PDA

View Full Version : dilemma - onsite for less days?

chipndale
03-09-2010, 07:40 AM
what a dilemma we have

do we stay 2 weeks at a disney hotel or a whopping 3 weeks at a cheaper offsite place?????!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Helppppppppppppppppp what would you do? any suggestions for good hotels? are there hotels offsite that feel like disney

Kate
03-09-2010, 08:06 AM
For me i think i would stay offiste for longer! You would have to weigh up the pro's and con's though - are you happy to drive while you are on holiday?

dvcjane
03-09-2010, 08:15 AM
onsite for two weeks for me, I just love the feeling of being in the middle of Disney :wiggle:

Tink
03-09-2010, 11:53 AM
There are some lovely offsite hotels, but it is much easier to deal with offsite if you have your own transportation.

Staying offsite also affords you the very real "excuse" of dining offsite where the options for meals are endless (and often, much less costlier than onsite).

Staying offsite used to be a real challenge that was offset by the perks of staying onsite with Disney. With all the changes to WDW policy, that no longer holds as rock solid.

So, yes! There are beautiful hotels, from the Gaylord, to the Ritz Carlton, to the JW Marriott, on through to nice serviceable hotels like Homewood Suites (where you have a full kitchen) to Fairfield Inns, ect.

I'd stay far, far away from the low end hotels (really more like motels) anymore. The days of good, cheap and safe are gone. To that end, I'd avoid Quality Inn, Days Inn, Masters Inn, Sleep Inn, Knights Inn, Motel 6, most Howard Johnson's and most (but not all) Comfort Inns (there is one very decent one near DTD).

Holiday Inn Sprees are usually ok, but I can't say as I'd want to spend three weeks in one.

Hilton and Marriott chain resorts/hotels are generally the best value for the money with the exception of Double Tree Suites. They have gotten very low end and shabby. Embassy Suites are on the downward slide too, so be careful with those two.

Casey3557
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
We've always only stayed on-site. But there are some great off-site hotels (I've been told!:yes:). Check out this site ~~MouseSavers.com - Disney Discount Source - Disney World Discounts, Disneyland Discounts, Disney Cruise Discounts (http://www.mousesavers.com/)