PDA

View Full Version : Mr Pudding, our new addition

Deb
05-08-2010, 06:29 AM
I thought it was about time that I introduced our latest furry addition to the family :yes:

Our gorgeous bengal cat Mr Darcy went missing at the beginning of June, and we really miss him of course :( It's awful when you don't know what has happened. Anyway, our other cat Lola really went into a decline and was missing him dreadfully. She wouldn't eat and just slept all day, and even stopped being naughty! We decided to rescue another cat quite quickly and found Puds.

He is a 4 year old Ragdoll cat and he came to us via a cat rescue organisation from his old owner's house. She is a breeder and had too many cats, and he was being badly bullied to the point where he had to be put in a room on his own to keep him safe. He isn't an outdoor cat, but enjoys supervised walks in the garden. We're happy with this is Lola is an indoor cat too (her choice) so it's no extra hassle, and as 2 of our cats have gone missing in just over 2 years, then I don't think I could bear the thought of potentially losing another so soon.

It has been 3 weeks now, and things are starting to get easier. At first he just seemed pleased to be here, and he stayed in our living room relaxing and sleeping all of the time for a week. Then he started to come out and about to the rest of the house. Unfortunately he is scared of the dogs (they try to kill him with friendliness :D ), and though he and Basil are slowly coming to an understanding, he is terrified of Sorrel as she is so big. Fortunately she is outside in the garden most of the day at the moment so he gets the day without her.

The irony is that Lola hates him! His arrival has perked her up but only because she has to have energy to hiss at him all day! Poor Pudding, he constantly tries to make friends but she's not having it! They'll all come round eventually, but at the moment it is hard work, and Puds is getting very upset at being on his own overnight. But we'll get there.

He was Pudding when we got him, and Puds for short, but I somehow seem to have slipped into calling him Mr Pudding or Puddington :unsure: Anyway, here he is a couple of days ago during his first tentative wander around our deck.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Debwitton/Pudsrs4.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Debwitton/Pudsrs3.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Debwitton/Pudsrs2.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Debwitton/OudsRS1.jpg

Skywatcher
05-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Sweeeet :mental:

Sorry to hear about your Bengal hun

Dawn
05-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Oooh look at those beautiful eyes. :mental:

Tinkerbell
05-08-2010, 06:56 AM
See now, Mr Pudding is a great name! (and it means I won't call him a girl again!) He's beautiful :yes:

So sorry Mr Darcy didn't come home, I know how much he was loved :hug2:

Kate
05-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Oh he is absolutely beautiful! He will have a great life with you! :yes:

So very sorry Mr Darcey didnt come home though :sigh:

Deafjeff
05-08-2010, 07:38 AM
awwww sweet! (fab range of candles too BTW!)

Sorry about Mr Darcey :sorry:

Isafari
05-08-2010, 07:47 AM
He is a stunner :yes:

josh.p.
05-08-2010, 10:44 AM
He is stunning. Look at those eyes :yes: I like his paws too!

uscwest
05-08-2010, 10:55 AM
What a pretty cat Deb. Love those blue eyes.

Tink
05-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, I'm still hoping Mr. Darcy comes home. :sorry:

Mr. Puddington is quite a beautiful kitty!!! I sure hope Lola decides to like him. I've not ever heard of a ragdoll cat before.

Lovely outdoor area you have!

Deb
05-08-2010, 11:10 AM
I am also hoping Mr Darcy comes home :sigh:

Thanks everyone! :) That is our deck that leads from our front door, and it means we can monitor him - as long as he doesn't jump to get onto and over the fence he can potter about safely. We spend a lot of time on there so he has plenty of time to get used to it. Once we know he's comfortable with us we will take him into the garden for walks. He really likes to smell the flowers!

Crazycatlady
05-08-2010, 02:06 PM
He is sooooooooo gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Amazing how they keep their white bits so white:yes:

lozzy
05-08-2010, 02:54 PM
OMG He is beautiful.

mainecoon lover
05-08-2010, 03:33 PM
He is a beautiful boy Deb. He is doing better than Warpaint as she only comes out to eat and go to the litter tray. Dempsey of course is out and about but being hissed at by the others.

Esmeralda
05-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh my gosh he is beautiful. Sorry to hear about your two other cats, that must be hard on you.

Britchick
06-08-2010, 07:50 AM
He's beautiful!

Johnie
06-08-2010, 08:16 AM
omg he is gorgeous!!!