PDA

View Full Version : whats the worst job you've had?

chipndale
18-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Sorry it's not disney but its monday morning and I need cheering up :thumbsdown:

whats the worst job or jobs you've ever had

Rosie0610
18-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Mine was making cookies at a cookie shop in the mall. I've never gone back to that cookie place either. Not that it was dirty or anything, I just realized how totally overpriced cookies at the mall are :)

Dawn
18-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I had a summer job working for an airline caterer near Gatwick. Not only did I have to be there by 5am but I also saw how airline meals are "assembled" :eek:

DisneyFreak
18-10-2010, 05:41 PM
I worked as a dairy stocker at the Piggly Wiggly while going to college. I loved the hours (6am-2pm) but hated the work and being in a jacket all day rotating expiration dates in the fridge. The job lasted 3 weeks!! :thumbsdown:

Britchick
18-10-2010, 06:09 PM
A waitress in a tea shop when I was 15, the boss was an absolute b! She made me so upset that I didn't go back. She refused to pay me for the time I worked so my Dad went down there:yes: I ended up getting a bonus too lol

Johnie
18-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I did telephone customer service for an HMO (health maintenance organization) that was NOTORIOUS for denying claims. lasted 2 years and some change before I moved to another dept. I came home in a bad mood every day :thumbsdown:

josh.p.
19-10-2010, 09:04 AM
I worked in a local factory that usually assembles Christmas Hampers but in the 'off-season' times they do assembly for L'oreal. On my first day I spent the whole day sticking tester stickers on lipstick. It was so mind numbingly boring.

mumof2
19-10-2010, 10:29 AM
hmm, let's see.

When i was a teen i cleaned a local building society in the evenings....until i almost set the place on fire, then got locked between the main door and security door and had to be let out by the fire brigade who called the manager for the keys. I was sacked shortly after :unsure:

Also as a teen i washed up in a local restaurant, it was horrible and i asked for a night off to go and see a concert. Stupidly they told me it was the concert or my job.....didn't take me long to decide!

And AGAIN as a teen (you'll see a pattern forming here!) I washed up in a nursing home, collected trays from the residents rooms and such like. One day i had to babysit a girl i used to look after and had to taker her with me, she was maybe 10 years old. The owner happened to be there and told me not to do it again or she'd sack me.......what a shame that i offered to babysit the girl again shortly after! :tongue:

Tink
19-10-2010, 12:00 PM
LOL! Mairead, you are a woman after my own heart! :hug2: :D

I was going to say the worst job I ever had was working for the US postal service, but that experience has been trumped for the # 1 worst job by the one I left in July. Can't give many details, but will say I am NOT going to work for a company that has no ethical underpinnings or regard for the people they are supposed to be serving. 'Nough said, eh? :sigh:

ukwdwnut
19-10-2010, 04:07 PM
ive only ever had 2 jobs, one was a carpenter & joiner the other as an IT engineer. i love both. the one thing i hated with both was working in the city(london)especially having to carry all my tools when i was a carpenter

Crazycatlady
19-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Working on a potato harvesting tractor. Standing all day on a wobbly trailer in the hot sun with dust everywhere grabbing bad potatoes as they went past on a conveyor which often trapped my fingers. At the end of the day I had dirt everywhere. Blowing my nose was black for several hours even with a mask on. All for an incredible 1.50 an hour:thumbsdown:

Esmeralda
19-10-2010, 05:50 PM
When I was a teen I worked ONE day in a golf club serving toasted teacakes and coffee to the old dodderers. I got sacked because when the old duffers tipped me they actually shoved the money up my skirt and into my knicker leg elastic! and down my top, so I hit them all on the top of their bald heads with the tray.

Glad I got sacked because I wasn't going back again anyway.

Edited to say... I was a tad fiesty then, but having said that I'd only hit them harder with it now :D

Britchick
19-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Working on a potato harvesting tractor. Standing all day on a wobbly trailer in the hot sun with dust everywhere grabbing bad potatoes as they went past on a conveyor which often trapped my fingers. At the end of the day I had dirt everywhere. Blowing my nose was black for several hours even with a mask on. All for an incredible 1.50 an hour:thumbsdown:

Was that in Lincolnshire per chance? I see them on the way to work sometimes, looks awful!

Dawn
19-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Oh and I also spent 7 days working on Brighton Pier handing out change in the arcade. Hey but every Brighton student does that at some point. I left rather than die of boredom.

Esmeralda
19-10-2010, 06:44 PM
There's nothing more boring than licking envelopes... 100 envelopes for 5p. I think they could be toxic! LOL!

Crazycatlady
19-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Was that in Lincolnshire per chance? I see them on the way to work sometimes, looks awful!

No Cornwall. Also picked daffodils and cut cauliflowers with a machete with fingers so cold I wouldn't have noticed if I'd chopped them off