PDA

View Full Version : Gay disney character?

chipndale
30-09-2010, 10:43 AM
:tongue:

well there isnt one I dont think but wouldnt it be cool if there was? what should they be called do you think?

Tink
30-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Well I don't know about you Mr. Chipndale, but some of us already recognize the gay characters? :D :D :D

Uhhhh, errrmmmm... your user name is a hint! LOL. The Genii... :D :D and some even say the Mouse Himself! :yes: (Minnie is just his beard don't you know)! LOL.

But, if you mean one that is clearly identified as gay or lesbian, that would be cool. Disney could be a groundbreaker there, but holy mackerel can you HEAR the outrage?! :eek:

MarkE
30-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Most Disney characters are a bit camp to say the least - I always thought it as an unspoken thing that male characters such as Sebastian, Goofy and many others COULD be gay. It's just never brought up.

But then I ask you, why do they need to state THIS ONE IS, THIS ONE ISN'T? I don't walk around with an "Im straight" T-Shirt no more than my lone gay friend wears one proffessing his preferences. They're just characters in the same way that we're people, so does it really make a difference?

Tink
30-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Acknowledging some differences is beneficial in a greater context, hence the Princess of Color... :)

It's more a matter, of yeah s/he is... carry on, than anything. But now we're moving from a fun speculative thread to a political one so I'll hush on the matter. :D :D :D

MarkE
01-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Sorry Tink, didn't mean to steer it in that direction! A fun speculative thread would be much better.

You mentioned Chip and Dale (or Tic and Tac as they're called at Disneyland Paris) - I always got the impression they were related, as opposed to friends?

I agree that Mickey often acts up a bit!! Especially in the old black and white cartoons! I have the Disney Treasures dvd's of them, and always enjoy watching them.

Tink
01-10-2010, 12:27 PM
You didn't. :D

I've always felt the same about the chipmunks myself, just "parroting" what others have said. :yes:

It's a fun and silly topic that is brought up in other circles more often. It's quite funny to learn the impressions of others on the matter! :lol:

foreverducky
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm definitely going with the Genie. :D

Claire
01-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I often wonder about Ryan from HSM.

Kate
01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
I dont think ive ever looked at a disney character and thought that they were camp! I will have to look more closely next time i watch a film i think!!

Slowhand
02-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Maybe they all can be found at Camp Mickey at AKL? :lol:

Tink
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
:rotfl: