PDA

View Full Version : if someone made a comment

tb2830
13-07-2010, 06:51 PM
to you that you found very hurtful even if it was meant in a jokey way would you say something or just leave it.

Deafjeff
13-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I think it depends how... i.e verbal or written...

If it is written then it is hard to know the tone...

If it is verbal, then who it is from and what the context etc..

Could you share a bit more?

Tinker
13-07-2010, 06:58 PM
one of my worse faults , don't care if I sound like a drama queen , if I'm hurt and I'm making a point, I say it . I'm who I am, you like me for that or you don't . And although I don't know you Trace, you sound like a pretty awesome , fun loving, straight up woman :lol: :hug2:

tb2830
13-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I think it depends how... i.e verbal or written...

If it is written then it is hard to know the tone...

If it is verbal, then who it is from and what the context etc..

Could you share a bit more?

it was verbal jeff :yes:

and we were joking around but knowing everything that is happening at the moment

what she said i found quite upsetting

Deafjeff
13-07-2010, 07:01 PM
it was verbal jeff :yes:

and we were joking around but knowing everything that is happening at the moment

what she said i found quite upsetting

Would it make you feel better if you let her know?

Is she one of your friend and would like her to be aware of how her comment has really made you feel.

I guess a good foundation of any friendship is based on honestly...

Tinker
13-07-2010, 07:02 PM
then I would have said, fun is fun, but I don't think your comment was funny and walked away . I'm sure you would have gotten an instant apology and if it was in the presence of others, she'd had looked the fool and the others that laughed with her too . So Sorry Trace !
Not An OMG !!! :lol: :hug2:

tb2830
13-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Would it make you feel better if you let her know?

Is she one of your friend and would like her to be aware of how her comment has really made you feel.

I guess a good foundation of any friendship is based on honestly...

yes she is a friend or i would atleast like to think so

everyone was gobsmacked when she said it....

and the pharmacist said it was below the belt thou she did say she was joking

i might wait and see if she says anything to me tomorrow then if not i shall have a chat with her

i have a feeling one of the others might say something to her first

tb2830
13-07-2010, 07:05 PM
then I would have said, fun is fun, but I don't think your comment was funny and walked away . I'm sure you would have gotten an instant apology and if it was in the presence of others, she'd had looked the fool and the others that laughed with her too . So Sorry Trace !
Not An OMG !!! :lol: :hug2:

nobody laughed tinker when she said it infact i think they were horrified

Tinkfan
13-07-2010, 07:09 PM
:wave: If it's a co-worker Trace, I would gently clear the air so to speak.

Kate
13-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I tend to let things go at the time and then wish i had said something after. If others were around at the time though that couldnt have been nice for you

tb2830
13-07-2010, 07:31 PM
perhaps its me maybe im too sensitive :unsure:

Kate
13-07-2010, 07:33 PM
No i wouldnt say you are - your colleagues noticed it too so its not just you!

Britchick
13-07-2010, 08:04 PM
There's nothing wrong with letting people know how they made you feel but you need to be able to handle the situation if you do talk to her and it goes awry. The other solution is to let it go, You know sometimes people do say things that don't come out how they meant them, who knows what her intentions were.

Johnie
13-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I would wait a day or two and tell her that you found the comment to be hurtful. If she truly meant it as a joke, then she will be horrified and apologize. If she meant to be catty and insists it was just a "joke" then you know what your dealing with.

I have been all EMOtional for the last month or so and have tended to take just about everything the wrong way. It's ok to be sensitive. But, if it does truly hurt your feelings then I think it's best to clear the air and find out what is going on.

:hug2::hug2:

tb2830
13-07-2010, 08:25 PM
she isnt a nasty person .....just wrong comment at the wrong time

Johnie
13-07-2010, 08:57 PM
That's good to know :-) Clear the air, she may not have realized she hurt you. I would be horrified if I did that. And trust me I have done plenty of foot in mouth phrases to hurt people and embarrass myself.

josh.p.
13-07-2010, 11:44 PM
If it where me in your position, I'd just tell her that her comment embarrassed you a bit. It doesn't make her sound hurtful and won't make her feel as bad, but will still get across to her that it's not OK to joke around in the way that she did. :yes:

Tinker
13-07-2010, 11:56 PM
nobody laughed tinker when she said it infact i think they were horrified Thats a good thing, Trace and if the others seemed horrified, I'm surprised she didn't apologize right away . As you said, others may have gotten to her, for you, after your shift ended . I'm sorry you were hurt . :hug2:
And me I was just trying to get you to laugh as I knew you felt bad . :hug2:

Wendy
14-07-2010, 09:46 AM
It's a difficult one, I don't think you are being over sensitive at all :hug2:

Some people are just don't think and what they might think is a joke can really hurt you, they might not have meant it, but if they had thought about it first would they still have said it :shrug: The fact that others were amazed at what she said it, just proves to you that it was in bad taste.

People can be so very cruel :yes: and hopefully one of the others will say something to her and she will apologise :hug2: