PDA

View Full Version : do you stay all day at the park?

disney1sttimer
12-10-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm after some advice on park strategy with young kids and older kids US :taunt:

do you go in the morning and stay all day? how do you plan the food, surely eveyrone cant eat all their meals at the park when they cost so much? :unsure:

Tink
12-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Depends on who we have with us, of course.

When we have young people, and are staying on property, we have breakfast in the villa (we're DVC). Almost always carry snacks and drinks into the park, and head out to the park of the day. We return to the villa in the early afternoon (usually somewhere around 1:00) for lunch, and a swim weather permitting. We then return to the park of the day for the afternoon and evening, and often carry in more substantial snacks.

On the day that we are going to have a special meal, we of course do not carry in snacks, but still carry in drinks.

If it's just the two of us and we are staying on property, we head out when we please (usually fairly early) after having a bite to eat in the villa. We spend as long as we please, but usually leave in the early afternoon for a break (but don't always return to the villa, sometimes we head to a resort restaurant, ect) returning around 4 or so to spend the rest of the evening there.

We'll be staying soon, attending the FWF. We'll have a very light breakfast (usually do anyway) and spend the day in EPCOT. We probably won't leave, as we'll be noshing our way around the FWF.

I'd imagine we'll head out of the park as the crowd builds (weekends are very busy) and hang out by the pool drinking Gin and Tonic, or something like that... snacks in the villa later (or something we've bought at the FWF to bring back to the room).

Hope that helps!~

Tinkfan
12-10-2010, 05:04 PM
We usually have a light breakfast at the resort and have lunch and dinner in the parks or at a resort close to the park that we're at. If we're at the MK we will go to the Contemporary or the Polynesian to eat dinner at Kona's or The Wave. The Contemporary also has a quick service place called Contempo that has good sandwiches and awesome cupcakes! Liberty Tavern in the park has good traditional food. We've always enjoyed the Crystal Palace for breakfast, lunch or dinner( although it has been sometime since we were there for dinner) Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is quick service and has a very nice selection as well.

uscwest
12-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Since it is just the two of us and we have been so many times we normally don't spend the entire day in the parks. EPCOT may be one exception during the F&W. We have rarely eaten off site. When we took the grand kids we wanted to make sure they got the best of it so we planned all our meals between our resort and the parks so then we did stay all day.

Kate
12-10-2010, 06:46 PM
We spend aaaaaall day at the parks!! Last time we went dd was 2, we took a pushchair and when she had enough she would get in and go to sleep, she would usually last until 5pm so she did really well. We plan on doing the same thing this time around too. For us, we dont go that regularly and after this trip wont be going again for a long time so its about getting as much done as we want to do, we are at the parks for about 9.30 and we are there until closing

Britchick
12-10-2010, 08:01 PM
We always go back to the resort for a swim and nap, If we don't then a melt down would happen!

foreverducky
12-10-2010, 08:44 PM
For me it depends on what's going, where we're at, how hot it is, and how crowded it is.

If it's hot and crowded, I need time away. If not, I have a melt down too. My patience just melts away.

If we're having fun and enjoying the day then we might stay all day.

And with food, well, I don't tend to eat breakfast, but then have a larger lunch followed by a lighter dinner at WDW.

ukwdwnut
12-10-2010, 11:36 PM
we stay from opening til closing whatever the times are, never left a park early :)