PDA

View Full Version : Who do you follow on twitter?

disneymom
01-09-2010, 10:19 PM
I signed up but I dont know anyone so all I'm reading are the posts from this site which I read here anyway :taunt:

so who do you follow, who's a good person to read over there?

josh.p.
01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Stephen Fry is great :) (@stephenfry)
If you watch Big Brother Davina is great (@thisisdavina)

I'm @parrysite but I must warn you I babble about whatever pops into my head and a lot of it is probably very silly LOL

keith
01-09-2010, 10:55 PM
oh dear :( I was hoping this particular topic wouldn't come up :lol:

DW & I share the twitter account so she's subscribed to a load of showbizzy type people. TMZ, katie price and others I don't know about, big brother people perhaps.

My own, and I like to think saner list, includes Stephen Fry, disneyparks, ProfBrianCox , jonathan ross etc. hmmm, not THAT much saner really I guess :lol:

To be honest I dont really read twitter in that way though, I have a twitter client open on my desktop and I look at "trending topics". If anything happens in the world, chances are you'll see it there before its in the news or anywhere else.

josh.p.
02-09-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm with your DW on this one Keith :rotfl:

Claire
02-09-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm @tushypat on Twitter. I follow Josh, Dawn, Richard Herring, Emma Kennedy, Grace Dent, Rob Brydon, BAFTA, Radio 1, Scott Mills, Chris Moyles, catbinlady (very funny), James Blunt, Jason Manford, Alan Carr, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Paloma Faith, most Formula 1 drivers. In fact the list goes on and on!

josh.p.
02-09-2010, 09:29 AM
@catbinlady is absolutely hilarious.

kazzaqld
02-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm the same userid there as here - original hey!

I follow simon pegg, stephenfry, lily allen, richard dawkins, lots of Aussies you've never heard of (except you may have heard of our (currently) caretaker PM). Will try and think of the interesting ones!

uscwest
02-09-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't tweet.

Tink
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Well, I signed up ages ago, but haven't gone back to figure out how to actually use the thing...

Any tutorials you care to offer would be most appreciated! :D

ukwdwnut
02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
never been on twitter havent a clue what its for, just no interest in it really

Claire
02-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I also follow Secrets, Walt Disney World and the Orlando Sentinel.

You either like it or you don't Nut. It's a bit like Marmite. It can also be a little too fast for some people.

Tink, Twitter is good for catching up with people you like in the public eye, musicians, political figures or movie stars as well as family and friends. You click on their user name to follow them and you will see all their little posts like jokes, tour dates, news etc. WDW is good for news and rumours.

Tink
02-09-2010, 12:54 PM
So, how does it differ from Facebook then? :unsure:

ukwdwnut
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I also follow Secrets, Walt Disney World and the Orlando Sentinel.

You either like it or you don't Nut. It's a bit like Marmite. It can also be a little too fast for some people.

Tink, Twitter is good for catching up with people you like in the public eye, musicians, political figures or movie stars as well as family and friends. You click on their user name to follow them and you will see all their little posts like jokes, tour dates, news etc. WDW is good for news and rumours.

ive never seen it claire so havent a clue lol

MystikPiglit
02-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I haven't joined either. :unsure:
There's no point in tweeting as I have a very dull life. :sigh: I find that Forums, Facebook and emails take up enough on-screen life as it is. :rolleyes:

catrancher
02-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I think I feel the same way about Twitter that Betty White feels about Facebook!

GIH57Pk1IpM

Tom (:macwave:... pardon me but I've got a previous engagement that I just made!)

MystikPiglit
02-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Betty White is brilliant. :yes:

Claire
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
So, how does it differ from Facebook then? :unsure:

The two main reasons it's different to Facebook is Twitter only allow 140 characters per tweet so they're short and sweet and with Facebook I would have to be added as a friend to all those people I follow and they tend to prefer to keep their Facebook just for their close friends and family where as Twitter is for everyone to read. That's my take on it I guess. I'm probably totally wrong though.

Tink
02-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks! :hug2:

ukwdwnut
02-09-2010, 07:21 PM
whats a tweet when its at home? a blog type thing?

Tink
03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
OK. I stopped by Twitter and am now following Claire and Josh. :D

'Course, I really don't know what that means... :redface:

MystikPiglit
03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
'Course, I really don't know what that means... :redface:

:lol:

Mari
03-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I follow way to many people!

lots of newspapers, traffic info, favorite singers, friends... busy busy!!

I think twitter was the only thing that managed to keep me awake during night feedings with Natalia!

Mari
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Tink.. it means everytime they post a tweet (status update) you will be able to read it, reply to it and forward it you the people who follow you :)

josh.p.
03-09-2010, 08:35 PM
It's basically a micro-blog :yes: I never understood it until I used it and now I tweet like mad and probably annoy 99% of my followers :laugh: I just tweet random things that happen to me or thoughts on things I've read in the news.

I use it to promote my site too and it's very effective :yes:

Tink
04-09-2010, 05:31 AM
Sorry for all the questions. I've not used Twitter at all, even though I signed up long ago.

Didn't mean to be troublesome with asking about it.