PDA

View Full Version : parachute jump

tb2830
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
has anyone on here done a parachute jump before .....its something ive always wanted to do and something im considering doing in the six weeks holiday.

im hoping to rope my boss into doing it to :yes:

josh.p.
12-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I've always wanted to do it but it's very expensive and they take a chunk out of anyoney you raise for charity :yes:

tb2830
12-07-2010, 10:00 PM
well unsure yet wether im jumping for charity or wether im jumping just to scare myself .......

foreverducky
12-07-2010, 11:08 PM
I want to and hope to do so before I leave this area next year sometime. It's reasonable here as you go tandem.

Britchick
13-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft? Lol

Skywatcher
13-07-2010, 06:56 AM
I agree with Julie :yes:

my idea of pure hell

although I like the idea of getting the boss to do it :evil:

lozzy
13-07-2010, 06:59 AM
has anyone on here done a parachute jump before .....its something ive always wanted to do and something im considering doing in the six weeks holiday.

im hoping to rope my boss into doing it to :yes:

I paid for my DF to do a tandem skydive a few years ago and he loved it, my brother and some friends also did one and everyone loved it to, including a girl how has a fear of heights,
I say go for it.

tb2830
13-07-2010, 07:13 AM
its a experience ive always wanted to try .....

will keep you all informed of my decision

Deafjeff
13-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Please do!

Kate
13-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Not me personally but my cousin did it for a childrens charity, raised quite a bit of money too. She absolutely loved it - was nervous waiting for it to happen but loved it once she was out and she said she would definately do it again!
Photo's werent too flattering though!!! :lol:

Skywatcher
13-07-2010, 07:29 AM
:yes: :carpediem:

mumof2
13-07-2010, 07:48 AM
my cousin and my friend have both done it, tandem, not together! they both loved their experiences.....strange girls! :tongue:

tb2830
13-07-2010, 07:50 AM
:yes: :carpediem:

yes it is a bit of a carpe diem moment:yes:

Skywatcher
13-07-2010, 08:24 AM
For me it would be a carpe my pants diem :D

tb2830
13-07-2010, 08:27 AM
For me it would be a carpe my pants diem :D

:donald:

i like to give myself a challenge !!!!!

lisaw
13-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I would love to do the falling bit - it's the jumping out of the plane I have a problem with! :lol:

josh.p.
13-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Bungee jumping and sky diving are on my 'bucket list' :yes:

tb2830
13-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Bungee jumping and sky diving are on my 'bucket list' :yes:

i couldnt do bungee jumping :nono:

ive also been looking into climbing a mountain lol just not sure who would look after the kids whilst im gone

Sam
13-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I would love to do it but I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to heights. I really am a big wuss - needless to say that I am the person looking after the kids when it comes to the high rides.

My husband did a lot of sky diving when he was in the RAF, he says that you will love it. At first you will be absolutely terrified but once you get over that and jump, when you land you will want to do it all over again. APPARENTLY.....

:thumbsup:

uscwest
13-07-2010, 10:44 AM
It is something that I've always wanted to do at least once. However, at my age, and given the problems with my knees and legs it is something that I will probably never do.

I probably should have done it when I was in the Air Force back in the late 60's and early 70's.

MarkE
13-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I've done it a few times - have a look on youtube for 'fats on a plane' - thats me! Its a few years old now, I first did it when I was about 22/23...

My Girlfriend did one in March at Hinton Skydiving Centre for the 'help for heroes' charity, and they got their actual jumps at a discounted price, and raised over 6k at the same time.

I love it, would recommend it to anyone!!

Tinker
13-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Parachute Jumping :exit: Jim just talked me into doing the ferris wheel at Seaside Heights . First time I've been on one since I was a tween , I had a scare on one and that was the end of heights for me . I'm getting better , but parachute jumping :hide:

catrancher
13-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I've never been able to see the advantage in getting out of a perfectly good airplane while the engine's still running. :airplane:

Tom (:macwave:... the first step's a real killer!)

Tinker
13-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I've never been able to see the advantage in getting out of a perfectly good airplane while the engine's still running. :airplane:

Tom (:macwave:... the first step's a real killer!) :ROFL:

tb2830
13-07-2010, 05:52 PM
I've done it a few times - have a look on youtube for 'fats on a plane' - thats me! Its a few years old now, I first did it when I was about 22/23...

My Girlfriend did one in March at Hinton Skydiving Centre for the 'help for heroes' charity, and they got their actual jumps at a discounted price, and raised over 6k at the same time.

I love it, would recommend it to anyone!!

omg mark that was excellant :yes:

thanks for sharing :hug2:

Britchick
13-07-2010, 05:57 PM
The thought of a fractured pelvis/broken spine puts me off, of course there's risk in everything but :unsure:

Wendy
14-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I've never done it myself - scared of heights :lol: :lol: but I know a few people who have and they say it is fantastic - really exhilarating. If I wasn't such a coward, I'd love to do it :D

Go for it Tracy, if it's something you've always wanted to do :hug2:

MarkE
14-07-2010, 11:40 AM
The parachutes they have are massive backpacks that contain three seperate 'chutes - the first is a small one that guides you as you jump out the plane, the second is the main one. The third one you'll hopefully never see, but its nice to know its there - it's a pressure sensitive one so if you get to xxx feet and the second one hasn't gone off for any reason (malfunction, tandem guy had a heart attack) it sets itself off so you will land slowly (not necessarily 100% safely, but it saves lives).

I could be crippled walking the road these days. I'll only live once, these arent some dodgy foreigners on holiday trying to make a cheap few quid, I trust them.

Tracy - how great is my jumpsuit and hat?

tb2830
14-07-2010, 05:20 PM
The parachutes they have are massive backpacks that contain three seperate 'chutes - the first is a small one that guides you as you jump out the plane, the second is the main one. The third one you'll hopefully never see, but its nice to know its there - it's a pressure sensitive one so if you get to xxx feet and the second one hasn't gone off for any reason (malfunction, tandem guy had a heart attack) it sets itself off so you will land slowly (not necessarily 100% safely, but it saves lives).

I could be crippled walking the road these days. I'll only live once, these arent some dodgy foreigners on holiday trying to make a cheap few quid, I trust them.

Tracy - how great is my jumpsuit and hat?

mark the jumpsuit and hat looked fab :yes:

kazzaqld
15-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I am way too scared of heights to do this myself (heck, I won't do most of the rollercoasters at wdw!) - but if you want to, I say go for it!!

:thumbsup: