PDA

View Full Version : Cat tossed in trash

DisneyFreak
25-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Outrage Over Cat Tossed in Trash (http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/outrage-over-cat-tossed-in-trash-21579767)

I hope they take this woman by the scruff and toss her @$$ in prison. :nono:

Esmeralda
25-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Apparently she wasn't arrested because she hadn't commited a criminal offence?????

It beggars belief doesn't it, plus she now has round the clock police protection for her own safety. She quite gleefully says that it's just a cat :( and doesn't know what all the fuss is about :(

Crazycatlady
25-08-2010, 03:30 PM
What a horrible woman

Tink
25-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Yes, she is. Just flat out horrible.

uscwest
25-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I remember once when I was just a kid I put a cat down the sewer, but at least there I knew it could get back out. This is horrible.

Shellyamc
25-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I still say that if you can do something horrible to an animal then you can do it to a person. :nono:

I think they should let someone put her in a trash can for 15 hours. It would be funny, right? Just a joke..

Britchick
25-08-2010, 04:49 PM
How anyone can do that just amazes me!

Tink
25-08-2010, 05:05 PM
You are absolutely right, Shellyamc. I don't know of any serial killer who does not have hurting animals in his/her past. One of the key diagnostic factors for serious mental illnesses (on Axis II) is the consideration of whether or not the person tortures animals. And yes, pulling the wings off flies counts. :(

The woman is at best socially unacceptable. At worst, something more dangerous.

Kate
25-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I read this this morning, thought it was so sad - 15 hours is a long time. What an absolutely nasty horrible woman, and to say it was "just a joke"?! I really dont understand the mentality of some people - what on earth made her think to do it??

josh.p.
25-08-2010, 05:58 PM
My bet is that she is a 'cat hater'. I know a lot of people don't like them in their gardens. I'd take pleasure in doing it to her. Horrible, horrible woman.

Kate
25-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Apparently shes not Josh - her mum said that she loved cats

Tink
25-08-2010, 06:03 PM
No one who likes any animal would do that, regardless of what their Mama says. :sorry:

Kate
25-08-2010, 06:04 PM
No one who likes any animal would do that, regardless of what their Mama says. :sorry:

this is true.

Britchick
25-08-2010, 07:47 PM
You are absolutely right, Shellyamc. I don't know of any serial killer who does not have hurting animals in his/her past. One of the key diagnostic factors for serious mental illnesses (on Axis II) is the consideration of whether or not the person tortures animals. And yes, pulling the wings off flies counts. :(

dangerous.

That's exactly what I said earlier Tink, there's a difference between losing your temper and lashing out (although not acceptable) and doing what she did to deliberately inflict discomfort on the poor animal, what if the wheelie bins had been emptied?

Esmeralda
25-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Exactly it could have ended up in a crusher, she knew totally what she was doing and what could have happened to it. That in my opinion is just downright spiteful, and so was her response.

DisneyFreak
25-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Karma is a......well you know.

Hopefully nature finds a way to lash out on this one.

lozzy
25-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I heard about this yesterday and I was in total shock, I was walking round the house say lets put her in a b***** bin and see how she likes it.
She should be charged for what she did.

Shellyamc
26-08-2010, 04:40 AM
My bet is that she is a 'cat hater'. I know a lot of people don't like them in their gardens. I'd take pleasure in doing it to her. Horrible, horrible woman.

I would bet she is just a 'hater' in general:thumbsdown:

I very much dislike cats in my garden and I can't say I would have one myself, but to do this to any animal is just gross.

Kate
26-08-2010, 08:08 AM
This was an item on gmtv this morning, and i have to say i was quite disgusted at the presenters. All 3 of them said it was way over the top - i dont think it is - what she did was completely wrong and she deserves everything she gets, i for one am glad she was caught on camera, far too many people that abuse animals arent caught. And another presenter said its "just" a cat - i hate it when people say this about animals, they arent "just" anything, they have a beating heart in their little bodies, they feel pain. grrrr, makes me so cross!:furious:

Tink
26-08-2010, 11:35 AM
At the risk of getting way off topic, Kate I believe that is the heart of the matter with many of the issues in (the global) society today. "We" view another (regardless of what criterion we use to determine "other") as less than ourselves, not worthy of the same respect and nor having the same value.

If we could recognize that a living being is just that, a living being and as such has a right to life and living that life unmolested (in any form) just imagine how much further along we'd be!

OK. Off soapbox now. (Disclaimer: "We" is the collective, non-personal we). :D

DisneyFreak
26-08-2010, 12:10 PM
At the risk of getting way off topic, Kate I believe that is the heart of the matter with many of the issues in (the global) society today. "We" view another (regardless of what criterion we use to determine "other") as less than ourselves, not worthy of the same respect and nor having the same value.

If we could recognize that a living being is just that, a living being and as such has a right to life and living that life unmolested (in any form) just imagine how much further along we'd be!

OK. Off soapbox now. (Disclaimer: "We" is the collective, non-personal we). :D

Couldn't agree more Tink!! What makes "us" so special?

Maybe someday the world will think this way but I'm afraid it's going to be long after our time. :sorry:

Esmeralda
26-08-2010, 01:36 PM
98% of a gorillas DNA is the same as ours. ALL of our pets even to the little hamsters have had their very own individual personalities. One of our cats hasn't got a mean bone in her body, if this had happened to her it would have severly traumatised her.

Britchick
26-08-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't think that people should be threatening her, that is what the Police, RSPCA are for. It's ok to be outraged etc but death threats?

Tink
26-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Nope. That's as wrong, isn't it? It's no one's place to threaten another person. That really is what the authorities are for. If the laws are not sufficient to penalize someone, then that's really the end of it. Work to change the laws, but you can't go after someone who, regardless of reprehensible character, didn't break a law. (Nor should anyone "go after" someone, regardless eh)?