PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney

Isafari
22-09-2010, 04:17 PM
What's your favorite part of Downtown Disney?
Do you love the shops, maybe Disneyquest, or a place to eat?

wdwgrandma
22-09-2010, 04:21 PM
The Christmas Shop and the margarita stand!

MystikPiglit
22-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Sitting on the dock beside the Margarita shack, in the evening. Bliss.

uscwest
22-09-2010, 05:02 PM
The Christmas Shop and the margarita stand!
DITTO!!!

DisneyFreak
22-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I used to like it because it was a great place to get away from the crowds. Then I used to like it for The Adventurer's Club. Now I like it for Wolfgang Puck's express and his Butternut Squash soup.

BTW, this is one the best deals in all of WDW for your counter service meal on the dining plan.

foreverducky
22-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh my gosh, I love the kitchen store and Goofy's Candy shop. I hit both of those shops several times. You don't want to know how much I spend on the toffee bars while there.

ukwdwnut
22-09-2010, 06:02 PM
i dont remember any of these shops, am i missing something here :(

for what i can remember is the disney shop :lol:

Tinkfan
22-09-2010, 08:47 PM
We love the Christmas Store, Goofy's Candy Shoppe is a must as well.I can't remeber what the name of the big store near the Lego store that has a lot of kitchen items as well as clothes.

Slowhand
23-09-2010, 07:44 AM
It`s now become a tradition that on our first day we always have a coffee sitting outside Ghiradelli`s and watch the world go by.
This is usually followed by lunch at the Earl of Sandwich, and afterwards a walk over to the West Side so that I can stock up on my magic tricks that I buy from the shop there.

uscwest
23-09-2010, 11:01 AM
It`s now become a tradition that on our first day we always have a coffee sitting outside Ghiradelli`s and watch the world go by.
This is usually followed by lunch at the Earl of Sandwich, and afterwards a walk over to the West Side so that I can stock up on my magic tricks that I buy from the shop there.So how come we never saw any of those magic tricks 3 years ago?

Isafari
23-09-2010, 02:34 PM
so that I can stock up on my magic tricks that I buy from the shop there.

Awe, you've just reminded me, I was going to buy a magic trick from Universal Studios and forgot all about it. It was the levitating one - found it fascinating.

My favorite part of DTD is Cirque Du Soleil, we love that show.

Slowhand
23-09-2010, 03:21 PM
So how come we never saw any of those magic tricks 3 years ago?
I was still perfecting the art in those days John. :wiggle:

Awe, you've just reminded me, I was going to buy a magic trick from Universal Studios and forgot all about it. It was the levitating one - found it fascinating.

I bought that one a couple of years ago Diane.
It`s very effective although setting it up is a bit of a "faff" if you excuse the technical expression. :lol:

Isafari
25-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I bought that one a couple of years ago Diane.
It`s very effective although setting it up is a bit of a "faff" if you excuse the technical expression. :lol:

Must remember to buy it next visit then :yes:

robertcraig
26-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I enjoy just enjoy wandering around listening to the street entertainment and it seemed to be much more busy this year

Kate
26-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Im not a big shopper i must admit but we do always make a trip to DTD, dont want to feel im missing out on something!! I do love the world of disney shop and also the christmas shop, it was all very busy last time we went though and wasnt much fun!