requires a lot of concentration

Dawn
05-07-2010, 07:14 AM
I've read the first three books in the Chronicls of Ancient Darkness series by Michelle Paver. They are teen fiction but are awesome. Three more to go so I'll have one of them on the plane with me. :thumbsup:

Skywatcher
05-07-2010, 07:20 AM
ooo nting to physically heavy , so when you doze off it doesn't hurt your nose :thumbsup: - another top Disney tip :D

Slowhand
05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
I tend to read something "light", the sort of book that you can put down for a while and then pick up again a few days later without having to remember the plot.
I have found that autobiographies [or biographies] fall into this catagory.
Over the past few vacations I`ve read these type of books relating to Tommy Cooper, Ronnie Wood [The Stones]. Ayrton Senna, Richard Branson, and of course Eric Clapton!.....that list says a lot about me! :lol: