PDA

View Full Version : Had to say goodbye this morning..

Shellyamc
03-08-2010, 02:16 PM
To my little Keeker bunny :sorry: I know it seems kind of silly, he was just a bunny..but it broke my heart. He was such an amazing little bunny. He was our first baby and he was part of my wedding gift from Dh. My Mom would never let me have "rodents", so when Dh and I got married he got me a bunny. Keek was 10 years old...amazing for a bunny. I've never been away from home without him, but I guess now I get to learn.

He was getting bad and he gave us the chance to cry with him and say goodbye. Last night I told him it was time to go and he needed to rest (we really didn't want to have to put him down, but it was getting to that point), and he was gone when Dh got up this morning. He is next to Floopy (our other bunny we lost last year), and hopefully they are catching up on lost time.

goodnight my special little bunny..I will see you again :rose2:

MystikPiglit
03-08-2010, 02:25 PM
:comfort:

josh.p.
03-08-2010, 02:32 PM
:hug2: it is not silly at all. He was obviously a big part of your family. :hug2:

Dawn
03-08-2010, 02:38 PM
:hug2:

Johnie
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
awww I'm so sorry Shelly :hug2::hug2::hug2:

foreverducky
03-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Definitely not silly...they are parts of our families. I'm so sorry! :hug2:

Kate
03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh Shelly im so sorry for your loss :(
It sounds like it was a beautiful goodbye though :comfort:

Shellyamc
03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Oh Shelly im so sorry for your loss :(
It sounds like it was a beautiful goodbye though :comfort:

It was..it really was. We cried and told him how much we loved him and then we said goodnight and he was gone this morning. I was almost relieved when dh told me this morning. It was like I already knew.

Kate
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
If there is such a thing, it was perfect, he just went to sleep knowing how much you loved him and that it was ok to go now.
I want this to happen to my cat, she's 23 now and i dont want to be the one to make the decision :(

DisneyFreak
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...:hug2:

Disneybumble
03-08-2010, 04:03 PM
So sorry Shelly.:hug2:

Tink
03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Oh geez. :cry2: I'm so sorry. I am leaking all over the place. :sorry:

Crazycatlady
03-08-2010, 04:50 PM
:grouphug:

Shellyamc
03-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks guys..its been a really hard day. I didn't think it would be so hard since we knew it was coming..but I was really wrong.

Tink
03-08-2010, 04:56 PM
:( :( :hug2: :hug2: :pdust: :pdust:

Tinkfan
03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
It isn't easy is it? I miss my boy every day, they are such a source of comfort and joy :hug2: :hug2: It sounds as if he just needed your blessing Shelly. :yes:

Isafari
03-08-2010, 06:00 PM
:hug2: Sorry

Claire
03-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh Shelly. :comfort:

lozzy
03-08-2010, 08:42 PM
So sorry, :hug2:

uscwest
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Our pets become a very special part of our family, especially when we have had them for many years. It breaks our hearts when we have to put one down or lose one. My heart goes out to you Shelly. :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: