PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a reliable FREE pdf to jpg converter

mumof2
14-09-2010, 09:48 AM
any ideas gratefully received! :yes:

catrancher
14-09-2010, 11:32 AM
PDF to jpg?

What kind of computer do you have? The reason I ask is that you "may" already have a converter that suits your needs. Here's how:

If you're on Windows XP:

Open your PDF document in Adobe Reader (or your favorite PDF viewer).
To take a picture of your your whole screen hit PRINT SCREEN (Prt Scrn).
To take a picture of the active window hit ALT+PRINT SCREEN (Prt Scrn) at the same time.
Now open a document in another program that can display JPG images (MS Word, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
In the new document choose Edit->Paste (or in Photoshop you can choose File->New from clipboard)

If you're on a Mac:

Open your PDF document in Preview.
From the File menu, choose Save As...
In the Save As dialog box, choose JPEG from the Format drop down menu.
Give your new JPEG file a name.

Hope this helps!

Tom (:macwave:... converted!)

mumof2
14-09-2010, 02:11 PM
thanks Tom, but i'm just getting a smaller copy of what i have!

i've seen various sites pffering free downloads for converting but do they just give me a 'screen print' or can i actually save the item in question as a picture?

it's for Christmas crafts aqnd i have found various items that open up in a pdf file, but i would rather have them in my pictures AS a picture rather than jusr opening in a pdf all the time...does that make sense?

i would like to be able to add various items so i can print them all on one piece of paper rather than using excessive amounts. :unsure:

catrancher
14-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Without knowing what converters you're looking at I can't tell you what functionality they provide. If you can point me to some of the ones you're looking at, I might be able to tell you what they can actually do. Also, are you on Windows or a Mac?

Tom (:macwave:... listening... listening...)

mumof2
14-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Without knowing what converters you're looking at I can't tell you what functionality they provide. If you can point me to some of the ones you're looking at, I might be able to tell you what they can actually do. Also, are you on Windows or a Mac?

Tom (:macwave:... listening... listening...)

thanks for your help Tom. I'm on Windows. Will have a look and see what's not 'dodgy' lokking and then post the links for you to look at! :hug2:

catrancher
14-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Here's one that I found (http://download.cnet.com/Office-Convert-PDF-to-JPG-JPEG-TIFF-Free/3000-10743_4-10900900.html). Only does one at a time but that might be OK for your needs.

Tom (:macwave:... there's a bunch of them evidently!)

mumof2
14-09-2010, 06:41 PM
:hug2:wow, thank you :worship: it worked, yippee! :thumbsup: