PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got any advice

lozzy
06-07-2010, 08:03 PM
That may help me with my cat, I have recently started to grow my own veg but my cat keeps using the patch as a little tray, he killed all but 2 of my brocolli seedlings and he keeps trying to get on the carrots, I have managed to stop him by making a fence around the area but I am hoping to grow more veggies and really don't what to have a fence all round the area as it doesn't look very nice.

Britchick
06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Pepper dust?

Catching it in the act and frightening it half to death! Lol

My dog is eating my strawberries and tomatoes off the bushes!

lozzy
06-07-2010, 08:20 PM
When I see him he gets told of but I'm not home all day so it's hard to catch him everytime,

Someone told me to us chilli powder but I don't want anything that will hurt him as I love him to much.

Britchick
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Shiny stuff blowing in the wind, I think my mum used to use milk bottle tops, foil?

Chilli powder could really backfire on you. :tongue:

Deafjeff
07-07-2010, 07:40 AM
What about buying some pellets which have odour that the cats dont like? And it does harm plants etc.

the only thing is that you would need to top up every week or so

Kate
07-07-2010, 09:03 AM
my neighbours put mothballs on their garden - not sure how well that works though. Shes also quite fond of putting barbed wire and spikey things along the top of the fence - nice lady eh?!

uscwest
07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Not sure how expensive it would be but how about an ultrasonic device that would squirt water at the cat or any other animal that entered?

MystikPiglit
07-07-2010, 01:30 PM
If you can get hold of pine cones push them into the earth with the spiky bits pointing upwards. Cats don't like walking over them so that might work.

A really good deterrent is to sprinkle white vinegar around the area, but only if you can put up with the smell. :lol:

josh.p.
07-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I'd get one of those shiny windmills that kids play with and put it in there :yes: or hang some sort of foil from the branches :yes: