PDA

View Full Version : How did you celebrate?

Isafari
22-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Have you ever celebrated your birthday/anniversary/special occasion at Disney? If so, how did you make it special?

DisneyFreak
22-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Celebrated my birthday at EPCOT in 2008 with my DW and treated my Dad to a day at the park. That was the last time I was able to enjoy Disney with him.

wdwgrandma
22-09-2010, 04:25 PM
We celebrated my 50th birthday by staying at the GF, having dinner at V&A, and enjoying all the attention!

MystikPiglit
22-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Had a few of those, but my favourite was Crystal Palace breakfast on my 50th birthday with a hug from Piglet.

Slowhand
23-09-2010, 07:52 AM
We celebrated our silver wedding anniversary with dinner at the Chef`s Table at V & A`s.
That was great, although we did get some strange looks from the chefs as they had been told it was our golden wedding anniversary, and our menus were customised to this effect! :lol:

The GF arranged for some room decorations with a card from Cinderella/Prince Charming, followed by the delivery of a box of hand made chocolates and even the "box" was edible!

Tink
23-09-2010, 12:22 PM
We celebrated Herself's birthday with a stay at Poly concierge. We had a special cake, surprise guests, and lovely gifts waiting in our room from dear friends. The holiday also included the segway tour and some other fun events.

We also celebrated Herself's Mother's 75th birthday with a DCL cruise with 18 family members. It was quite a time, and in the end all was well but we'll not be rushing back to DCL.

There were cakes for the birthday and lovely gifts for us in our stateroom from very dear friends. :yes:

catrancher
23-09-2010, 01:08 PM
We too have celebrated an anniversary or two at WDW. Although not our Silver (like Slowhand)!

For us, it's dinner at V&A also. As far as I'm concerned, there's no better way to celebrate any major occasion than that!

Tom (:macwave:... got the menus to prove it!)

Isafari
23-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Wow, they all sound fantastic :yes:

Rosie0610
23-09-2010, 03:36 PM
We just celebrated DH's birthday in May. We had dinner at Cali Grill, sat by the window during Wishes. We had a couples massage at the Saratoga Springs Spa - soo nice! We also did the Fort Wilderness Segway tour.

We are celebrating our 5yr Wedding anny in October. We are eating at Ohana' where we ate our wedding meal 5 years ago!

Isafari
23-09-2010, 03:43 PM
We had a couples massage at the Saratoga Springs Spa - soo nice

I've been interested in this for a while - any more info would be great Rosie

daveann
23-09-2010, 03:51 PM
we celebrated our wedding :) narcooseess (dunno how its spelt) had printed our wedding menus with names on etc :) nothing will ever live up to that wonderful day and night :) we go and look up at the suite everytime we go to disney :)

Rosie0610
23-09-2010, 05:48 PM
As far as the spa Diane, we did the Couples Relaxation (or something like that). It was a 50 min hydro-therapy massage and a 50 min swedish massage. One person was in the tub while the other was on the table and then we switched. Afterwards we were given tea or lemonade and biscotti in a little lounging room. It was kind of pricey ($400ish) but for 2 hours for 2 people it was about an average rate.

They also do just a 50 min couples Swedish massage where you are both on tables at the same time. Obviously this is cheaper.

Isafari
23-09-2010, 05:59 PM
As far as the spa Diane, we did the Couples Relaxation (or something like that). It was a 50 min hydro-therapy massage and a 50 min swedish massage. One person was in the tub while the other was on the table and then we switched. Afterwards we were given tea or lemonade and biscotti in a little lounging room. It was kind of pricey ($400ish) but for 2 hours for 2 people it was about an average rate.

They also do just a 50 min couples Swedish massage where you are both on tables at the same time. Obviously this is cheaper.

Thanks Rosie - sounds so good :yes: