PDA

View Full Version : Coco the cat

mainecoon lover
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
3 years ago we had to make the sad decision to rehome Coco one of our cats. He was not happy with our others. My aunt said she would take him but sadly within 24 he managed to escape and she could not find him. He was micro chipped and she promised she would change all details and then when he went she said she had notified them. We knew deep down she did not but had to believe what she had said. Fast forward to today when I get a call from a pet rescue home in Plymouth to say they have him. Wow, I asked why they had not phoned the new owner and they said he was still under our address and had never been reported missing. Being cat lovers and responsible we will take him back. We are unsure how he will settle but will try and if he does not like being in doors we will feed him and he will have shelter in our pen or conservatory at night.

I got the ashes back from vet today of Tinkerbell and Rafi. I thought I was ready but was not. The vets was packed as well which I did not expect but they were very good and made sure I got out of there quickly.

Tink
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Wow. That is some odd series of "coincidences" isn't it, Michelle? I hope Coco is able to settle with you this time. Welcome home Coco!

mainecoon lover
12-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow. That is some odd series of "coincidences" isn't it, Michelle? I hope Coco is able to settle with you this time. Welcome home Coco!

Yes it is

josh.p.
12-09-2010, 03:41 PM
It's as though it was meant to be :yes: Hoping he settles for you :hug2:

lozzy
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Like Josh said it's as if he has wanted till now to be found, maybe it will be a small comfort at this very sad time for you.

Kate
12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
So bittersweet michelle, but, im so pleased he will be coming home to you - lets hope he settles in. When will you be picking him up, it will be interesting to see what he's like with you :yes:

Tinkfan
12-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Fate!!!!:hug2: :yes:

Johnie
13-09-2010, 05:02 AM
:hug2: I agree, I think it is meant to be.

mainecoon lover
13-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Coco is home. He has been playing with cat nip and is now asleep on the sofa, like he never left. He is hissing at my Maine coons and I hope he settles as he hated them before and that's why we reluctantly re-homed him. He has been well looked after and I hope no family is missing him.

Kate
13-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh how wonderful he settled so quickly - i bet he remembered it straight away!
Do you think he would learn to tolerate the other cats or do you think hes an all or nothing type of cat?

mainecoon lover
13-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh how wonderful he settled so quickly - i bet he remembered it straight away!
Do you think he would learn to tolerate the other cats or do you think hes an all or nothing type of cat?

I think he is a cat that likes to be the most important. He is still cuddled up on the sofa. He has gone for my other cats which we expected but he just turned on me. He bit me and then spat at me, I was only stroking him :(

Tink
14-09-2010, 08:41 AM
He did? Not good. Not good at all. :(

Tinkfan
14-09-2010, 11:34 AM
:hug2: :hug2: Is he afraid do you think?

mainecoon lover
14-09-2010, 01:14 PM
:hug2: :hug2: Is he afraid do you think?

Does not seem to be, been asleep all night with legs in the air on our bed. He seems to be out and about and is not hiding at all like new older cats tend to do, its like he never left here. Perhaps he was cross with me as i am the one that decided for the sake of the other cats that he needed to be rehomed.

Kate
14-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Thats a tricky one isnt it. My boy cat was like that after next door decided to have him, they would go away on holiday and just leave him and he was obviously expected to come here to eat (even though when they were there they fed him which is why he ran off), anyway, he was like a different cat here - he would hiss and go for me all the time, had it not been for the fact that he went for my little girl it probably wouldnt have bothered me as much and id imagine i would have just let him be iykwim?