PDA

View Full Version : Wow, we are home, but wow

Skywatcher
24-08-2010, 07:34 PM
:wave:

All back safe and sound.

Been up since 2 am uk time and we are totally whacked now, got in about an hour ago, shoved some food in the boys and they passed out.

It was indescribable.(but I will give it a ham fisted go)

Utterly beautiful, humbling and honestly life changing.

Trip report is written, thanks to the iPad and I will try and get it on tomorrow if I get time.

Photos are coming, be patient I have nearly 2000 to go through and sort. And lots of short films taken on the iPhone.

I want to go back already.

We saw the sun come up on kilimanjaro this morning from the plane, watched the Nile snake it's way, saw the rough Savannah give way to the vast sahara. And that was just the flight home , which was the worst bit !

Tonight though we need to sleep, and tomorrow get some food in and start running errands again.

Whatever I write and whatever pictures I feel happy enough to post will never really get the full experience over to you.

Best trip ever.

kazzaqld
24-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Welcome home!

Glad to see you all home safe and sound, and can't wait to hear about the awesome trip! :hug2::hug2::yes:

keith
24-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Welcome home! we've all missed you!

Glad you're all back safe and sound

What an experience for the boys too, cant wait for the trip report

Kate
24-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Yaaay youre home - sounds like it was a brilliant holiday! Looking forward to reading and seeing all about it!

foreverducky
24-08-2010, 07:58 PM
I was literally just thinking of you and your family today (and of course your trip). I was thinking about when you may be coming back. And well, here you are now.

Sleep and rest!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Mari
24-08-2010, 08:07 PM
wooow :)

Welcome home

josh.p.
24-08-2010, 08:37 PM
:wave: :thud: can't believe you're back already! It sounds like you'll be back before you can say 'HARAMBE!'

lozzy
24-08-2010, 08:54 PM
So glad you had a great time, can't wait to hear all about it and see some great photos.

catrancher
25-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Yay! You're back!

And not a volcano in sight! :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... pictures! We need pictures!)

Deafjeff
25-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Welcome back home! Cant wait to see trip report.....

Skywatcher
25-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Ok, will do soon. ;) all the text is written, there were a lot of days when we did literally nothing so haven't written them down.

Will make more sense if it's posted along with the relevant photos and videos, will have a crack at those when we get back from getting our pussy cats and shopping.

Deb
25-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Welcome home Chris :hug2:

I know how you feel.....I felt like that when I went a few years back. You feel like you're spending all your time with your jaw dropped open in astonishment! (I even went to the outside of your hotel, as our bus was dropping people off before we got to ours :D ). And how magical for the boys!

Hope you all get acclimatised to being home very soon....can't wait to hear all about it :)

lisaw
25-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Welcome back! Can't wait for all the photos! :)

uscwest
25-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Welcome home. It sounds like the trip far exceeded your expectations. Can't wait to read the trip report and see the pictures. Even before I do so, it makes me want to do something like that even more so, just from your description.

Tink
25-08-2010, 11:59 AM
It is so good to have you back home! :hug2: I know that your family must have had an incredible experience. Wish I could find the words to thank you enough for sharing it with us!

Get some rest and then prepared to be inundated with questions! :D

Tinkfan
25-08-2010, 12:13 PM
:wave:Welcome home, we all can't wait to share the trip through your eyes :yes:

MystikPiglit
25-08-2010, 12:38 PM
:wave: Welcome back! :hug2:
I'm so glad to hear that your trip was wonderful. :yes: