PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices for 2012 Olympics announced

Dawn
15-10-2010, 01:37 PM
And they're not cheap.

http://media.ticketmaster.com/og/en-gb/img/sys/tournament/london2012/olyticketprice.pdf

Dawn
15-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Was hoping for gymnastics tickets but not at 450 a go. :eek:

Slowhand
15-10-2010, 01:41 PM
OMG!!! :thud:
Some of those prices are way in excess of what I pay to see EC!
[Mind you, I`ve never seen him pole vaulting. :lol:]

Dawn
15-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Did you see the top price for the opening ceremony? :jawdrop:

They'd have to guarantee me EC pole vaulting for me to pay that.

Slowhand
15-10-2010, 01:53 PM
I shudder to think what the prices from the touts nearer to the time will be.

mumof2
15-10-2010, 02:26 PM
OMG thay have BMX'ing. I would LOVE for the boys to see that!!

125 x 4 though which i'm guessing are for the best viewing spots - hmm, 'tis a lot of dosh.

Don't think i'll be able to make it to the opening ceremony unless i sell the house first! :bugeye:

Deb
15-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Shocking. So much for it being the people's olympics. I was hoping to go see the gymnastics too Dawn, but that's not looking likely! :unsure:

Dawn
15-10-2010, 02:43 PM
50 to watch the Marathon? Is that not just run around the streets of London? :unsure:

There'll be some sessions where I can buy Steven a ticket from 9 but he'll have to go on his own. :lol:

Maybe I'll just go to Disney World instead.

Deb
15-10-2010, 02:57 PM
50 to watch the Marathon? Is that not just run around the streets of London? :unsure:

There'll be some sessions where I can buy Steven a ticket from 9 but he'll have to go on his own. :lol:

Maybe I'll just go to Disney World instead.

My thoughts exactly! We could have a whole holiday for the price of watching one session of something! We'll watch it on the telly I think!

Dorothy
15-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm thinking that at over $300 per ticket (best seats)to see the Equestrian final is a bit steep when I can watch it at home, with probably a better view, and in my comfy clothes for a whole lot less :yes: (Let's not even discuss the cost of getting to the UK and finding a hotel)

Dawn
15-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Well you could rent my spare room but you'd have to pay the cost of my gymnastics tickets in rent. :D

MarkE
18-10-2010, 09:59 AM
They seem to be in line with most concert prices - 20 to 50 for 'normal' people, and then a bunch of overpriced tickets that will no doubt largely be given away to sponsors and sold to corporate hospitality agents.

As a concert/event person, I do shell out a fair bit on these sort of things (Meatloaf, Love Never Dies and Strictly Come Dancing Live on the horizon), but actually going to the Olympics in person just doesnt interest me in the slightest. If it did, I'd gladly sit in the cheap seats - just how bad can the view be? I've sat in what some consider to be the 'worst' seats at wembley (the furthest away, behind the goal in the third tier / halfway line third tier) and some of the 'better seats' (bottom two tiers) and the so called cheap seats are MUCH BETTER.

Dawn, sign up - worst that can happen is that you don't get to buy 20 seats for the gymnastics and end up walking away from the situation.

I've signed up, may try and get a cheap seat for the football final :)

Britchick
18-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I guess someone has to pay for it, it should be the people attending rather than the whole country. I am going to try and get to something, we've decided a budget and if we get something great! Jon wants to go to see the cycling.