PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Disney movie?

Johnie
01-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Animated?

Non animated?

And why?

Animated- I'm such a sucker for the Disney movies. It's really hard for me to pick just one. Some of my favorites are Cinderella, because she has a Fairy Godmother! and it's all about the shoes :tongue:

Snow White cause it's my grandma's favorite and Snow White reminds me of her.

Lion King because it is such a wonderful story. The opening always gives me goose bumps.

Non animated- Mary Poppins. I love Julie Andrews. This is such a wonderful movie!

MarkE
01-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Animated Favourite - Lion King, without a doubt. Alladin comes in close second.
Non Animated - Pirates of The carribean. The first one...

The one that touches me the most however is Dumbo. I havent watched the film in its entirity for years, but last year I had the "Baby mine" scene in my head for about two months straight. Louise has bought me the new Blu-Ray of it (and snow white) for christmas, I'll enjoy watching them over the holiday period.

ukwdwnut
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Animated Favourite - Lion King here too
Non Animated - need to watch POTC not seen any yet altho have 2 on dvd...so herbie at this moment in time

daveann
01-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Petes dragon all the herbie films toy story lion king dumbo oh heck I can't just pick 1 :)

MarkE
01-10-2010, 10:56 AM
...so herbie at this moment in time

The original or remake? I'm trying to think whether the remake was the last good film Lindsay Lohan made...

foreverducky
01-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I think my favorite animated is Beauty and the Beast.

For non-animated, it's a tie between Mary Poppins and POTC.

catrancher
01-10-2010, 11:27 AM
My favorite animated one has to be "Peter Pan"!
First film I can ever recall seeing. :yes:

Favorite non-animated? 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!

Tom (:macwave:... dating himself again!)

Claire
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Animated would be Toy Story.
Non-Animated has to be Mary Poppins!

wdwgrandma
01-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Animated:
Beauty and the Beast - maybe because as a teenager I also read constantly and dreamed of adventure.

Non-animated:
Summer Magic is an old favorite - innocent fun, great music...
Pirates of the Caribbean because it is full of adventure!
Swiss Family Robinson because it is a great family adventure.

Disneybumble
01-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Mine are Lion King and Beauty and the Beast

and non Mary Poppins and sad i know but High School Musical will now forever remind me of my girls, and the pure excitement of seeing it.

uscwest
01-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Non-Animated - Old Yeller

Animated - Ratatouille

Isafari
01-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Non-Animated - Old Yeller

Oh my gosh!!! I break my heart at that film John.

DisneyFreak
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Animated: (1961)101 Dalmatians - I used to sit for hours as a kid and listen to this record (remember what those were?). I think I actually like just sitting listening to it instead of watching it.

Animated Short: (1946) Peter and the Wolf (music by Sergei Prokofiev) - I think this is one of the best animated projects Disney has ever put together. If you ever get a chance to see or hear this it is absolutely wonderful.

Non Animated: (1979) The Black Hole - Anyone remember this one? Not that it was a great movie but one the ones I still have fun watching. A superb cast which included Anthony Perkins, Maximilian Schell & Ernest Borgnine. A close 2nd would be (1982) Tron. Can't wait for the sequel later this year.

BUTTERHEAD1
02-10-2010, 02:11 AM
My favorite animated is the Lion King with Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid 2nd & 3rd.
My favorite non animated is probably Mary Poppins or National Treasure.

foreverducky
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh I love National Treasure. :yes:

catrancher
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Animated Short: (1946) Peter and the Wolf (music by Sergei Prokofiev) - I think this is one of the best animated projects Disney has ever put together. If you ever get a chance to see or hear this it is absolutely wonderful.

Ohhh... I had forgotten Peter and the Wolf! I remember seeing this on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color way back when. I love the Prokofiev music!

Thanks for the memory! :thumbsup:
Oh wait... that was Bob Hope.

Tom (:macwave:... wow! That was a looonnnnngggg time ago!)