PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to send a card?

Tink
10-10-2010, 12:54 PM
If you would like to send a card to Mairead's sister, please send me a PM and will provide you with the address.

Just to be sure we all understand, the cards should be silly and fun and uplifting! :yes: :tralala: :D

Oh, and please continue to only mention Sharon's illness here and not on Facebook or other public forums, ok? We need to keep the family's confidentiality until they've had time to tell everyone in their "world."

So! Drop me a PM and I'll send you the address!

Johnie
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Will you pm me the address?

mumof2
10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
thank you! it'll be fun....i wondered if it's ok to put a card in an envelope marked 'sharon' and then mail it to me in another envelope? then i could open it and secretly post it in their letterbox so it's not obvious at first glance that it's from anyone to do with me....does that make as much sense to you as it does to me! :unsure:

Deb
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Makes sense to me Mairead! Love your pic in your sig by the way :)

I shall PM you tomorrow Tink.

tb2830
10-10-2010, 09:07 PM
i would love to send a card but worried what type to get or even what i could put inside :unsure:

Claire
11-10-2010, 08:21 AM
PM on its way!

Tink
11-10-2010, 01:04 PM
If you would like the address, please remember to send me a PM. :) I can't promise to check here every day, but my PMs will notify me.

Those we sent PMs over the weekend, all have been answered now. :yes:

MystikPiglit
11-10-2010, 01:15 PM
so it's not obvious at first glance that it's from anyone to do with me....does that make as much sense to you as it does to me! :unsure:

Mairead, it does make sense but wouldn't it be nicer if she knew we were your friends? It would be more personal then. :hug2:

i would love to send a card but worried what type to get or even what i could put inside :unsure:

Me too........ :unsure:

Tink
11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Something cheeful, maybe even silly. You really only need to put, "thinking of you..." as a signature. :yes:

It's not about the perfect words, so much as it is to let Sharon know that we are thinking of her and hope today is a good day for her.

MystikPiglit
11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Quick question, Mairead. Can you tell us some of Sharon's likes, such as favourite animal/place/flower etc.? :hug2:

mumof2
11-10-2010, 08:30 PM
:hug2:
Mairead, it does make sense but wouldn't it be nicer if she knew we were your friends? It would be more personal then. :hug2:

oh yes i guess you're right! ok well maybe put it to Sharon c/o me then....:thumbsup:

Quick question, Mairead. Can you tell us some of Sharon's likes, such as favourite animal/place/flower etc.?

oo-er :unsure:

hobbies - card making, knitting, reading, and has turned her hand to successfully growing plants for Sarah since last year. :thumbsup:

colours - erm.....pinks, purples...none in particular really?

flowers - gerberas, roses, all sorts really!

animals - Westies, they have a mad one little called Lily and a black Labrador called Nondi

general - candles, sparkles, clothes (she has some gorg-e-ous sparkly shoes) capuccino and lattes!

hope that helps! thank you sooooo much everybody :hug2::hug2: