PDA

View Full Version : Nuts Billericay to Glasgow Trip

ukwdwnut
20-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Wednesday: 4.30 off goes the alarms gets up makes cuppa for me and den. Washed and dressed in no time. Then waits and waits, waits some more, jeez why do woman take sooooo long to get ready :lol:
plan was to leave at 5.30, eventually get away at 6 so not so bad really considering there's a female involved :wink:
so off we go on the m11 to miss a huge traffics jam on the a12/m25 jct then get on the m25then m1 and a50 as terry suggested. Good run overall tbh. First stop isthe Trafford centre in Manchester OMG!! It's huge. Sends Keith a text saying the same he just laughs :lol:
has something to eat then set off again after about an hour. We get to the lake district and wow what beautiful views from the car so take a few photos from inside, seeing as you can't stop on motoraways. What aren't there photo stops on this route :lol:
finally meet up with friends about 4pm have a chinwag as you do and later to bed.
Thursday morning: seeing as it's nice we go to loch lomond shores for a few hours. I can't believe the scenery is this awesome just a stones throw from Glasgow. We look around the shops have some food. Part of it, just a small part is like world showcase with stalls etc from different countries.

Pix will follow when I get home. I'm really annoyed I didn't bring my 400D. I just didn't think there would be much to take photos off, how wrong am I. Glad I brought the iPod to visit here when I can miss coming on so much since I got out of hospital not felt upto to being on them pc tbh, but now I'm coming to terms with everything I will get in more again :)
will post more of the trip as and when we do anything :)

Kate
20-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Ive never been up that way before, sounds very beautiful though! :yes:

Tink
20-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Scotland seems like a gorgeous place for photos (based on anything I've ever seen on film, in documentaries or in books). I find it a very romantic place, and one that I'd love to see.

Good that you are having a nice time Mick. Now be sweet to your wife! ;) :hug2:

arkvilla
20-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Looking forwrd to seeing some photo's Mick and it's realy good to hear your getting your head around all the stuff that's been thrown at you :hug2:

Take care

Sandra

ukwdwnut
20-08-2010, 02:14 PM
It's got absolutely stunning countryside up here, you have to see it to believe it really. Shame the weather is so hit and miss

Slowhand
20-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Glad to see that you had a good trip Mick.
The scenery even from the top end of the M6 is really fabulous isn`t it?

robertcraig
20-08-2010, 04:11 PM
glad you are enjoying scotland i think we do not apreciate the scenery because we live here

Tinkfan
20-08-2010, 04:15 PM
:wave: Sounds wonderful, pictures please so I can see too!! :yes:

uscwest
20-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Looking forward to the photos Mick

mumof2
20-08-2010, 10:21 PM
ooooh lovely Loch Lomond, where were you Mick. when we went for the wedding we stayad at Balloch House Hotel on the river with lovely views of the Loch. The wedding was at Luss.....beautiful place.

I'm a wee bit jealous of you now! :yes:

Deafjeff
22-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Cant wait for the photos....

How you doing by the way....

uscwest
22-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Did you see and photograph Nessie Mick?

robertcraig
22-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I have photagraphed nessie the one made of lego at downtown disney

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Glad to see that you had a good trip Mick.
The scenery even from the top end of the M6 is really fabulous isn`t it?

the scenery is just stunning terry i couldnt believe it

glad you are enjoying scotland i think we do not apreciate the scenery because we live here

no maybe your right as its on your doorstep RC

:wave: Sounds wonderful, pictures please so I can see too!! :yes:

coming soon :)

ooooh lovely Loch Lomond, where were you Mick. when we went for the wedding we stayad at Balloch House Hotel on the river with lovely views of the Loch. The wedding was at Luss.....beautiful place.

I'm a wee bit jealous of you now! :yes:

only went there for 2 days visiting M but its just spectacular countryside :yes:

Cant wait for the photos....

How you doing by the way....

doing ok thx DF :)

Did you see and photograph Nessie Mick?

haha didnt go to that lock john :lol:

I have photagraphed nessie the one made of lego at downtown disney

not quite the same RC :lol:

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 11:11 AM
well im back homne, had a fantastic time up in bonnie scotland

just want to share one thing with you, which i howled at when it was said i couldnt stop laughing :lol:

when we went up to Oban, a 2 hr drive from the outskirts of glasgow. denise said you would have to come a very long way to see scenery like this. to which up in my head popped straight away

WELL WE HAVE DUH!! 400 ODD MILES :laugh:

and everyone in the car wet themsleves laughing :lol:

photos to follow soon :D

Tink
26-08-2010, 11:42 AM
:lol: Good one Mick! :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing the photos. :yes:

Tinkfan
26-08-2010, 11:49 AM
:wiggle: Waiting ....... :yes:

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 12:29 PM
here you go. not had time to go thru them erally just some at random sorry if some are the sameish

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 12:32 PM
none of these were taken by me, as i didnt take my 400D i had no idea we would see anything like this near glasgow. all taken by my friend on his 500D and some onm the move in the car

Tinkfan
26-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Gorgeous! Those clouds are amazing! Where did you stay Mick? A different spot each night?

Slowhand
26-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Nice shots Mick, it seems like you had some half decent weather also. :thumbsup:

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Gorgeous! Those clouds are amazing! Where did you stay Mick? A different spot each night?

no we stayed at friends who we met yrs ago on holiday they live on the outskirts of glasgow and we travelled out most days :)

ive still got to look on my little PAS camera if there are some postable ones there i will add them too

Nice shots Mick, it seems like you had some half decent weather also. :thumbsup:

some days were really nice terry, others it just rained so we went to malls. went to a tony romas for a meal, that was quite nice :)

Tink
26-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Lovely! But, but, but NO NESSIE???? :D

Beautiful scenery Mick. I like the little bird ones too. :yes:

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Lovely! But, but, but NO NESSIE???? :D

Beautiful scenery Mick. I like the little bird ones too. :yes:

oh i have one of nessie hang on

there were about 4 or 5 robins around my feet so tame :D

MystikPiglit
26-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Lovely photos, Mick. :thumbsup: They've made me quite homesick.

. denise said you would have to come a very long way to see scenery like this. to which up in my head popped straight away
WELL WE HAVE DUH!! 400 ODD MILES :laugh:

Brilliant. :lol:

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Lovely photos, Mick. :thumbsup: They've made me quite homesick.

thx Di

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 06:10 PM
is this nessie i wonder :lol:

ukwdwnut
26-08-2010, 06:56 PM
more pix this time from my little fuji f10

lisaw
27-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Looks lovely Mick - what is the name of the little town by the lake/loch?

ukwdwnut
27-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Looks lovely Mick - what is the name of the little town by the lake/loch?

its called Oban Lisa was quite nice there :D

lisaw
27-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Well I would like to live there! :lol:

ukwdwnut
27-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Well I would like to live there! :lol:

its cold and windy there so wrap up, byeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

lisaw
27-08-2010, 11:22 AM
its cold and windy there so wrap up, byeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

What like here you mean? :lol:

ukwdwnut
27-08-2010, 11:29 AM
What like here you mean? :lol:

no moreso up there brrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

ever had your heating on in august?

Tinkfan
27-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Everyone is wearing jackets and jeans! Was it really that cold if you were away from the lake?

MystikPiglit
27-08-2010, 01:30 PM
That last shot is lovely, Mick. Just like a postcard. :thumbsup:

ukwdwnut
27-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Everyone is wearing jackets and jeans! Was it really that cold if you were away from the lake?

certainly wasnt the weather for shorts, not a chance trish. was too cold for me to go out in just a t shirt as well. shame would have been awesome if the sun shone and was warm all the time

That last shot is lovely, Mick. Just like a postcard. :thumbsup:

glad you like it, that was one of mine :)