PDA

View Full Version : how to get a new job?

chipndale
11-10-2010, 09:12 AM
ok Im fed up and I want a new job, anyone else?

Whats the best way to go about it? carpet bomb the world with my cv or an agency or monster.com ???????????

help :hug2:

MarkE
11-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I guess the most important place to start is a few questions- what do you do now, what are your qualifications / skills, and what do you want to do?

ukwdwnut
11-10-2010, 11:07 AM
i found when i got into IT i just sent my CV to everyone, they say its the best way to get a job. most agencies jobs are gone thru internal promotions anyway but by law have to advertise them, so in effect your applying for a job that doesnt exist

Tink
11-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Hmmmm, well I essentially do something like this:

Check the websites daily (those that have potential positions that I may be interested in). When I find one that sounds likely, I follow the instructions to apply.

Stay in contact with anyone in the field that I am interested in.

So far, I've had results from both efforts: Interviews from "those you know" and interviews as a result of a sent in application.

Then, be fussy. Be VERRRRRY fussy. If you are unhappy now, be sure you don't go from the frying pan into the fire, eh?

MystikPiglit
11-10-2010, 01:25 PM
The last time that I was looking for a job I sent out 50 cvs (with a covering letter) to anyone that I thought it would be interesting to work for.
Out of those, I got 3 interviews and 2 offers.
The job I took hadn't even been advertised as my letter arrived 2 days before they were going to place an ad.
Good luck with your search. :thumbsup: