PDA

View Full Version : There Truly Is A Greater Power !

Tinker
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I know longer post personal problems, but I'm posting this . My DS has not received unemployment benefits since June with no extensions to be . When he was receiving his checks he was faithfully giving me $350.00 bi weekly and by the 1st of the month, I was dropping a money order in the rental box . Let me add that they have a gorgeous three bedroom apt with finished off attic . After the $350.00 deducted from his bi weekly check, they only had so much to put on their utilities . With his unemployment checks running out they not only have the landlord threatning with an eviction, but shut off notices on their electric & three in one cable ( phone, cable, internet ) . Thankfully one agency paid their gas bill, but other than that assisstance, they have hit a brick wall with TANF, rent assistance, etc . Everyone is in dire straits with this economy . Needless to say, I've been a mess !!! Not only do I have a gorgeous 11 month old granddaughter , but I have a beautiful pregnant daughter in law that is due anyday . I spoke to Jimminey and told him I was canceling my WDW trip for August/September to pay the rent & electric bill off . He said, Honey, you worked hard on ebay & subbing and made your own money if thats what you want to do, Go For It . Not something I wanted to do, but had too . This is not just about Pat n Kim any longer , but my dear grandchildren .
My colitis has been acting up as I'm so stressed . I loss 5 pounds in two weeks . Last night I got down on my hands and knees with my rosary in hand , I cried out to God, my father, Pat's father , Pats grandmother & grandfather . I prayed as hard as I ever prayed & cried, please look over my son, daughter in law and grandchildren , if there are miracles . Please send one to my children . I woke up with the worse headache this morning . I was sitting on the front porch and the pastor from my church rode by . I looked up and said is this a sign and laughed at myself . Like, Yeah Right !!! Well, not 30 minutes later Pat calls and said MoM , you are not going to believe this , I'm waiting for the worse case scenario as he sounded upset . He went on to say , I'm at the unemployment office , OK ?!?! And I was just told not only am I getting my extention , but they owe me two weeks worth of back checks, that I will receive Thursday . I busted into tears , he's like MoM don't cry this is good news . I was crying tears of joy . I got on my hands and knees and Praised God . There Truly is a Greater Power & Prayers Work & Miracles Happen . I have so many emtions going through me right now . I'm relieved, in shock, happy, crying , you name it , I'm it ! Join Me in being beyond happy . :bounce:

Deafjeff
12-07-2010, 04:12 PM
It so nice to have such a good news like this :yes:

Tinker
12-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks, Jeff ! I still feel like I'm in a dream .

Tinkfan
12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
:wave::champers2:You always worry more about your kids don't you?! So happy for you, I'm a St. Jude believer myself!!:yes:

Tinker
12-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Thank You Tinkfan ! :hug2: It doesn't get any easier as they get older . Worries never end , your kids hurt, you hurt, no matter their age . Love is the greatest gift God gave us .

foreverducky
12-07-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm so glad that you and your family have received good news!

Tinker
12-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Thank You foreverducky . What A Relief ! :mental:

Tinker
12-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Maybe I can start keeping some food in !

robertcraig
12-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I am glad your prayers were answered it sounds like you were due some good luck

arkvilla
12-07-2010, 05:54 PM
So happy for you and your son Debi. God moves in mysterious ways :yes:

I am generally a very positive person and am thankful for all we have, not just ' material things' but the things that count, like the love you have shown for your family. :hug2:

We are all blessed in many ways but often forget just how lucky we are.

Sandra

Johnie
12-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Glad to hear everything is working out!

Claire
12-07-2010, 06:36 PM
So glad things are looking up for you all. :thumbs-up:

Tinker
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Thank You Everyone . I am extremely relieved .
Sandra , I'm Debi aka Tinker Thank You for your beautiful sentiment, So Very True ! I always Thank God for other than material things, also :hug2:

Wendy
14-07-2010, 10:37 AM
:hug2: I'm so happy for Pat, it is a huge relief for you Deb :hug2: Hopefully you will start to feel better yourself now :fingers: :hug2:

Tink
14-07-2010, 11:36 AM
It's great news that the unemployment benefits have been reinstated and extended. I'm glad it was discovered that he was owed additional too.

Hopefully, he can find a new job. It's miserably hard to do right now, I know.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon. :pdust:

Tinker
15-07-2010, 04:50 AM
Thank You Wendy & Sister Tink !

Tinker
15-07-2010, 09:13 PM
:mental: update is the information was correct . He received both his checks today and they got all caught up . I'm so relieved and he has funding available . So, I assume he got his extension .
Our town is hiring and he dropped an application in . It was accepted which means they are or are going to start hiring as they had a freeze . :fingers: