PDA

View Full Version : Walking a little boy to school...

Tink
14-10-2010, 02:05 PM
... a true pleasure of my morning may end soon. Our leisurely walks, full of little boy chatter, and "look at this! look at that!" and reminders of being a "sweet boy for the teacher today" may be the one true downside to ...

my having been offered the position of Administrator for an assisted living facility! :tralala: It's what I've wanted for a very long time and is with a company that is honorable, ethical, and has the true needs of the elders they serve at heart. A great fit, which was my primary goal in seeking a new position.

So, I'm very excited and eager to be embarking on the aspect of my career that will bring me to where I want to be, however, I will miss those morning walks.

Never a blessing without a touch of sorrow, eh?

uscwest
14-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Congratulations on the new position Tink. Sorry it will mess up your morning walks though.

Tink
14-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks John. :yes: I imagine Herself or I will be dropping him off at morning care at school from here on out, but it won't be quite the same, eh? He and I are at our best in the mornings and I've come to really treasure the time we spend together on those short walks.

MystikPiglit
14-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Congratulations on the new post. :thumbsup:
Maybe you could replace mornings with a short after-dinner stroll instead. :hug2:

Tinkfan
14-10-2010, 02:31 PM
:wave: Oh dear Sis, I don't know whether to be happy or sad for you! I guess I'll be both :tongue:So glad that you were able to find the right position in these crazy times but a little sad because I know how much that quiet time meant to you! My boy went to shadow at St. Francis High School today for next year . :sorry: Can't believe it's time already, he starts the placement exams on Saturday and will play hockey for them in January if he is accepted into the school. But you have the car ride to look forward to :yes:

mumof2
14-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Oh that's wonderful news, and maybe the odd afternoon/evening stroll would work just as well :hug2::hug2:

Tink
14-10-2010, 02:46 PM
They grow too fast don't they Sister Tinkfan? Good luck to your boy.

Yes, we can surely find another way to share some private, quiet time, and let's face it, my being employed makes life a little more "fun" for him too! :D

I'm really looking forward to being the administrator of this particular ALF. :yes:

Many great ideas, and the autonomy to put them in action.

josh.p.
14-10-2010, 04:25 PM
:mental: :mental: That's fantastic news!! :hug2:

Crazycatlady
14-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Great news about the job:thumbsup:

There will be plenty of other precious moments. My best is bedtime, quiet chatting or reading with no distractions:yes:

Britchick
14-10-2010, 05:21 PM
That's great news Tink :yes: but sad about the boy :hug2:

Shellyamc
14-10-2010, 05:37 PM
How wonderful!!!! Oh and yes a bit sad :hug2: It makes me think of Into the Woods, which happens to be my favorite musical, so most things make me think of it :D

Must it all be either less or more,
Either plain or grand?
Is it always 'or'?
Is it never 'and'?
That's what woods are for:
For those moments in the woods...
Oh, if life were made of moments,
Even now and then a bad one--!
But if life were only moments,
Then you'd never know you had one.

Will you have to travel like you do now? I know it doesn't seem like you enjoy being away all that much , so maybe this will mean more time with the special boy overall?

Congratulations!!! :bounce:

daveann
14-10-2010, 05:55 PM
thats really exciting for you :)
just been to see my 2 boys this weekend the oldest is 22 and i still miss our little chats but we have grown up ones now :)

Tinkerbell
14-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Congratulations Sister Tink :wiggle::wiggle:

Your sweet times will change sure, but you'll still have them :hug2:

Mari
14-10-2010, 06:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am sure you will excel at your new position!

As for the morning walks... I am sure you will miss them, but there will always be other occasions for special interaction... For us its bathtime... :)

Tink
14-10-2010, 06:45 PM
That is really lovely Shelly!

No, I won't be gone all week, each week like with the other position. I do have a long drive (for Florida) but that's ok.

I think I'm going to focus on it being the "and" not "either or!"

We'll have our good times each day, and that's what I'll focus on. :yes:

Esmeralda
14-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Many Congratulations Tink, It sounds like they have the right person for the job

lisaw
15-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Congratulations Tink!
Sad about the school walk but there will be other ways for quality time :hug2:

Claire
15-10-2010, 08:33 AM
It's a bit :thumbsup: & a bit :thumbsdown: really isn't it. :hug2:

Deb
15-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh Tink, congratulations on your new post! It sounds wonderful for you, so pleased for you! :yes:

Your morning walks sound lovely....I am so looking forward to you reporting back on what your new "special" time with the boy is :hug2:

Tink
19-10-2010, 04:30 PM
You will all be happy to know that the clearances have all come back. I am not a psycho killer or a substance abuser. :D (Really? You were worried)? :laugh:

So! I start Monday. The Director called and asked when I wanted to start and I didn't know what to say, so I chose Monday. Now I'm thinking I should have said tomorrow... but I really am not ready! :mental:

I wanted to squeeze in just a few more morning walks. :yes:

OHMYG!!!!!! CLOTHES!!!!! Ugh. :sigh:

mainecoon lover
20-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Congratulations and i am sure you will be perfect for the job :hug2:

Tink
20-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Thank you Michelle!