PDA

View Full Version : It feels like I have been gone for soooo long...

DisneyFreak
29-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone, I'm back!!

It's been a long few months but I am back and ready to talk Disney again! :yes:

We just returned last Saturday from a 3 night/4 day trip to "The World" where we stayed at Animal Kingdom Villas for the first time. We were in Jambo House on the 5th floor with a Savanna view. AWESOME!!! I plan on doing a trip report with pictures.

We bought a Florida Resident Annual Pass and we already know we're going back in October, maybe December and again in February. Don't know which DVC resort we are going to stay at yet though. Looking forward to our first Food & Wine Festival!!

josh.p.
29-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Welcome back! :D I was wondering where you where the other day actually! I'd love to stay at AKL but have never had the chance!

Isafari
30-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Welcome back - looking forward to the trippie :yes:

Johnie
30-07-2010, 02:34 PM
and you are? :unsure:

JUST KIDDING! :tongue: Welcome back!! It's good to see you :yes:

mumof2
30-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey! It's good to see you :yes:

keith
30-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I was wondering where you were DF!!!!! Welcome back!

Love to see that trip report, AKL and associated villas etc. is one of my very fave places to stay

DisneyFreak
30-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I was wondering where you were DF!!!!! Welcome back!

Love to see that trip report, AKL and associated villas etc. is one of my very fave places to stay

It's a beautiful resort. It's just so far away from everything (other than Animal Kingdom of course). I've got some pictures of our studio and some of the 4 story lobby. Having the savanna view was priceless. Nothing like looking out your balcony and seeing giraffes, zebras, etc every morning and evening. We had the Sunset Savanna view.

keith
30-07-2010, 04:44 PM
We had the Sunset Savanna view.

totally the best :yes:

That's the thing, over time we've decided that having a savanna view really does make the experience. Sure you can go to a viewing area if not but it's not the same as pulling back the curtains to see a giraffe staring back in at you or a zebra feeding.

The views are very variable too though even within the same savannah classification

anyway cant wait for the trip report :D

Tink
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
We really enjoyed our stay at AKL too! We stayed at Kidani Village and had views of both the Main Savannah, and the smaller one 'round back. We prefer the main, but the smaller one was ok too.

It's great to have you back with us!!! I've often wondered how you were doing "down there" in the SW of FL! Hot, innit! :eek:

Don't be a stranger now, ok?! :D