PDA

View Full Version : If anyone has any spare pixie dust

lozzy
23-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I would love some please,
My Grandad has been unwell for a few years now, he has had Diabeits for a number of years and that got worse which meant he had to start using insulin injections, He then started to feel unwell so he had a few test done which showed he had a rear type of leukemia which affects people over 70.(no treatment) he has since then been unwell and had more test which showed he has hepatitis, which was caused by a blood transfusion done when he had a op about 20 years ago.
In the last year he has been in and out of hospital due to him passing out, he has had a small stroke.
Well I got a phone call from my mum and Saturday to say my grandad had been back to the hopsital for some test results and it looks like he might have lung cancer.
Then to top it all off he had a bigger stroke on Thursday night.
We are all waiting now for a phone call tomorrow from the hospital to tell us how bad the lung cancer is and what the next step is.

foreverducky
23-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! :hug2: Not a good roller coaster it has been.

mainecoon lover
23-08-2010, 09:32 PM
I am so sorry :hug2:
:tink::pdust::pdust::pdust::pdust:

Britchick
23-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear that :hug2:

daveann
24-08-2010, 05:53 AM
:hug2:

mumof2
24-08-2010, 09:21 AM
oh my gosh lozzy, I'm so sorry sweetheart.....very special wishes for your Grandad :hug2::hug2:

:tink::pdust::pdust::pdust::pdust::pdust:

Kate
24-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Oh Lozzy, im so sorry, i just dont know what to say :hug2: and :pixiedust:

uscwest
24-08-2010, 11:35 AM
So sorry to hear that Lozzy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

:hug2::hug2::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixi edust::pixiedust::pixiedust:

Tinkfan
24-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Oh honey, I'm soo sorry to hear that. Try breaking it down in steps to figure it out. That form of leukemia is very slow growing. My Aunt has had it for years as well as my DIL's father, Are they treating the hepatitis? Are they able to control the blood sugars with the insulin? (pm me for the diabetes with any questions you may have) Will include your grandfather in my daily prayers and you and your family. It's so hard to be sick and just as hard to watch someone you love be ill. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:Here day or night sweetie. Love Trish

MystikPiglit
24-08-2010, 02:03 PM
:hug2: :pixiedust:

Tink
24-08-2010, 04:28 PM
My gosh Lozzy, that is a real mess of illnesses! :( I'm so sorry that he's been through so much. Will send all good thoughts and a steady stream of the sparkly stuff to wish him well. :hug2: :pdust: :pdust: :pdust: :pdust: :pdust:

lozzy
24-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Well the macmillian nurse phoned today and have said the lung cancer is none growing at the moment which is really great news, we are now waiting for an appointment for a scan in the next 2 days as they need to try and find a reason for the strokes,

I would like to thank everyone for your support.

lozzy
24-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh honey, I'm soo sorry to hear that. Try breaking it down in steps to figure it out. That form of leukemia is very slow growing. My Aunt has had it for years as well as my DIL's father, Are they treating the hepatitis? Are they able to control the blood sugars with the insulin? (pm me for the diabetes with any questions you may have) Will include your grandfather in my daily prayers and you and your family. It's so hard to be sick and just as hard to watch someone you love be ill. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:Here day or night sweetie. Love Trish

Yes Tinkfan his form of Leukemis is very slow growing and hasn't really changed much since we found out he had it, His Diabetes is under control now thanks to the insulin injections. The Hepatits isn't being treated as far as I am aware.
Thank you,x x x

Mari
24-08-2010, 09:56 PM
:hug2:

I know several people, my grandad included, with that form of leukemia and diabetes... and they seem to have "normal" lives

I really hope he is better soon

foreverducky
24-08-2010, 11:23 PM
You have been in my thoughts! :hug2: