PDA

View Full Version : cruises

robertcraig
04-08-2010, 10:46 PM
has anybody used any other cruise lines for the 3/4 nights trips to the bahamas from port canaveral:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Tinker
05-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Only ever done DCL, Robert , but I have only heard good things about Carnival & Celebrity .

Tink
05-08-2010, 11:08 AM
We've never done Carnival but have family who have and they were very unhappy with the experience (two separate times). Carnival is known for it's hard drinking party atmosphere and that seemed to hold true for both of the experiences. Drunken revelers being sick on deck were not something that anyone wanted to witness, you know?

The Bahamas themselves don't have a great reputation so keep that in mind, too.

Boy, I'm just a cheerful sort this day, aren't I? :sorry:

Slowhand
05-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Drunken revelers being sick on deck were not something that anyone wanted to witness, you know?

The Bahamas themselves don't have a great reputation so keep that in mind, too.

If I recall, didn`t the DCL ship have to rescue one of those revellers from a Carnival ship last year when he jumped overboard?

Tink
05-08-2010, 02:48 PM
We were on the DCL ship that did the rescue! Yes. Their rescue team wasn't prepared! :eek: Doesn't say much for their training, does it? :nono:

Slowhand
05-08-2010, 04:04 PM
We were on the DCL ship that did the rescue! Yes. Their rescue team wasn't prepared! :eek: Doesn't say much for their training, does it? :nono:
Ah yes, I remember you posting about this now Tink.
I knew I`d heard about it somewhere.