PDA

View Full Version : Guess what

mainecoon lover
23-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I am going to Boston on Friday for 3 nights and will be back Tuesday. Beth is in respite and they told me to go away so would have been rude not too :yes:

tb2830
23-08-2010, 08:43 PM
brilliant news :yes:

lozzy
23-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Have a great time,I'm sure you and beth will both have a great time.

mainecoon lover
23-08-2010, 08:45 PM
And we are going whale watching on Sunday

Mari
23-08-2010, 08:46 PM
that sounds wonderful!

have a great time!!

daveann
Oh wow have a brill time :)

mainecoon lover
Have a great time,I'm sure you and beth will both have a great time.

Beth is not coming, she is in respite. Just Nigel and myself

daveann
23-08-2010, 08:51 PM
We saw whales and dolphins swimming in the wild last week on our cruise it was the most amazing sight :)

lozzy
23-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Beth is not coming, she is in respite. Just Nigel and myself
Sorry didn't write that very well, I meant I'm sure Beth will have a good time in respite and that you will have a great time away.

mainecoon lover
23-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Sorry didn't write that very well, I meant I'm sure Beth will have a good time in respite and that you will have a great time away.

Thats ok and yes she will. They are going to some music festival on Sunday

uscwest
24-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Have a great trip. Sounds like fun. I LOVE Boston.

Tinkfan
24-08-2010, 12:00 PM
:wave: I love Boston!!! Have you done the walking tour yet? There are some wonderful restaurants too. We stayed at The Doubletree Inn across the harbor, very nice and reasonable for Boston standards, They also drive you into the city for free!!!!

mainecoon lover
24-08-2010, 12:38 PM
:wave: I love Boston!!! Have you done the walking tour yet? There are some wonderful restaurants too. We stayed at The Doubletree Inn across the harbor, very nice and reasonable for Boston standards, They also drive you into the city for free!!!!

Never been to boston before. Looking forward to some good seafood

catrancher
24-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Oh... Faneuil Hall, The Commons, The Swan Boats, The Freedom Trail (http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/index.html)!

I love Boston! So much to see and do!

If you get a chance, stop by the Bull & Finch (http://www.cheersboston.com/pub/). This is the pub that the original "Cheers" television series was based on!

Tom (:macwave:... where everybody knows your name!)

Tink
24-08-2010, 04:46 PM
There is a Darty Nellie's there!!! :D Also, try Union Bay Oyster House. It's the oldest serving restaurant in the US. Take a walk around (there is a second floor). You'll feel like Paul Revere is about to walk in!

The Commons are great too (for exploring) but seriously, not much beats the Freedom Trail (even if you only do a bit of it).

(That's a LONG trip for a weekend)! :eek:

foreverducky
24-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Sounds like a blast! I would love to visit Boston, as long as someone else was driving.

mainecoon lover
24-08-2010, 06:43 PM
There is a Darty Nellie's there!!! :D Also, try Union Bay Oyster House. It's the oldest serving restaurant in the US. Take a walk around (there is a second floor). You'll feel like Paul Revere is about to walk in!

The Commons are great too (for exploring) but seriously, not much beats the Freedom Trail (even if you only do a bit of it).

Whats a Darty Nellie's ? :unsure: Yes long journey but nothing other than the USA ever appeals to us. We thought of Venice and Benidorm but they were only 50 cheaper.

Tinkfan
25-08-2010, 12:18 PM

We love the Union Bay oyster House!!! Great food!!

Tink
25-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Darty Nellie's is a pub (nearly directly behind the Union Bay Oyster House.

Union Bay Oyster House is in a very old section of Boston, quite near the Quincy Market area.

Your best mode of transport will be your feet. Walk all around there, up and down and in and out of the little alleys. It reeks of history (well, Anglo history as far as a country that is less than 300 years old can have). :D