PDA

View Full Version : Here's my packing list

Dawn
18-07-2010, 11:58 AM
What have I forgotton?

Of course I still have to subdivide this list into checked baggage and hand luggage, and then into my hand luggage, Adrian's hand luggage and Steven's hand luggage, and then what goes into main compartments on hand luggage and what goes into little zippy side pockets but this is the master everythingweneedtotake list.

We're staying a villa with full laundry facilities.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Top and bottom clothing for 4 days each
Underwear for 4 days each plus a couple of spares
Nightwear
Swimwear
Trainers
Sandals
Watershoes for waterparks
Flipflops for villa poolside.
Hats for various people

Sunscreen
Sunglasses
Glasses, spare glasses and prescription

Prescription meds and copy of script

Shower gel
Shampoo
Conditioner
Deoderant
Shaving supplies
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Steven's shampoo
Hairbrushes and combs
Insect repellant

Tickets
Money
Passports
Credit cards
Holiday paperwork
Insurance paperwork
Driving licence

Ipod and charger
DS x 2 and charger
DS games
DS charger
Earphones for all of above
Travel plugs

Camera
Steven's camera
Video camera
Steven's video camera
SD cards
Battery charger and rechargeable batteries
AAA batteries for Steven's camera
Spare AA batteries just in case

Things to amuse Steven on plane
Plane snacks

Steven's lanyard and pins
Glowsticks

Notebook and pens for trip report

Tink
18-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Can you buy your personal products here, like sunscreen, deodorant, shampoo, ect to save you from having to fly with them? :unsure:

If you'd rather bring products you are familiar with, then I'd add some mosquito repellent to the mix. We went for a short walk last night and they were out in droves. Much rain and heat and humidity has produced a bumper crop this year.

Dawn
18-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Oooh I have insect repellant. Will edit list.

Regarding toiletries Adrian has funny skin and Steven has children's skin so I'd prefer to take what I know is ok for them. :shrug: And once that is all used it free's up space in the bag for pretty things to take home. :D

mumof2
18-07-2010, 12:48 PM
i think you've pretty much covered everything there Dawn :thumbsup:

are you renting a car, if so you'll need driving licences?

do you need your own pool towels?

Dawn
18-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Driving licence. :mental:

There's also the "to do" list

Confirm details for guinea pig boarding
buy enough dog food for Willow for when she goes to Grandad.
Change money
Change Steven's money.

:mental:

mumof2
18-07-2010, 01:04 PM
travel adaptor plugs
locks for cases

Crazycatlady
18-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Will you be taking any drinks/food out with you? If so you will need sports bottles and sandwich bags/clingfilm

Crazycatlady
18-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Ooh and last time we took some cheap glow stick things for firework nights to stop boys begging for expensive Disney ones from carts

Crazycatlady
18-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Handheld fans?

Dawn
18-07-2010, 01:16 PM
20 glowsticks for £1 in Worthing's PoundLand. :D

Will take a few plane snacks but Steven eats anything so don't need a full picnic.

Travel Adaptors!!! :mental:

mumof2
18-07-2010, 01:19 PM
20 glowsticks for £1 in Worthing's PoundLand. :D

really?? do they have them now? could get some for Jamies party!

Kate
18-07-2010, 01:23 PM
If you have travel adaptors where they are stacked, make sure you take the right one - not like i did last time! thought id save a bit of extra weight and take just the bit we needed - only i took the wrong bit, so went down to the next room to borrow my mums and she had done exactly the same thing! :lol:

Dawn
18-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Yep they had boxes of them. They have the packets of 2 for £1 but look nearby and they have cardboard tubes of 20 - have looked and they are assorted colours with connectors.

Dawn
18-07-2010, 01:24 PM
If you have travel adaptors where they are stacked, make sure you take the right one - not like i did last time! thought id save a bit of extra weight and take just the bit we needed - only i took the wrong bit, so went down to the next room to borrow my mums and she had done exactly the same thing! :lol:

:laugh:

Kate
18-07-2010, 01:25 PM
But my brother forgot his altogether, so i was one up on him at least!

Hex
18-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Power adaptors for various electronic devices
USB connection leads for various electronic devices
a handy thing to connect them all too ... the small laptop i am writing this on :-)
Books ... lots of good books to help preserve my sanity while being cooped up with Dawn and the boy on a 9-hour flight ...

Sanity check - see last comment ... and add it to the "what on earth possessed me to consider that a good idea" list

:D

Dawn
18-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Power adaptors for various electronic devices
USB connection leads for various electronic devices

:D
Do you possess all these things then?

Books yes but you have a weight limit on your hand luggage. :D

Johnie
18-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh you should totally buy one of those e-readers so you can take all the books you want!!

Dawn
18-07-2010, 01:42 PM
I have a ton of books on my ipod touch so that will cover me.

Adrian won't have an ereader of any kind ever. A real book has a soul. :thumbsup:

Hex
18-07-2010, 01:49 PM
yes, i am very "old school" when it comes to books ... even visiting antiquarian book shops on occasion ... one of my best finds from one of those places was a 1926 edition of Don Quixote. This copy had obviously never been read by anybody.... and i know this because the pages were "rough cut" and i had to seperate the leaves of about 100 pages myself with a sharp knife to be able to read them! :-)

Johnie
18-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Oh I completely understand about the books!! However, the e-reader helps me cut down on the books that are overtaking my entire house. It is very handy for traveling.

Dawn
18-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I have downloaded Romeo and Juliet to the ipod as that's the book my new class will be studying. :unsure:

Have even - and how organised is this - ordered Willow a dog tag with my parent's contact details for her to wear on her collar while she stays with my dad. :D

Johnie
18-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Very good!

Dawn
18-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Am I right in thinking there's a pet store at DTD now? :unsure:

Johnie
18-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes there is, it's over by the Pooh store. But you can get pet items at lots of other places too.

Dawn
18-07-2010, 03:42 PM

Johnie
18-07-2010, 03:43 PM
I think there is a shirt or bandana that says something like "my owners went to WDW and all I got was this lousy......" :tongue:

Dawn
18-07-2010, 03:47 PM
:laugh:

Kate
18-07-2010, 04:27 PM
They had lots of pet things when we went, some nice things, and some "why would you buy that" things!

Dawn
18-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Yes we want all of those. :D :mental:

Skywatcher
18-07-2010, 05:45 PM
We take washing up liquid to clean our sports bottles with us not sure if Steven has a bottle with you :unsure:

Isafari
18-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Am I right in thinking there's a pet store at DTD now? :unsure:

:yes: Disney Tails HERE (http://www.wdisneysecrets.com/index.php/downtown-disney/252-downtown-disney-shopping/852-downtown-disney-shopping.html)

Esmeralda
18-07-2010, 06:36 PM
You forgot marmite, crocks and ariel, the American soap powder doesn't get the stains out like ariel does.

I only take crocks, they are used as pool shoes, water shoes, park shoes and shopping shoes. No blisters ever, can we convert you Dawn?... go on... give them a weeny try.

Skywatcher
18-07-2010, 08:26 PM
We have too take fairy as the kids get a rash with any other soap powder

*Bambi-Belle*
18-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Calpol sashes for Steven. Itís better to have something for headaches or temperatures on the plane and the sashes are allowed in the hand luggage. I also take some ibuprofen meltlets for myself too for on the plane.
I also like to take my own blister plasters so we donít need to go hunting down a Walgreens when we should be in the parks.

Shellyamc
18-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I think there is a shirt or bandana that says something like "my owners went to WDW and all I got was this lousy......" :tongue:

:yes: We have this. We also got a set of seasonal bandannas and a mickey shaped tire chew toy :D

Dawn
19-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Adding Calpol sachets to Tesco list now. :thumbsup:

Dawn
19-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Will I have to put the Calpol in a little bag and run it through screening seperately/ :unsure:

Skywatcher
19-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Ooo ooo oo they now do calpol tablets :thumbsup: and even thomas will take those as they are chewable , much better than fiddly sachets :yes:

and the volumes are so small as to be ok to put in your ziplock bag if you go with the sachets but for us the tablets are the way to go for sure

MystikPiglit
19-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Antiseptic wipes
Savlon or Germolene
I take 'sensitive skin' plasters too.
Antibacterial wipes/gel
After-sun cream/gel

Kate
19-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I usually have a little bottle of the antiseptic handwash too.
Do the tablets taste the same as the pink medicine? i used to love calpol (still do actually! :lol:)

Skywatcher
19-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I'll ask him tonight :yes: but he is very very very fussy

Skywatcher
19-07-2010, 04:00 PM
We take the Boots Soltan suncream as it comes in a squashy pouch - perfect for pockets in shorts, I always try and travel; as light as is humanly possible in the parks

robertcraig
20-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I also make a list and icheck everything several times before i leave

Crazycatlady
20-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I'll ask him tonight :yes: but he is very very very fussy
Yes they do, very palatable and sooooooooo much better than the sachets:yes:

Skywatcher
20-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks I was going to answer , honest :D

Tink
20-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Do you intend to send any postcards back to the UK? Postage then?